ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson will murder us, but at least we

This might be the best DL we've faced this year, but overall the defense is not as good as Georgia. We will have trouble running the ball, but we've had trouble running the ball against everybody. Our receivers are better than their cover guys.

When the pessimism becomes this universal, good things usually happen for the underdogs. Everything you say about Clemson, every Clemson fan on the planet believes and 95% of our fans believe it. Clemson has probably requisitioned thousands of commemorative footballs already. What did you think of our chances in 2010 when Alabama came to Columbia?

Clemson is better than Georgia in basically every defensive category. Even their secondary statistics are pretty good. Their safeties and corners were really young and green at the start of the season (see Texas A&M game), but are much better now. A couple of them will play on Sundays, like Terrell and Mullen.

It's going to take a perfect game and some good bounces to beat them in their place. Even then, we probably need them to play their B game to win.

Reactions: bayrooster
I'm not sure our A+ game beats their C game. And based on the last couple of years, we'll get their A+ game and we'll play our C game.

We play our best and they play theirs and it's probably something like 42-21.

I wouldnt be so sure, Carolina will be the one of the toughest teams the taters will play, up to this point it has been A&M... Look at what ND did to Syracuse the second best team in the Asheshe... It all depends on injuries, if SC can get some players back, they can give the MIGHTY (y´all act like they are the NE Patriots) a game... I say F**K the Taters, Beat the hell out of them, they have had what, 10 Bye weeks leading up tho this game..
If you start getting into bar fights don't keep getting off the floor-- :oops:;) lol

Reactions: Jpcooper
When you guys won 5 in row we dealt with the thumb and listened to you crow nonstop! Now that Carolina football is back to its normal state, you guys can’t handle it! You are back at the bottom...get over it!

Wow...it did not take long for the newest Clemson trolls to start joining Gamecock Central. You feel better about yourself now? I would say yes because people like you need the success of others to feel good about your own, otherwise, miserable lives.

PS There are many Clemson posters this does not apply to. You keep things civil and you have posted for many years. You know who you are so disregard this post as it is not a blanket condemnation of Clemson fans. I have known or met many over the years and most are pleasant to be around.

Texas_SC Tiger replied to the thread ACC Coastal Champ.
It kills the coots that Clemson is......wait for it.... . . . Just better!!

10 minutes ago
11 minutes ago
You act like the Coots are world beaters because you are in the SeC! 100+ yrs with one conference championship = mediocrity...at best!...

24 minutes ago
26 minutes ago
Texas_SC Tiger replied to the thread Clemson will murder us, but at least we.
When you guys won 5 in row we dealt with the thumb and listened to you crow nonstop! Now that Carolina football is back to its normal...

Typical troll...six messages in about ten minutes time. I rest my case about "Trolls" vs "Clemson Posters".

This might be the best DL we've faced this year, but overall the defense is not as good as Georgia. We will have trouble running the ball, but we've had trouble running the ball against everybody. Our receivers are better than their cover guys.

When the pessimism becomes this universal, good things usually happen for the underdogs. Everything you say about Clemson, every Clemson fan on the planet believes and 95% of our fans believe it. Clemson has probably requisitioned thousands of commemorative footballs already. What did you think of our chances in 2010 when Alabama came to Columbia?
I thought they were feasible if not likely. I trust you see the difference between the team that beat Bama and the depleted, already mediocre bunch we are sending up to UPC this weekend.

I thought they were feasible if not likely. I trust you see the difference between the team that beat Bama and the depleted, already mediocre bunch we are sending up to UPC this weekend.

I trust you see the difference between the Alabama team we beat that year and this years Clemson team. There is no comparison. That team had Julio Jones, Ingram and Richardson at running backs, almost every
offensive and defensive player was drafted in the NFL. If you're trying to tell me you saw that upset coming, I'll have to see the proof.

I say we have a shot if we play a good game. The only game that we have a common opponent in is Texas A&M. We lost by 3 in a game that we threw an interception on the 3 yard line.

I trust you see the difference between the Alabama team we beat that year and this years Clemson team. There is no comparison. That team had Julio Jones, Ingram and Richardson at running backs, almost every
offensive and defensive player was drafted in the NFL. If you're trying to tell me you saw that upset coming, I'll have to see the proof.

I say we have a shot if we play a good game. The only game that we have a common opponent in is Texas A&M. We lost by 3 in a game that we threw an interception on the 3 yard line.
The vast majority of this years starters wouldnt even make the 2 deep on our 2010 team. Plus, you have SOS vs Muskrat. No damn comparison there.

Clemson is better than Georgia in basically every defensive category. Even their secondary statistics are pretty good. Their safeties and corners were really young and green at the start of the season (see Texas A&M game), but are much better now. A couple of them will play on Sundays, like Terrell and Mullen.

It's going to take a perfect game and some good bounces to beat them in their place. Even then, we probably need them to play their B game to win.
Yup.

I trust you see that UPC is closer to being the Bama team we beat in 2010 than we presently are to being the Carolina team that beat that Bama team. In our case, it isn't even close.

Clemson has historically had kids return a lot more often than us. We have had lots of players leave that had no chance of going in early rounds. Regardless of record if deshaun Watson was at Carolina he would have left his jr year We need to figure out what makes em stay. Money

IPTAY and New Spring pay better

I trust you see that UPC is closer to being the Bama team we beat in 2010 than we presently are to being the Carolina team that beat that Bama team. In our case, it isn't even close.

How could you possibly know? What game on their schedule stands out as a game where they beat a really good team? I was on here when we beat Alabama, you sure weren't predicting it. K-Mac read on the air the post I put on Sports Talk at the time because I said we had a "puncher's chance". He said I was delusional.

All it would take is for Trevor Lawrence to take a couple of direct hits and he's out. This season has been disappointing, but in spite of poor play, some inexplicable coaching decisions we've had a chance to win every game.

Clemson has historically had kids return a lot more often than us. We have had lots of players leave that had no chance of going in early rounds. Regardless of record if deshaun Watson was at Carolina he would have left his jr year We need to figure out what makes em stay. Money
Deshaun left Clemson early. He had achieved all his goals except the Heisman; he graduated, won a Natty and never lost to SC.

Reactions: ClemsonEsso06
Players leave early at every other SEC school (except maybe Alabama) too.

Why stick around when your chances of getting to the CFB playoff are so slim? Clemson has kept players for that reason only. If they have any kind of drop off you'll see some start bolting early.
nope, they were staying for the bonus check when bowden was there also.

This is the best Clemson defense I have ever seen in the 30+ years of watching Clemson football. Clemson offense was off on Saturday; seems to be some internal things going on with the offense- all the RPOs are turning into passing plays and Clemson's best player only got 9 carries last game. If SCAR can take the first punch and wins the TO margin by 2 or 3 and makes a ST play happen, this could be a 4Q game.

Clemson's defense has not given up a TD in the first half in 7 straight games. Average giving up <4 points in the 1H. And Bentley has to play much better than he has the last 2 vs the tigers. Safe travels for all that are coming up.

Reactions: cutiger653

ROFLMAO... Okay against Wake, Duke BC etc??

Emotions aside, if we play the #2 team in the country close, we need to celebrate.

Personally, I don't think it will even be close.

Our defense is decimated with players learning new positions to fill in the gaps.

The only way we beat the spread is if Dabo is betting.

Sorry, not this year.

Appalachian State beat Michigan. LA-Monroe beat LSU. A 16 seed beat VA in the NCAA tourney last March. Ali beat Sonny The Bear Liston. Strange things can happen. You never know.

Appalachian State beat Michigan. LA-Monroe beat LSU. A 16 seed beat VA in the NCAA tourney last March. Ali beat Sonny The Bear Liston. Strange things can happen. You never know.
you forgot that TRUMP beat Hillary and the "Experts" said he ahd NO CHANCE...

giphy.gif

there will be about a 3 TD score difference unless the the cocks cant stop the 4th deep RB Dixon. If he's unstoppable, forget holding the spread. Public embarrassment and humiliation are big motivators-Dabo knows it, he's been there. and he doesnt want to give WM more motivation

Spook SPOOK
King Ward ain't Finebaum, but no Paul Finebaum couldn't say enough bad things about how dirty Columbia was and what a horrible place South Carolina was and he didn't predict an upset. For the record he said "Alabama 17 SC 13".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT