ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fans not happy

There seems to be a lot of animosity between Muschamp and Dabo. Dabo went hurry up when the better call do insure victory was to kill the clock because he knew our defense was gassed in the 4th to run up the score the year we threw for 510 on y'all. They always looked like they'd rather not be shaking hands in the rivalry games, there's rumors that one talked trash about the other's wife, I don't know about that last bit but they don't seem like they'd want to work together.
I can agree with that. I don't know if d
I thought Willy Korn was pretty disillusioned with how he was treated at Clemson. Am I wrong?
could be. I haven't heard that but not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Hey. It’s Clemson. And as we all know, the next guy up is better than the guy he is replacing. Ukelele is better than Trevor, right?
That's what Walt said. Said he was going to win the Heisman this year and it wouldn't be close. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, Clemson fans must be quite amused that a portion of our fanbase is taking a victory lap because they're having some coaching turnover, like many teams around the nation right now. I just don't see what all the excitement is about. They probably have a list of top tier candidates that have been waiting on that job to open. Whether we like it or not, those positions on the CU staff are premier in the coaching circles right now.
/\ /\ This /\ /\ We knew BV would leave at some point and I couldn't be happier for him. He's one of my all-time favorite coaches and I can't believe we had him as long as we did. But the DC (and possibly OC) position as it existed when he was hired is not what it is now. Now it's a plum assignment and there will be no shortage of top flight coaches who want that talent level and that salary. I imagine we promote from within (Bates or Reed, maybe Co-DCs) but if CDS thinks he needs to look externally he'll have plenty to choose from.

That's what Walt said. Said he was going to win the Heisman this year and it wouldn't be close. :rolleyes:
Honestly, after watching him play the year before I thought he would be in the running and finish top 5 but he was a complete crap show this season. I think Klubnik could come in and take his spot if he doesnt show some major improvement.

Reactions: chief2791
Honestly, after watching him play the year before I thought he would be in the running and finish top 5 but he was a complete crap show this season. I think Klubnik could come in and take his spot if he doesnt show some major improvement.

To be fair, any quarterback showing any decent level of competence could take that spot.

Agree, he did look good last year.

So (honest question), in your opinion, what caused the regression? Too many new pieces on offense? Etienne moving on?

To me, the kid looks like the total package physically, but just can't put it together mentally.

Agree, he did look good last year.

So (honest question), in your opinion, what caused the regression? Too many new pieces on offense? Etienne moving on?

To me, the kid looks like the total package physically, but just can't put it together mentally.
I think it was a combination of things. New players on offense and O line issues were part of it but I think most of it was mental. A combination of trying to live up to the recent legacy of QBs and MAYBE trying to justify his NIL deals. If you remember he was the first player to get an NIL deal from a national brand when Dr Pepper signed him. I think you see this more going forward. Kids pressing to live up to the hype(and the deal) they signed.

Reactions: chief2791
I think it was a combination of things. New players on offense and O line issues were part of it but I think most of it was mental. A combination of trying to live up to the recent legacy of QBs and MAYBE trying to justify his NIL deals. If you remember he was the first player to get an NIL deal from a national brand when Dr Pepper signed him. I think you see this more going forward. Kids pressing to live up to the hype(and the deal) they signed.
As I have said repeatedly, I follow both teams very closely. My take on DJ is it’s all mental. I have seen him have time to hit receivers and he over thinks it. Then you see him scramble or be pressed and he makes a hell of a play. Having a destroyed knee doesn’t help things either. I predict he will be pushed by Caleb klubnik (forgive spelling). He needs to lose some weight for speed and get his head straight. The Dj we saw last year and this year are 2 different people. I predict he will be the starter next year and win it outright. Now if they have to learn a new system then all bets are off. It could be either starting.

Has Ukele played extremely well in any game outside the ND game of a year ago? Seems he has already peaked out.

As I have said repeatedly, I follow both teams very closely. My take on DJ is it’s all mental. I have seen him have time to hit receivers and he over thinks it. Then you see him scramble or be pressed and he makes a hell of a play. Having a destroyed knee doesn’t help things either. I predict he will be pushed by Caleb klubnik (forgive spelling). He needs to lose some weight for speed and get his head straight. The Dj we saw last year and this year are 2 different people. I predict he will be the starter next year and win it outright. Now if they have to learn a new system then all bets are off. It could be either starting.
I think mental, and the boy has packed on the pounds (not all muscle). His mobility is next to non existent at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT