ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia lunch suggestion

I don't know guys, I had fried chicken at The Thickett in Blythwood and it was as good as any I've had in a long time.
The Blythewood location is, IMHO, the best Lizards Thicket w/ the one downtown on Elmwood a VERY CLOSE 2nd!! And remember, I live in Charlotte now!! LOL!!

Devine cinnamon roll deli

I tried them for the first time on yesterday, and it was a nice treat. They have a good menu that services breakfast all day as well as several other good menu items. The cinnamon rolls are also very good. The place was absolutely packed yesterday with a line out the door. Pita chips were also very light and fluffy. Will definitely be back.

The pita chips are awesome. The chili dog and cinnamon rolls are really good too. Haven't had anything I didn't like there

Gets worse and worse every time I go there, which is very seldom now. It's a shame used to be so good.

Some Thicket locations are better than others. Can't beat their fried flounder or hamburger steak with grilled onions which are consistently good.

I was going to suggest Bone in BBQ, but they are closing their doors...

Bone-In Barbeque is the new brick-and-mortar located in the morgue on the old mental grounds of the BullStreet area...

Bone-In Barbeque, the first and only restaurant at BullStreet, is closing

Restaurateur and caterer Scott hall made the announcement Monday on Facebook.

“I’m sorry to have to announce that we are closing our doors for good.,”” he wrote. “Though it breaks my heart, I’m just out of resources.”

He added: “Thanks to all the staff that stood by me these two years. It was an amazing privilege to work with the finest people I have ever known. It was the ride of a lifetime. I’m very proud of what we built together. I’ll miss you guys.”

Bone-In was Hall’s first bricks-and-mortar restaurant after having Bone-In food truck and a thriving catering business. His specialty was high end Southern food and ‘cue.

It was one of the first businesses to open at BullStreet. It is located at the entrance to Segra Park, home of the Columbia Fireflies baseball team.

The announcement comes two weeks after Hall said he was scaling back to just special events.

Hall in his Facebook post said he would “be making a more public statement on my biz accounts but I wanted to let you guys know first.”

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article240373401.html#storylink=cpy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT