ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson game is cancelled

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
is what the headlines should say, given the fact that no one, the media, Tater Nation, even our fans give us a chance. Maybe I better watch Turkey Thugs or PGA golf tomorrow night. I sure hope our players and coaches don't feel like our fans. As long as they believe in themselves, then no matter how much hype Clemson and Deshaun get, I see us with a great chance of winning. Like Ben Crenshaw said about his underdog team at the Ryder Cup a few years ago, "I just have a feeling and that's all I will say".

You see us with a great chance to win? I consider myself to be a very optimistic fan but I think our chance of winning at their place is minimal at best, & that's IF we force a few turnovers & get a defensive/special teams touchdown somehow.

Don't get me wrong we have a chance, just not a great one. But I'm sure Champ will have the players believing they can win & that's all that matters.

Reactions: tob T
is what the headlines should say, given the fact that no one, the media, Tater Nation, even our fans give us a chance. Maybe I better watch Turkey Thugs or PGA golf tomorrow night. I sure hope our players and coaches don't feel like our fans. As long as they believe in themselves, then no matter how much hype Clemson and Deshaun get, I see us with a great chance of winning. Like Ben Crenshaw said about his underdog team at the Ryder Cup a few years ago, "I just have a feeling and that's all I will say".

I don't think anyone on this board will ever question your unflinching loyalty to our beloved Gamecocks, but sometimes your blind lust for victory laced with inane conjecture is a little hard to digest at times.

You can be an objective fan and still be loyal all at the same time, bud. I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving and I sure as hell hope we get to celebrate a victory tomorrow night!

We didn't beat UK on the road.

As a Clemson fan I believe our talent is better but still scared every time we play y'all. Rivalry game, never know what will happen.

Reactions: RaginRooster
We have a chance if Roper gets a wild hair up his ass and isn't predictable, our offensive line plays physical and our defense tackles. Special teams will also be a factor in this game as well as turnovers.
100% agree. Roper has to open the damn playbook up.

100% agree. Roper has to open the damn playbook up.
He needs to take advantage of the obvious matchups Clemson gives every team they play. We are fortunate that we can take advantage of those given matchups if Roper has a creative bone in his body. I'll give him a hint, short throws to the tight end and get him on Boulware. It's there all day and Clemson won't adjust because they can't.

He needs to take advantage of the obvious matchups Clemson gives every team they play. We are fortunate that we can take advantage of those given matchups if Roper has a creative bone in his body. I'll give him a hint, short throws to the tight end and get him on Boulware. It's there all day and Clemson won't adjust because they can't.
Clemson's linebackers run blitz every play it seems!! Over the middle is sooooo open. If we can figure that out and Roper cannot, he needs to go!

Kind of reminds me of when I played High school sports. The cheerleaders would say you can do it, you can do it. After a while it was painfully obvious I couldn't do it.

Reactions: gamecockblack
What I don't get is that Clemson is not that good. They should be favored but before the line came out I figured it'd be 11, maybe 12 points. We're just as good as Pitt, NC State, better than Troy - all 3 had Clemson on the ropes in Death Valley. Why not us? I believe you'll find that Bentley learned a lot in the Swamp and he'll be ready in spite of the deficiencies with our O-line.

What I don't get is that Clemson is not that good. They should be favored but before the line came out I figured it'd be 11, maybe 12 points. We're just as good as Pitt, NC State, better than Troy - all 3 had Clemson on the ropes in Death Valley. Why not us? I believe you'll find that Bentley learned a lot in the Swamp and he'll be ready in spite of the deficiencies with our O-line.
I think Clemson is getting the benefit of the doubt because of last year. They were legit last year and are living off that.

You can shoot out all the Dabo talking points you want, your team last year was legit. Your team this year is a fraud. Too many teams have proven that.
I agree as a Clemson fan. Not as good as last year. Personally I'm glad deshaun is leaving. Too many mistakes and crucial times.

I agree as a Clemson fan. Not as good as last year. Personally I'm glad deshaun is leaving. Too many mistakes and crucial times.
Watson was a legit Heisman contender last year, this year I'm not seeing it at all.

Clemson's linebackers run blitz every play it seems!! Over the middle is sooooo open. If we can figure that out and Roper cannot, he needs to go!
Just saying, 11 other teams have played Clemson with the ability to figure it out or not. Clemson beat 10 of them. I don't think our offense is in the same league as Pitt's.

Just saying, 11 other teams have played Clemson with the ability to figure it out or not. Clemson beat 10 of them. I don't think our offense is in the same league as Pitt's.
Maybe not, but we should learn from what Pitt did against clemson. If we don't learn, we're ignorant.

The whole " throw the records out the window" doesn't apply to USC/clemson. The team that has the better season 95% of the time wins. The exception would be 80, 86 tie, and 2009 and that about it.

You can shoot out all the Dabo talking points you want

No it's pretty much a fact that Clemson has play a pretty tough schedule this year.
Winning at current #9 Auburn counts. Beating current #11 Louisville counts. Beating FSU on the road, also counts. Beating Temple (who will probably finish the year with the Tigers as their only loss) counts. But that doesn't matter if we smack them a good one tomorrow.

It is us the Gamecocks with the joke of a schedule this year. And also the joke of a run D. Keep the ball out of their hands and force those red zone TOs we've been pretty good at doing all year and I think it will be a lot like last year honestly. Closer than everyone thinks, but no cigar. Five in a row is still very fresh in their minds, and I'm not so sure that is a good thing for a guy who has only lost what like four games in his career like Deshaun Watson.

Reactions: tob T
No it's pretty much a fact that Clemson has play a pretty tough schedule this year.
Winning at current #9 Auburn counts. Beating current #11 Louisville counts. Beating FSU on the road, also counts. Beating Temple (who will probably finish the year with the Tigers as their only loss) counts. But that doesn't matter if we smack them a good one tomorrow.

It is us the Gamecocks with the joke of a schedule this year. And also the joke of a run D. Keep the ball out of their hands and force those red zone TOs we've been pretty good at doing all year and I think it will be a lot like last year honestly. Closer than everyone thinks, but no cigar. Five in a row is still very fresh in their minds, and I'm not so sure that is a good thing for a guy who has only lost what like four games in his career like Deshaun Watson.
Temple???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT