ADVERTISEMENT

Refs - LSU game

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Whether you agree or not, the general consensus by many is that we got hosed by the refs on the offensive PI and qb hit penalty on the int return. Either way we had too many penalties and that's on the staff.

I did have an observation. I actually watched the 4th quarter with the skycam view on ESPN3. After the LSU fumble recovery close to the goal line at the end of the game, the LSU defender stood in our south end zone at the hedges with the ball right in front of fans in wheel chairs just taunting the crowd for 10 seconds. Maybe a lot of players do this type of thing but a flag seem warranted. Not saying it would have changed the outcome but the refs never missed an opportunity to call a penalty on us.

The refs are always called into question during a game like that. Beamer said he was ok with the calls when asked at the press conference. Either way, there's really nothing that can be done at this point.

Reactions: PC31
The refs are always called into question during a game like that. Beamer said he was ok with the calls when asked at the press conference. Either way, there's really nothing that can be done at this point.
Right. I've accepted the loss. Of course I realize nothing is going to change the results. Just thought I'd mention the taunting I saw. It was pretty funny because a little kid walked up to the rail in front of the LSU player and gave him the finger.

Last edited:
Whether you agree or not, the general consensus by many is that we got hosed by the refs on the offensive PI and qb hit penalty on the int return. Either way we had too many penalties and that's on the staff.

I did have an observation. I actually watched the 4th quarter with the skycam view on ESPN3. After the LSU fumble recovery close to the goal line at the end of the game, the LSU defender stood in our south end zone at the hedges with the ball right in front of fans in wheel chairs just taunting the crowd for 10 seconds. Maybe a lot of players do this type of thing but a flag seem warranted. Not saying it would have changed the outcome but the refs never missed an opportunity to call a penalty on us.

Only thing we can do is hope our coaches flag down an official and point that out immediately when it occurs.

That would be an unsportsmanlike penalty.

From what I've seen and read, the officials seemed way off. I can understand someone saying they weren't fair.

We got the sht end of the stick with the refs the entire game. Literally nobody not wearing Garnet cares. Just makes us look small to keep bringing it up, but I agree we did get screwed. Again.
It sucks. It's the price of cashing those big SEC checks.

LMAO....you believed that? He was singing a different tune on the teleconference today!

I am just glad that both Beamer and Tanner have filed complaints with the SEC.

Grabbing the jersey is not Horse Collar. He did not grab his shoulder pad. That is what makes it a horse-collar; when you grad the shoulder pad. That did not happen. We should of had that TD.

As soon as Emmanwori had the ball and was running down the sideline, that QB became a defender. When he started running towards Emmanwori, Kennard had every right to block him. It was not an illegal block. Kennard was standing still right in front of him. We should of had that TD.

When a DB runs into a receiver, that is usually called Pass Interference on the defender. When that DB thought Sellers was running the ball, he turned and ran into the receiver. How on earth they were able to call that offensive pass interference is ridiculous. We should of had the long pass reception.

So obvious the referees were trying to give LSU this game. Give us back those 2 TD's and we win that game.

When their receiver fumbled that ball, he had not crossed the goal line yet. But they did not review that. They just gave him the TD.
When they punted the ball to us and that guy tackled our guy right in the middle of the field, that did not get called.
When they should have been called for roughing the passer, that did not happen.
And yes, taunting is a 15-yard penalty. Give us that call and even if we do not score, Herrara has a much easier FG.
So, so, many more I could list.

Sadly, complaining to the SEC is not going to change the outcome of the game. Sadly, they cannot review penalty calls during a game.

Worst officiated game I have ever watched.

Grabbing the jersey is not Horse Collar. He did not grab his shoulder pad. That is what makes it a horse-collar; when you grad the shoulder pad. That did not happen. We should of had that TD.

All other instances aside, you are incorrect about the horse collar tackle. It is a recent change, but the jersey counts.

As soon as Emmanwori had the ball and was running down the sideline, that QB became a defender. When he started running towards Emmanwori, Kennard had every right to block him. It was not an illegal block. Kennard was standing still right in front of him. We should of had that TD.

When a DB runs into a receiver, that is usually called Pass Interference on the defender. When that DB thought Sellers was running the ball, he turned and ran into the receiver. How on earth they were able to call that offensive pass interference is ridiculous. We should of had the long pass reception.

So obvious the referees were trying to give LSU this game. Give us back those 2 TD's and we win that game.

When their receiver fumbled that ball, he had not crossed the goal line yet. But they did not review that. They just gave him the TD.
When they punted the ball to us and that guy tackled our guy right in the middle of the field, that did not get called.
When they should have been called for roughing the passer, that did not happen.
And yes, taunting is a 15-yard penalty. Give us that call and even if we do not score, Herrara has a much easier FG.
So, so, many more I could list.

Sadly, complaining to the SEC is not going to change the outcome of the game. Sadly, they cannot review penalty calls during a game.

Worst officiated game I have ever watched.
Actually it used to be a horse collar tackle only if you reached inside the shoulder pads. It is now a penalty to tackle by the collar of the jersey also, so I can accept that one. The one on blocking the quarterback was total BS. Once the ball was intercepted he becomes just another player. You are not allowed to blind-side block him, but this was not a blind side block, it was a shove to the chest. (not a penalty) The QB also obviously did an acting job.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOEFANATIC

I hate he still has to be so political, but we have 7 more games with SEC referees. At least he did tell them he did not agree with some. I sure do hope the officials had to answer for some of it, but we will never know. Surprised Beamer was allowed to say what he said here.

I like Coach Beamers explanation. Like he said about the first two games, I just think what's the point? He's right though about being educated on the unusual calls for how to coach our team in the future. That was a good point. I will add that like I said before our fans still bringing it up just makes us look small and frankly whiny. Nobody but us cares and it gives hostile media a chance to take shots at us.

I hate he still has to be so political, but we have 7 more games with SEC referees. At least he did tell them he did not agree with some. I sure do hope the officials had to answer for some of it, but we will never know. Surprised Beamer was allowed to say what he said here.
The offensive PI should not have been called and the SEC head of officiating knows it. Had no impact on the completion by another receiver. That could have been the difference because we could have run a few more minutes off the clock and possibly scored. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT