ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fans not happy

AltoonaSteve

Silver Member
Nov 22, 2021
They are a bit out of sorts over losing their top assistant and likely their next top assistant. I’m friends with a die-hard Clemson fan and he’s always texting me about Clemson stuff. Always ready and willing to chat…as long as it’s about Clemson. I’ve tried texting him today and he ain’t into it. Keeps giving me one and two word replies. So I just keep texting him “who y’all gonna look at for OC?” “Internal hire?” “External?” “What about Morris?” He’s not having it.

They are a bit out of sorts over losing their top assistant and likely their next top assistant. I’m friends with a die-hard Clemson fan and he’s always texting me about Clemson stuff. Always ready and willing to chat…as long as it’s about Clemson. I’ve tried texting him today and he ain’t into it. Keeps giving me one and two word replies. So I just keep texting him “who y’all gonna look at for OC?” “Internal hire?” “External?” “What about Morris?” He’s not having it.
Many Tater fans are Hypocritical. As long as the Buzz is positive they are openly willing to talk about it.

When the Buzz is negative, they tend to Shut Down.

This is another reason I Hate Clemson.

Is the stink from the great big orange pile of poo in the northern part of the state beginning to spread? I hope so.

What will they do when Dabo leaves?

Will it all come tumbling down? I think that's their fear. Venables gone, Elliott may leave. Is Dabo next?

They haven't experienced change like this in a long time when it comes to a successful season and their staff this year.

They wanted Elliot gone, but careful what you wish for because now Venables is gone.

Dabo has work to do. He has to find a a OL, QB and a DC and soon maybe an OC.

They haven't experienced change like this in a long time when it comes to a successful season and their staff this year.

They wanted Elliot gone, but careful what you wish for because now Venables is gone.

I hope that if TE leaves for Duke or Virginia, that Dabo's first call is to Joe Brady. He just got fired from the panthers but was the OC that facilitated the LSU team that drubbed us and everyone else in 2019. As much as i hate muschamp, that would be my second call for the DC position. Sucks as a head man but is pretty good with defenses. After that, your guess is as good as mine. If he promotes from within he would go with Streeter as OC (would be a dumb move for the immediate), hopefully he would have the brains to call Willy Korn and bring him on as QB coach and the OC in waiting, when inevitably Streeter fails. Just my $.02 for what its worth, i have no idea what is going to happen though.

On the other hand, Clemson fans must be quite amused that a portion of our fanbase is taking a victory lap because they're having some coaching turnover, like many teams around the nation right now. I just don't see what all the excitement is about. They probably have a list of top tier candidates that have been waiting on that job to open. Whether we like it or not, those positions on the CU staff are premier in the coaching circles right now.

I am sure Robbie Caldwell isn't far from retiring....and he is as important to them as anyone on their staff.

My OP was not about Clemson. They trashed us this year and own us right now. Rather, it was about their fans. This friend of mine has basically ghosted me since Clemson lost their top assistant. If they make a splash assistant hire, he’ll be blowing up my phone again.

No cry thread is complete without this gif

anigif_enhanced_946_1433453114_7.gif

I hope that if TE leaves for Duke or Virginia, that Dabo's first call is to Joe Brady. He just got fired from the panthers but was the OC that facilitated the LSU team that drubbed us and everyone else in 2019. As much as i hate muschamp, that would be my second call for the DC position. Sucks as a head man but is pretty good with defenses. After that, your guess is as good as mine. If he promotes from within he would go with Streeter as OC (would be a dumb move for the immediate), hopefully he would have the brains to call Willy Korn and bring him on as QB coach and the OC in waiting, when inevitably Streeter fails. Just my $.02 for what its worth, i have no idea what is going to happen though.
There seems to be a lot of animosity between Muschamp and Dabo. Dabo went hurry up when the better call do insure victory was to kill the clock because he knew our defense was gassed in the 4th to run up the score the year we threw for 510 on y'all. They always looked like they'd rather not be shaking hands in the rivalry games, there's rumors that one talked trash about the other's wife, I don't know about that last bit but they don't seem like they'd want to work together.

My OP was not about Clemson. They trashed us this year and own us right now. Rather, it was about their fans. This friend of mine has basically ghosted me since Clemson lost their top assistant. If they make a splash assistant hire, he’ll be blowing up my phone again.
Know the feeling.....

Reactions: cockymom2boys
Clemson will hire quality assistants to replace whomever they lose. And they are willing to pay whatever it takes to bring the best assistants in. As long as they keep that recruiting train rolling, it really doesn't matter who is calling the defense, or the offense. Talent always wins.

Clemson will hire quality assistants to replace whomever they lose. And they are willing to pay whatever it takes to bring the best assistants in. As long as they keep that recruiting train rolling, it really doesn't matter who is calling the defense, or the offense. Talent always wins.
Sadly, this may very well end up being the case.

Folks, as a Clemson fan, I thought I would weigh in on this post. Yes, we hate we are losing Venables, but we are extremely happy we got to keep him for 10 years. Our program befitted tremendously from his leadership and he will be missed. Yet, we are extremely proud that a storied program like OU would go for a Clemson coordinator to replace their head coach. The OU fan base is ecstatic about having him there and most of us will be pulling for his success anytime OU is not playing Clemson. We've been very fortunate not to have to deal with the coaching carousel that so many programs are constantly dealing with. Dabo has a plan; we don't know what it is yet, but our program will continue to have success. On what level remains to be seen, but I am excited about the future and the next quarterback coming in January.

Reactions: cfbfan15
Folks, as a Clemson fan, I thought I would weigh in on this post. Yes, we hate we are losing Venables, but we are extremely happy we got to keep him for 10 years. Our program befitted tremendously from his leadership and he will be missed. Yet, we are extremely proud that a storied program like OU would go for a Clemson coordinator to replace their head coach. The OU fan base is ecstatic about having him there and most of us will be pulling for his success anytime OU is not playing Clemson. We've been very fortunate not to have to deal with the coaching carousel that so many programs are constantly dealing with. Dabo has a plan; we don't know what it is yet, but our program will continue to have success. On what level remains to be seen, but I am excited about the future and the next quarterback coming in January.
I agree with everything you said. I suppose that means Clemson fans ARE happy. Afterall, N=2 is bigger than the N=1 in the first post.

Reactions: cfbfan15
Not happy he's gone, but it was probably inevitable. He's been approached for many HC jobs, but all the pieces fell in to place this time.
Yep. Agree. I wish him well. He is a good guy and a good coach. We will be able to backfill with the best. I am excited about the future.

Reactions: cutiger653
Not happy he's gone, but it was probably inevitable. He's been approached for many HC jobs, but all the pieces fell in to place this time.
I would feel same if we lost a successful coach. You guys got many years from him. It will be interesting how the new DC will be viewed if and when things don't go as planned. Suppose that's the way it goes when success has been had for a fews under Venables.

There seems to be a lot of animosity between Muschamp and Dabo. Dabo went hurry up when the better call do insure victory was to kill the clock because he knew our defense was gassed in the 4th to run up the score the year we threw for 510 on y'all. They always looked like they'd rather not be shaking hands in the rivalry games, there's rumors that one talked trash about the other's wife, I don't know about that last bit but they don't seem like they'd want to work together.
this was the only bit i ever heard of.
Muschamp Swinney

Last edited:
this was the only bit i ever heard of.
Muschamp Swinney
Oh, if that was it, it's not the biggest wrong, but you gotta come back with a better line than that. If someone tries those social dynamic head games, you gotta try for the win if it'll bother you. He could've said "she's very sweet to things she finds non-threatening, you should see how she gets around puppies."

I thought Willy Korn was pretty disillusioned with how he was treated at Clemson. Am I wrong?

Reactions: Lakecock1
Why would they be angry that a coach who has coached there for 10 years and done a great job for them be leaving for a hc position?

Maybe pissed was the wrong word. They almost all do the "wish him well" thing, but also wish he was staying.

So maybe pissed it happened, but not at him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT