ADVERTISEMENT

Cobra Kai

Sending an SOS

Aug 20, 2005
Since there is a post in Yellowstone, I thought I’d add one on Cobra Kai.

Yes - it’s cheesy, and that’s part of the fun. I grew up a huge fan of Karate Kid, so this was pretty nostalgic for me.

That said, just when you think the plot has run it’s course, the second half of Season 4 presented some fantastic storylines and now I’m hooked and excited for the next season.

What say you?

Cheesy AF but yes, I love it. Definitely more of a fan of Johnny now than back in the day. Daniel is an a**. I was never a fan of the Terry Silver character, and didn't like them bringing him back, but understand why they did. Will be interesting to see where it goes from here. I'll believe Daniel actually accepts the help from Chosen when I see it.

I love the series, but yeah, it’s 99.9% 80s cheese. The only thing I didn’t like was the flip flopping of Kreese and Silver’s characters. Silver started this season as a somewhat normal person, while Kreese was the destructive force he’s always been. Suddenly, Kreese goes from what looked to be attempted murder of Johnny at the end of Season 3 to caring too much about Johnny. Silver started the season as a voice of reason and moderation, Kreese was his usual “No Mercy” self, and then somehow they switched? Was it just because Silver got pissed that Kreese was giving him orders?

I started out liking it but it just got too outlandishly cheesy. The school fight put me on the edge. I finally checked out when the gang of kids ransacked Daniel’s house. Like they wouldn’t have had security cameras and could have just had all the kids arrested and that would have been the end of it. I mean, I get that it’s not supposed to be believable, but there should be some level of feasibility to it.

The other thing is that you had kids joining Cobra Kai with no karate experience and going out and totally kicking a** a few days later.

Reactions: Flameout12
I started out liking it but it just got too outlandishly cheesy.
Yea....me too. I have my limits on cheese....unless it's Herman Munster.
mun_herm1.gif

I’m up to 6 or 7 episodes.what drives me nuts is all the drama in every other scene.just when u think they going to get along,something happens and it go down hill.so far ,there is a lot of roll reversel going on to say the least.

I just got season 1 & 2 from the library so am going to watch it soon. I loved the movies in the day so look forward to it. I can handle the cheesy, I watch Syfy shark movies, it doesnt get any cheesier.

Haven't watched the newest season but the cheese factor was getting a bit much. I can handle it in comedies but rather hard to handle it when there not. I'll try to hang another season though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT