ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia lunch suggestion

nlstanford

Sep 9, 2002
Buddy of mine is traveling through Columbia on his way to Daytona and looking for a lunch suggestion. I haven't been plugged in to the dining scene for the past 10 years, so I need some help.

Looking for unique spots, doesn't need to be fancy. Hole in the wall is fine as long as the food is good. Past hits have been Rockaway and Yesterday's.

Bonus points if you can suggest a specific "signature" dish.

Mr. Friendly's has great lunch specials...same food as served nightly, plenty big portions, and great wine deals. Tough to beat.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Buffet: Palemtto Pig (BBQ), Carolina Buffet (country food- family of people who ran Jacksons), Little Pig (BBQ and Country food)

Little more upscale- Coa. Best Mexican food in the city/STATE IMO, been opened about two years now.. only opened for lunch for about 6 months the tortas are fire. (Sister restaurant to Salud out in Camden- also phenomenal)

Last edited:
Zesto's in West Columbia - fired chicken that will knock his socks off... Zestoburger basket if no chicken... chocolate dipped cone of vanilla soft serve ice cream...

Henry's on Devine... any burger is excellent...

Mac's on Laurel - Double chili cheeseburger all the way - cut in half just so you can
hold it.... you can't...

Lizard's Thicket - Airport Blvd.- Meat and three - recommend the fried chicken.. (who ever said it was no longer any good, goes to the wrong one.)

Blue Marlin for the best shrimp and grits in town.

Baked potato soup and salad ( house dressing ) at California dreaming.

Confederate fried steak with gravy at Yesterday's

Vietnamese Bun at Golden Chopstix

Labrasca's pizza is still the best

Andy's turkey dip supreme

Drake's Duck-in chicken sand

Reactions: bcs bound
Diprato's

Triple Decker Corned Beef Reuben
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
$9.95

In house cooked corned beef brisket, layered between three grilled slices of rye bread with swiss cheese, sauerkraut and 1000 Island dressing.
order with pimento cheese and pita chips. Also get a side order of plantains with them slightly warmed. You'll thank me later.

LT in Blythewood has not seen a decline in quality

I live in Blythewood and to me from when it opened to now it has always been bad.
Last time I ate there my fried chicken salad had raw chicken on it.
Everything tastes like it's from a can and the mashed potatoes tastes straight from a box.

Buddy of mine is traveling through Columbia on his way to Daytona and looking for a lunch suggestion. I haven't been plugged in to the dining scene for the past 10 years, so I need some help.

Looking for unique spots, doesn't need to be fancy. Hole in the wall is fine as long as the food is good. Past hits have been Rockaway and Yesterday's.

Bonus points if you can suggest a specific "signature" dish.

Check out Grouchos Deli. Parking is limited in five points but it's amazing. I get the STP. Be sure to get the 45 sauce too.

Henry's also has good burgers and sandwiches on Devine

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT