ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Beamer is our coach!

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
The man hasn't even practiced the team, recruited one player or coached the Cocks in a game. Amazingly though, some of you numb-nuts are ready to lynch him just because your personal favorite coach (Napier or Chadwell) didn't get the job. I had no idea we had so many wanna be ADs, University Presidents and Board of Trustee members on these boards. I prefer to believe what most all of these excellent coaches and former players are saying about our new coach, because they've been around him in the heat of battle..

The man hasn't even practiced the team, recruited one player or coached the Cocks in a game. Amazingly though, some of you numb-nuts are ready to lynch him just because your personal favorite coach (Napier or Chadwell) didn't get the job. I had no idea we had so many wanna be ADs, University Presidents and Board of Trustee members on these boards. I prefer to believe what most all of these excellent coaches and former players are saying about our new coach, because they've been around him in the heat of battle..
Glad you have so much confidence in Tanner and the BOT, considering their last hiring decision, not to mention that insane buyout. I don’t share your enthusiasm for the knowledge and wisdom displayed by either Ray or the BOT in the search that brought us five years of Muschamp. Unmitigated disaster (completely predictable) is the kindest description I can come up with. It seems to me that given where our program is (I’ve seen high school teams and NAIA teams play better defense than we showed against Kentucky Saturday night; we have players that can’t even execute basic fundamentals they should have learned in high school. We look like a team that just stepped up from FCS to FBS. We’ve got supposed 4* and 5* talent that seems to have regressed since high school), it would have made common sense to hire a coach who had at least proved (by doing it) that he could build/rebuild a program from the ground up. Truth is, we have zero idea of whether Shane can do that, because he’s never done that before. We don’t know if he can bring in a competent staff; he’s never done that before either. By the way, being on the BOT (especially ours) or being an AD or the university president for that matter, does not mean that one has any magical knowledge about hiring a coach; if anything, the past track record here says otherwise. We hired Muschamp when no other school wanted him as a head coach, and now it looks to a lot of people that the same AD and BOT hired another coach no other school wanted as a head coach. And here you are chiding others for being skeptical? Good Lord man, what would you expect? You trust the same people who hired Muschamp to do essentially the same thing, and have it turn out differently? I don’t, and I don’t mind saying I don’t. I really hope I’m wrong, but the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result, and that is exactly what this feels like until proven otherwise. P.S. ALL his former players love Muschamp too, and it’s rare any coach will say anything bad about a fellow coach (at least publicly); how did that work out with Muschamp?

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Glad you have so much confidence in Tanner and the BOT, considering their last hiring decision, not to mention that insane buyout. I don’t share your enthusiasm for the knowledge and wisdom displayed by either Ray or the BOT in the search that brought us five years of Muschamp. Unmitigated disaster (completely predictable) is the kindest description I can come up with. It seems to me that given where our program is (I’ve seen high school teams and NAIA teams play better defense than we showed against Kentucky Saturday night; we have players that can’t even execute basic fundamentals they should have learned in high school. We look like a team that just stepped up from FCS to FBS. We’ve got supposed 4* and 5* talent that seems to have regressed since high school), it would have made common sense to hire a coach who had at least proved (by doing it) that he could build/rebuild a program from the ground up. Truth is, we have zero idea of whether Shane can do that, because he’s never done that before. We don’t know if he can bring in a competent staff; he’s never done that before either. By the way, being on the BOT (especially ours) or being an AD or the university president for that matter, does not mean that one has any magical knowledge about hiring a coach; if anything, the past track record here says otherwise. We hired Muschamp when no other school wanted him as a head coach, and now it looks to a lot of people that the same AD and BOT hired another coach no other school wanted as a head coach. And here you are chiding others for being skeptical? Good Lord man, what would you expect? You trust the same people who hired Muschamp to do essentially the same thing, and have it turn out differently? I don’t, and I don’t mind saying I don’t. I really hope I’m wrong, but the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result, and that is exactly what this feels like until proven otherwise. P.S. ALL his former players love Muschamp too, and it’s rare any coach will say anything bad about a fellow coach (at least publicly); how did that work out with Muschamp?

I suppose you forgot I wrote that Will Muschamp would be the worst coach for Carolina in the past 120 years, and that was the day he was hired! I've never changed my mind about that statement. WM was a terrible hire, but a whole lot of the numb-nuts on this board were raving about his recruiting prowess. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting..... ya, ya, ya! To these fans it's all about the Jimmys and Joes. HELL NO IT'S NOT! It's about coaching the players every day when they get here. How many times in the past 5 years did we get smoked like a cuban cigar by teams with far less talent but much better coaching and team discipline? This is the reason I'm supportive of Shane Beamer. He can recruit, but much more importantly, he can coach on the field! As for bringing in a competent staff, you raise a fair question, and I'm concerned about that myself! However, there is no guarantee that Chadwell or Napier's present success would translate to playing SEC opponents every week either.

We see quite a few posts by the fgf and social media feces flinging chimpanzees about how “stupid” our AD, president, and BOT are.

Perhaps it is not they who are stupid.

Legendary we all know about you. You are like a dinasour. A relic. Please go back to your hole in the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT