ADVERTISEMENT

Clean House

Cockytalk84

Dec 5, 2021
Any school that takes football seriously would clean house after last nights pitiful performance.
We will just make excuses and say wait till next year and by February fans will be predicting a championship in 2024. Rinse and Repeat. That is Gamecock football.

Last edited:
This year was a massive disappointment, though we should have seen it coming. Next year's schedule is more difficult and we won't have an experienced QB. We definitely need to just brazenly go buy an OL from the portal.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Sellers has potential. Juice will be back. Not sure why. Everything else needs to be replaced.

Any school that takes football seriously would clean house after last nights pitiful performance.
We will just make excuses and say wait till next year and by February fans will be predicting a championship in 2024. Rinse and Repeat. That is Gamecock football.

The only thing that let us down last night was the part of the house that people wanted "cleaned" last year.

How did that work out?

Maybe we should let Beamer run the "house" and support him and his coaches instead of undermining them with constant calls of firings the moment something doesn't go our way.

Reactions: Sinjinn

Clearly you take football seriously. Maybe just go ahead lay out the AD's path to everlasting success along with the financial blueprint to execute?

Do you understand fans have little to no input on hires?

If you're prepared to swing a fanbase from coming to games, wouldn't it be more effective to make a sign and protest outside of WB?

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
Clearly you take football seriously. Maybe just go ahead lay out the AD's path to everlasting success along with the financial blueprint to execute?

If you're prepared to swing a fanbase from coming to games, wouldn't it be more effective to make a sign and protest outside of WB?

Maybe a hunger strike, and send the money saved on food to NIL. LOL

Reactions: Ward Jr

Shocker the Clemson fan doesn't want us to make changes.

We had people talking division title THIS year. LoL

But I don't see any real cleaning of house. You are right, we may get lucky with tweaks.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Watson - Just show us your cards. You've clearly had the answers for years.

Provide us that blueprint for success and how you're going to fund it today.

Mindlessly ranting about who we should have hired doesn't cut it.

Are you going to submit your blueprint for success?

or is this just more intellectually dishonest drivel?

I'm not the one in a constant state of pain about the football program.

Most of us live in reality and try to focus on the things that are within our control.

Says the person pretending to be a fan of their rival on their rival's board...

AD would have been gone years ago after the Muschamp hire at a program that cared. Instead we let the AD continue to hire coaches.

Reactions: JGH 35
I think that's what hurts the most. Amazing how many fans are still saying our AD and HC are competent.

It's like we don't deserve success.

You don't "deserve" it until you earn it. That takes money and support. You do neither and you crap on the staff constantly, even when they are successful and take steps forward.

So, no, you don't deserve it. You have gotten EXACTLY what you deserve. The bad part is people who do contribute and do support the staff as they try to build our program have got EXACTLY that YOU deserve too.

You don't "deserve" it until you earn it. That takes money and support. You do neither and you crap on the staff constantly, even when they are successful and take steps forward.

So, no, you don't deserve it. You have gotten EXACTLY what you deserve. The bad part is people who do contribute and do support the staff as they try to build our program have got EXACTLY that YOU deserve too.
Criticizing fans who criticize the team isnt the way though. I mean if anything, our fans are among the most rational in Power 5. We know we arent Bama or Ohio State. We know 10-2 is an incredible season and would cherish it. Alabama fans have said fire Saban! Clemson fans want Dabo gone. LSU had the best team possibly in history in 2019, 2 years later they fire Coach O.

So no, fans criticizing a staff or AD absolutely does not hold any program back. With our resources, fan support, stadium and recruiting region in the South, I dont think its asking a lot to be consistently .500 or better most years. But under Tanner, football has been sub .500 5 of the last 9 years, and likely will be 6 out of 10 after 2024.

We arent Bama or Georgia but we arent Vandy or Rutgers either.

Criticizing fans who criticize the team isnt the way though. I mean if anything, our fans are among the most rational in Power 5. We know we arent Bama or Ohio State. We know 10-2 is an incredible season and would cherish it. Alabama fans have said fire Saban! Clemson fans want Dabo gone. LSU had the best team possibly in history in 2019, 2 years later they fire Coach O.

So no, fans criticizing a staff or AD absolutely does not hold any program back. With our resources, fan support, stadium and recruiting region in the South, I dont think its asking a lot to be consistently .500 or better most years. But under Tanner, football has been sub .500 5 of the last 9 years, and likely will be 6 out of 10 after 2024.

Yea what bothers me is fans are satisfied to go 6-6 and go to a crappy bowl. Anything below 8 wins is failure in my book. Especially when you get 4 guaranteed wins.

Yea what bothers me is fans are satisfied to go 6-6 and go to a crappy bowl. Anything below 8 wins is failure in my book. Especially when you get 4 guaranteed wins.

6-6 and a crappy bowl would be an upgrade at this point.

We need to expand our recruiting areas. I've said for years that if we don't stop just relying on the SE and MA, we will never progress. With our facilities, we should be able to recruit TX, LA, AR, OK, CA. Many will say we can't get those guys, but we'll never know until we make the effort

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT