ADVERTISEMENT

Clowney called Sandidge

Gradstudent

Feb 11, 2006
Clemson NFL players tweet recruits all the time

The back story is supposedly Deke Adams of UNC has been telling Sandidge he was Clowney's primary position coach during his college career and Clowney cleared the air on that, that it was not the case.

Good to see Marcus's connection with his former teammates immediately paying dividends as we all knew he would.

I cut and paste so no need to link as my mentor Rod taught me

BY JOSH KENDALL

Updated January 29, 2018 12:43 PM

CONCORD, N.C.
Rick Sandidge has been going through the recruiting process for so long now that it mostly all feels the same, but something happened Friday that stood out to the four-star defensive lineman from North Carolina.

That was a call from Jadeveon Clowney, the former South Carolina superstar who now plays for the Houston Texans. The phone call came to Marcus Lattimore’s telephone on Friday, the first day of Sandidge’s official visit to USC.

“We really didn’t talk that much,” Sandidge told The State. “I just had a hard time believing it was actually him on the phone.”

Although Sandidge called the conversation the coolest thing that has happened during his recruiting process, he didn’t ask any advice from Clowney. In fact, he was so surprised to get the call that it only lasted “about a minute,” Sandidge said.

“I was just trying to figure out, ‘Is this really you on the phone?’” Sandidge said. “It was good to talk to an actual NFL player.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Phone call from JD....aka D (I can never type his nickname, I just can’t).

However, the phone call should just about seal the deal on this guy!

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
"I was Clowney's primary position coach"

How would that line even help you as a recruiter? "Yep, he showed up 6'6 250 running a 4.5 and I basically just said 'play football' and got out of his way"

"I was Clowney's primary position coach"

How would that line even help you as a recruiter? "Yep, he showed up 6'6 250 running a 4.5 and I basically just said 'play football' and got out of his way"

Which idiot coach had Clowney in pass coverage on 3rd and 15? Thats about the only way to srew up the best natural pass rusher of his generation, that or put on the bench.

Reactions: vehemon
Which idiot coach had Clowney in pass coverage on 3rd and 15? Thats about the only way to srew up the best natural pass rusher of his generation, that or put on the bench.

lorenzo-nohappy.jpg

My point is saying I was Clowney's position coach is about like saying I was Marilyn Monroe's beauty coach....great results, but what did you really do again?

Reactions: usc1wme
Sandidge was always coming to SC..If God came down and said his favorite team was North Carolina, Sandidge would still chose SC

Reactions: Wise Cock
When we started pulling coaches from North Carolina I knew it was the end. NC does recruit well but for the stars they get traditionally under perform. Some coaches are good a blowing egos up and Deke was one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT