ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching search. Please correct me where im wrong.

I'm not an insider, true. I do know those coaches have new jobs. I know we don't have a coach. I suspect we'll hire Will Muschamp, a guy fired a year ago and accomplished nothing this year in Auburn. He's also a guy nobody else offered a head coaching job. What did I get wrong?
You're not wrong about anything. Yet.. That will be determined based on who we hire and how said Coach does..

However, the hire hasn't yet been made and most everyone is complaining over hypothetcals at this point, which in my mind is foolish and presumptuous.

This situation reminds me of the time my Sister thought she was getting a certain gift for Christmas that she didn't want. She pissed an moaned behind the scenes. It was hilarious when she got the one she actually wanted and then looked as though she didn't even enjoy it because she worked herself up so much. Lol

Reactions: BigBlackCock
Ok, I'll give you that but still doesn't mean a ton of Gamecock fans want him here. I'd bet the majority have never even heard of him. Serious question, though. If Muschamp is hired are you still going to support our team?
It's not hard to do a quick Google search. Plus as soon as you mention Oklahoma and that he's the guy running that offense then you really get people's attention. I will support the team no matter what, but don't expect me to ever seek out Champ for an autograph at Fan Day or any Gamecock Club meetings.

You're not wrong about anything. Yet.. That will be determined based on who we hire and how said Coach does..

However, the hire hasn't yet been made and most everyone is complaining over hypothetcals at this point, which in my mind is foolish and presumptuous.

This situation reminds me of the time my Sister thought she was getting a certain gift for Christmas that she didn't want. She pissed an moaned behind the scenes. It was hilarious when she got the one she actually wanted and then looked as though she didn't even enjoy it because she worked herself up so much. Lol
If I wake up in two days and discover it's not WM under my tree, I'll be excited.

The "sh#t or get off the pot" scenario is a dangerous game to play. What if that call had been made and Herman decided to "get off the pot"? Then you guys would complain the RT wasn't patient enough and blew our chances with the top guy by pressuring him. I look back on many times in my life and wish I had done something different. That's the benefit if hind site, it's always 20/20.
I don't disagree. It all depends on if he considered Herman that much better than all the other candidates that he would be willing to wait. Personally, I thought Herman was the best choice, but didn't think he was that much better than Fuente that I'd let Fuente slip away while waiting on Herman.

Reactions: robertfootball
I don't disagree. It all depends on if he considered Herman that much better than all the other candidates that he would be willing to wait. Personally, I thought Herman was the best choice, but didn't think he was that much better than Fuente that I'd let Fuente slip away while waiting on Herman.
Serious question...has anyone over there given a look at Willie Fritz at Ga. Southern? The guy has won...and won big...at every level he's coached.

Serious question...has anyone over there given a look at Willie Fritz at Ga. Southern? The guy has won...and won big...at every level he's coached.
He runs a triple option. Seen them a couple of times this year. He's a good coach, but I don't think his offense would work in the SEC. We'd be like GaTech and it would be difficult to recruit top offensive players to play in that system.

You can talk about Tanner having a head start. So what? The coaches the fans and I guess Tanner wanted wouldn't accept a job in October. Seems Tanner offered Herman correct? You all wanted that, atleast the majority. He decided to stay at Houston. Is that Tanners fault? He offered Smart and had him, but smart waited to make sure Georgia didn't fire Richt and wouldn't accept the job until after finding out. Well, Richt got fired. Is that Tanners fault?. So now supposedly Muschamp is an embaraasment and nobody else wanted him. Ok, well who else wanted Lincoln Riley, Rich Rod, Sonny Dykes, etc.NOBODY. sorry, but Muschamp is a bigger name than any of these guys including smart and Herman. How is 30-21 at Florida a losing record? How is 11-1 a bad season. Yes, he had a couple bad seasons, so did holtz and Spurrier. The guy is a top notch recruiter. He has already talked about he knows and plans on running a spread offense, fast paced, and hire a coordinator that does this. He realizes it was a problem at Florida. People really need to give him a chance. Those complaining about his attitude or intensity, have you met Frank Martin?

Tommy Bowden is still available. Bobby is too.

You hate when people don't agree with you don't you? You can't stand it.

Are you nuts? I don't care if someone doesn't agree with me..........what I can't stand is certain posters that bitch and moan about every breath out of every coach, player, administrators mouth and make up shit. I also can't stand the ones that jump from thread to thread to thread and dog any and all things at SC. People like you are exactly what you described in another thread. You were the first to bitch about Spurrier after a loss, the first to want him gone, the first to want Tanner gone, the first to want all coaches fired.............I could go on and on. Like I said before, I think you are on someone payroll in tater town to simply stay on this site and try to paint all things SC in a negative woe is me light.

Good night there Bobby

Are you nuts? I don't care if someone doesn't agree with me..........what I can't stand is certain posters that bitch and moan about every breath out of every coach, player, administrators mouth and make up shit. I also can't stand the ones that jump from thread to thread to thread and dog any and all things at SC. People like you are exactly what you described in another thread. You were the first to bitch about Spurrier after a loss, the first to want him gone, the first to want Tanner gone, the first to want all coaches fired.............I could go on and on. Like I said before, I think you are on someone payroll in tater town to simply stay on this site and try to paint all things SC in a negative woe is me light.

Good night there Bobby
Now you're just making shit up and being stupid.

Got fired last year, probably was going to be fired this year, we should be able get him cheap, if it is Muschamp.

I know....Ray Tanner did everything he could possibly do. Funny thing though...almost all the other schools with openings had half the time and they filled their spots already.

If Tanner is a great AD the rest of the schools must be run by Da Vinci type brain power. This is the worst coaching search since Derek Dooley was hired at Tennessee.
lmao, nothing coulda been done about herman and smart...no mistake was made, just the way the dominoes fell....and during this time vt jumped on our 3rd choice before we could get thru 1 and 2...if rt had offered fuenta before hearing from 1 and 2 same guys woulda been crying why did rt make such a hasty decision? no win situation for rt..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT