ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson pay to play

"According to prosecutors, the wiretaps referenced an attempt by Clemson boosters to pay former Duke University superstar Zion Williamson – a native of Spartanburg, S.C. – in the hopes he would play his college ball in Tigertown. Williamson ultimately chose the Blue Devils, playing one season in Durham, N.C. before declaring himself eligible for the 2019 National Basketball Association (NBA) draft – in which he was chosen first overall by the New Orleans Pelicans.

During the wiretapped discussion about paying Williamson, Smith referenced similar “pay-to-play” arrangements involving Clemson’s top-ranked football program – which has appeared in the College Football Playoff (CFP) four years in a row and captured national titles in 2016 and 2018.

That’s why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight,” Smith said. “It’s a small college town … you can come to a game one night, after the game you see a dude out there in a nice looking suit, you like, ‘wait a minute now.’"

That's pretty telling. Of course, just like the whole failed performance enhancing drug tests, the university claims an internal investigation and promptly sweeps everything under the rug. No doubt something smells up thar in those hills, and it's not cow manure. It will only be a matter of time before it all comes out...

Last edited:
Can we get a more credible website than "Fitsnews.com"? I'll get worked up when a reputable website mentions it.
Actually, the wiretap and the basketball assistant mentioning the football team are known facts. But beyond that, there's nothing new here. But you're right about Fits News. Basically, they're an online tabloid.

Don't forget the Newpring smoke that was quickly extinguished...

An estimated 33,000 attend Newspring services each Sunday – with another 7,000 watching online. According to the church’s promotional material, it was the third-fastest growing congregation in America in 2015.

Last week, Leonardo Blair of Christian Post reported that Noble had been fired due to a combination of factors including “a terrible marriage, alcoholism and maybe more.”

We’ve heard similar reports – as well as other allegations involving the colorful religious leader. Additionally, we are investigating reports of improper conduct involving Noble and the Clemson University football program.

hearsay back then was ole miss offering up the $$ for Gary. all I know is Gary looked absolutely miserable when he announced.
basically all this tells me is Michigan is guilty of paying Gary 300,001+ dollars. LOL
you could always read that as Ohio State offered....more! Just because they say it wasn't Ohio State doesn't mean they are clean.

The school was Auburn. This was already discussed when Gary was going through his recruitment. When Auburn offered the $300k Gary removed them from his list because he didn’t want to play for a dirty program. Got to respect the kid for that decision.

Strange.. when I google "Rashan Gary Auburn" absolutely nothing comes up about money being offered. But when I google "Rashan Gary Clemson" a whole bunch of articles pop up implying that it was Clemson that offered the money. Also, a Clemson coach caught on a wire tap implying that the football team keeps it tight. Also, search results include articles about a racist voicemail received by Gary a day before his official visit to Clemson.
Then, just for fun, I googled "Xavier Thomas new car" and found some fascinating articles. So I googled "Xavier Thomas 2 new cars". Fascinating results. It seems he purchased the first car the day after he verbally committed to Clemson. Guess when he purchased the second? The day after he signed at Clemson. Coincidence?
Then, for even more fun I googled "Xavier Thomas dad car wash". It looks like I'll be tied up for the rest of the night, as there are pages of results found. Very interesting stuff.

In Florence, the car wash deal is very well known.

Strange.. when I google "Rashan Gary Auburn" absolutely nothing comes up about money being offered. But when I google "Rashan Gary Clemson" a whole bunch of articles pop up implying that it was Clemson that offered the money. Also, a Clemson coach caught on a wire tap implying that the football team keeps it tight. Also, search results include articles about a racist voicemail received by Gary a day before his official visit to Clemson.
Then, just for fun, I googled "Xavier Thomas new car" and found some fascinating articles. So I googled "Xavier Thomas 2 new cars". Fascinating results. It seems he purchased the first car the day after he verbally committed to Clemson. Guess when he purchased the second? The day after he signed at Clemson. Coincidence?
Then, for even more fun I googled "Xavier Thomas dad car wash". It looks like I'll be tied up for the rest of the night, as there are pages of results found. Very interesting stuff.
deal

I doubt Clemson offered anything. Boosters may have offered the moon, but I doubt any university would expose itself like that.
Pretty much typical of all P5 schools.

Wether they did or didn’t. It’s for sure they don’t have to do it now. A1 exposure on ESPN and they have developed talent for all recruits to see. It really could not have went any better for that place than the last 5 years.
If they have been doing it they would be absolutely stupid to continue.

I doubt Clemson offered anything. Boosters may have offered the moon, but I doubt any university would expose itself like that.
Pretty much typical of all P5 schools.

I understand a Kentucky fan saying this, especially if you follow your basketball program. Put your head back in the sand. It's probably best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT