ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Is In For A Huge Fall From the Mountain..............

BedouinCock

Jan 4, 2008
The old saying is "The higher they fly, the harder they fall". Gamecock fans, nothing last forever. My hunch is that the erosion of their foundation will start as the investigation into the players who tested positive for drugs proceeds. The public relations of Moo U is acting like this was a random and unexplainable event. I do not believe that "THREE" positive drug tests at the same time are an accident. The use of drugs may be one of the reasons their players have played so well. If the truth is allowed to surface, this could be the crack in their program that brings them down. Just saying.

Does this type of thing (steroid use) at these types of schools really get dug in to. Obviously there is some use of steroids at Clemson, but does the NCAA really want to investigate this? Who out there is going to push this that has the ability to really do something about it?

Reactions: mpmcmillan1
Does this type of thing (steroid use) at these types of schools really get dug in to. Obviously there is some use of steroids at Clemson, but does the NCAA really want to investigate this? Who out there is going to push this that has the ability to really do something about it?

Well he goes by the name Nick Saban and I’m sure he would be backed up by every coach in the acc and I’m sure Spurrier would have a strong opinion as well.

The old saying is "The higher they fly, the harder they fall". Gamecock fans, nothing last forever. My hunch is that the erosion of their foundation will start as the investigation into the players who tested positive for drugs proceeds. The public relations of Moo U is acting like this was a random and unexplainable event. I do not believe that "THREE" positive drug tests at the same time are an accident. The use of drugs may be one of the reasons their players have played so well. If the truth is allowed to surface, this could be the crack in their program that brings them down. Just saying.
Todd Ellis. Is that you

I'm glad you have found some sort of rationale that makes you feel better.

Bama and Clemson players are on something. I played ball with guys that did it and it’s obvious. Clemson’s D looks like NFL players. Not just one, two or four, their backups too. And Clemson’s boys were bigger than Bama’s. Those 2 schools strength and conditioning coaches aren’t THAT much better than everyone else’s. I sometimes think we have our guys running marathons or something for conditioning drills cause we’re puny compared to them. Wasn’t like that 5 years ago.

Clemson won and will likely be back to the BCS for, at least, the next two years. Only their trolls are over here posting right now. If you want them to go away, never acknowledge a single post of theirs now nor in the future. Even the dumb ones that never attended their U will eventually figure it out and move on. They won and did so decisively. However, no matter how bad our teams, they will never "flip" our fanbase into Clemson fans. Not now, not ever, forever. Peace Out Gamecocks.

Please. You forgot to also list that Clemson and Alabama are paying players as an excuse also. Better start another thread. There is very little difference in S&C from one school to another. But when you are working with 5 star athletes that were born bigger, stronger, and faster, it sure works out better. Not all players are created equal. But what you see with those teams is a direct reflection of top 5 recruiting year after year

Last edited:
I'm glad you have found some sort of rationale that makes you feel better.

I am doing really well tonight and will be the next day and the next day and the next day.......
Just asking how Clemson justifies "three bad drug tests" to backups and a significant starter?? There is a rat in the wood pile.

Reactions: NetworkX
I would agree with you if no one tested positive, but let’s just ignore that!!! Nothing here, move along....They’re just BORN bigger, stronger, faster. I’ve seen it first hand. It WILL take great athletes and make them even bigger, stronger, faster than they normally would be.

Reactions: NetworkX
Please. You forgot to also list that Clemson and Alabama are paying players as an excuse also. Better start another thread. There is very little difference in S&C from one school to another. But when you are working with 5 star athletes that were born bigger, stronger, and faster, it sure works out better. Not all players are created equal. But what you see with those teams Ami's a reflection of top 5 recruiting year after year

I appreciate your response and good points. I do agree that the talent level is obvious on the field. But.......the drug test were positive for a random testing. Would be interesting to know how many they tested and what percentage were positive. More needs to be known about this and certainly would had it been at USC. The State paper would not allow the silence.

Reactions: Carolina86
Oh really? And you know this how? Dumbest post of the year. Congrats! Lol

n0TRun.gif

Reactions: msow1981
Sadly Clemson is winning because of 2 things. Talent and Brent Venables. They've a guy in him that should be a HC at a top 6-7 program in the Country but has a rare non competitive trait in which he doesn't remotely want to be a HC regardless of who comes calling. They have OC's that have no desire to move up to HC positions either. I used to somewhat eyeroll Dabos faith because I thought he was using it to pitch the football program but I'm starting to believe God has blessed him and it isn't some insincere pitch he uses.

Sadly Clemson is winning because of 2 things. Talent and Brent Venables. They've a guy in him that should be a HC at a top 6-7 program in the Country but has a rare non competitive trait in which he doesn't remotely want to be a HC regardless of who comes calling. They have OC's that have no desire to move up to HC positions either. I used to somewhat eyeroll Dabos faith because I thought he was using it to pitch the football program but I'm starting to believe God has blessed him and it isn't some insincere pitch he uses.

"but has a rare non competitive trait" ??
Enlighten me......please.

Reactions: humble servant
Bama and Clemson players are on something. I played ball with guys that did it and it’s obvious. Clemson’s D looks like NFL players. Not just one, two or four, their backups too. And Clemson’s boys were bigger than Bama’s. Those 2 schools strength and conditioning coaches aren’t THAT much better than everyone else’s. I sometimes think we have our guys running marathons or something for conditioning drills cause we’re puny compared to them. Wasn’t like that 5 years ago.
Wait everyone on here was calling Clemson's dline fat and sloppy after the game with USC?????

Please. You forgot to also list that Clemson and Alabama are paying players as an excuse also. Better start another thread. There is very little difference in S&C from one school to another. But when you are working with 5 star athletes that were born bigger, stronger, and faster, it sure works out better. Not all players are created equal. But what you see with those teams is a direct reflection of top 5 recruiting year after year
A rare non-idiotic post. Thank you.

Nothing lasts forever, but i don’t think they are cycling out any time soon. I suspect there is at least another 5 years at this pace. The number one recruit in the nation next cycle is a QB out of Cali, and he is high on them.

there is no such old saying about flying

it's "the bigger they are, the harder they fall"

go cocks!

Anyway, back to the OP....... the NCAA is worthless. Where there's smoke, there's often fire, but they won't give it a second look (clem or Bama). Instead Southwest North Dakota St Tech will get investigated for giving a player an anti-acid tablet when not on the playing field.

Nothing would make me happier than to see them brought to their knees... but I don't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately. No way the NCAA goes after their cash cows, (pun intended).

there is no signs of any other elite ACC team forming, sadly FSU is a dumpster fire.

Clemson has no issues Unless someone gets phone records and really investigates like that Miss St reporter did to Ole Miss finding Freeze's calls to unsavory businesses and digs sometimes thing up.

Whatever is happening at Clemson isn't worse than what was happening at Miami. The NCAA isn't in the business of hurting their business... not any more. David Hood tweeted yesterday that there were warnings to the Clemson press core to stop cheering in the press box... he thought it was funny and even seemed a little proud of how unprofessional and "fan boy" they all are. I wonder OP, if this stuff is rampant in Clemson, who is going to report on it? BTW, WSPA in Spartanburg has changed their NEWS LOGO to an orange 7 that reads "All In". I hate Clemson too, but if y'all are waiting for them to pay for their crimes... good luck.

Just my opinion. The only way Clemson gets looked at by the NCAA, is if they continue to win multiple championships. Right now they are the darlings of the NCAA, they took down, and have replaced Alabama at the throne. How many years does Sabah continue? Until then, the NCAA, ESPN, and all the money that pours into college football, NEEDS Clemson, to be a serious competitor, to drive interest. If Alabama slips near the end of Sabans tenure, or after, and Clemson goes on a monotonous run, with NO challenger, you will see slight nudges from media and NCAA into their program. I think it could be a similar situation to Miami of the 80's and 90's. The downside is, we will have to endure a lot of accomplishments before that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT