ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Tennessee and Rick Barnes

DeeDave

Oct 11, 2021
On fire from 3.

We actually kept if closer than I thought we would because I had a bad feeling about this one.

Shows how far this team has come. This Tennessee team would have beat us by 30 points last year.

On fire from 3.

We actually kept if closer than I thought we would because I had a bad feeling about this one.

Shows how far this team has come. This Tennessee team would have beat us by 30 points last year.

This thread starter pairs nicely with all of the others you've had chronicling the success of USC Men's Basketball this season.

Oh, wait a minute.

Barnes is and has always been a dick. But congrats to Tennessee players. They have a solid group. Gamecocks had there chances. I’m sure that one hurts. Hopefully they bounce back like they always have. Go Gamecocks.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Barnes is and has always been a dick. But congrats to Tennessee players. They have a solid group. Gamecocks had there chances. I’m sure that one hurts. Hopefully they bounce back like they always have. Go Gamecocks.

I like him a lot. He's a wonderful person. Probably my favorite coach in basketball. (and I've found out, he's the favorite coach of a lot of other coaches too. He and Frank Martin were really close).

A former business associate of mine is a friend of Rick's. Great guy. Does a ton more behind the scenes than anyone would ever know.
My favorite story about him is his very close friendship with a huge Texas A & M fan while he was at Texas. He went out of his way to do a small gesture, which he didn't have to do, to make a friend. Then it blew up into a close, abiding friendship that lasted through death and family sickness.

“Her family is one of the finest families that God has ever brought into my life,” Barnes said.

"Barnes is going back to Texas for the first time as Tennessee’s coach Saturday. He spent 17 seasons coaching the Longhorns in Austin, where he won more than 400 games and gained an unlikely friendship that crossed rivalry lines."

Last edited:
I hope this one hurts. The refs allowed the players to beat each other up. They could have easily called a few fouls on Knect. Props to Stute for not pushing back harder and causing the game to get out of hand. A few of those fouls called and the game could have been different. I don't think we played a good game. A few of those 3's drop and its a different game as well. Thought UT players were stupid pointing at the ring finger. You can have the regular season SEC title. The SEC tourney and NCAA tourney are more important.

Reactions: Ward Jr
I hope this one hurts. The refs allowed the players to beat each other up. They could have easily called a few fouls on Knect. Props to Stute for not pushing back harder and causing the game to get out of hand. A few of those fouls called and the game could have been different. I don't think we played a good game. A few of those 3's drop and its a different game as well. Thought UT players were stupid pointing at the ring finger. You can have the regular season SEC title. The SEC tourney and NCAA tourney are more important.

They brought the fight to us in our building the same way we did to them a few weeks ago. Meechie Johnson played with his hair on fire in the 2nd half and really kept us in it. I'm happy with the split though. UT could win it all.

I like him a lot. He's a wonderful person. Probably my favorite coach in basketball. (and I've found out, he's the favorite coach of a lot of other coaches too. He and Frank Martin were really close).

A former business associate of mine is a friend of Rick's. Great guy. Does a ton more behind the scenes than anyone would ever know.
My favorite story about him is his very close friendship with a huge Texas A & M fan while he was at Texas. He went out of his way to do a small gesture, which he didn't have to do, to make a friend. Then it blew up into a close, abiding friendship that lasted through death and family sickness.

“Her family is one of the finest families that God has ever brought into my life,” Barnes said.

"Barnes is going back to Texas for the first time as Tennessee’s coach Saturday. He spent 17 seasons coaching the Longhorns in Austin, where he won more than 400 games and gained an unlikely friendship that crossed rivalry lines."

What excellent timing for Rick Barnes Deep Dive with complimenting heresy. You might see if he would be interested in you producing a weekly newsletter.

Last edited:
What excellent timing for Rick Barnes Deep Dive with complimenting heresy. You might see if he would be interested in you producing a weekly newsletter.
Woke up this morning with a hangover from that loss and couldn't shake it. I wish had realized sooner that the ultimate therapy was learning everything I could about the opposing coach. A cloud has now been lifted.

Woke up this morning with a hangover from that loss and couldn't shake it. I wish had realized sooner that the ultimate therapy was learning everything I could about the opposing coach. A cloud has now been lifted.

Life hacks such as paying deep homage to the opposing coach on the directly heels of a painful loss is just one of the reasons we keep coming back to FGF. Paradoxical healing.

Last edited:
I like Rick. Same age, grew up not too far from him, he recruited some of my high school players when he was at Clemson. Takes some getting use to. I hope we beat the brakes off of Tennessee in the tourney, either tourney.

Ahh, poor snowflake. LOL

On fire from 3.

You are so magnanimous. If it wears orange, I hate it.

Seems like Dave always has some story about the opposing view of everyone. Fake like those sports shows that yell at each other. Stephen A wanna be.

Nah,

I don't see a need to come on and make the same point as everyone else. That's boring.

If I like a coach, I say it- as I did.

Seems like Dave always has some story about the opposing view of everyone. Fake like those sports shows that yell at each other. Stephen A wanna be.
I like how, no matter the subject, Dee personally knows, or has a son that knows, or some other family member we'd never heard mentioned before, totally knows personally the subject at hand. 🙂

Reactions: Ward Jr
Nah,

I don't see a need to come on and make the same point as everyone else. That's boring.

If I like a coach, I say it- as I did.

Nah,

This was trolling 101. I don't recall you ever starting a thread about any of our men's teams in a positive light. Instead, you start one about the opposing team the second we lost one of the biggest games in history. It's also the same reason you start threads about the NIL and portal in glee knowing we're sucking win because of that system.

It turns you on to see our men's teams struggle so you can come on here and troll. It's been going on for years. This is one of the reasons I try to return the favor at any turn. But don't change a thing now and start being positive. It would be far too obvious.

You two should go on a date sometime. 😘😘

I like how, no matter the subject, Dee personally knows, or has a son that knows, or some other family member we'd never heard mentioned before, totally knows personally the subject at hand. 🙂

Well, there isn't much reason to mention it randomly. After the Tenn game seemed like a good time.

I mean a topic of My Cousin Once Ate a Turkey Sandwich with Jeff Saturday would be an odd one to randomly post.

Some just like to stand out and be the center of attention, regardless of how it makes them look.

Some just like to stand out and be the center of attention, regardless of how it makes them look.
Donald Trump says hello.

thinking about what no names on a message board think about me is #99,000,003 on my list. LOL

Suuuuuureeee. What about the 4,534 nephews and nieces you've used as examples here?

LOL. Nobody believes anything you say.

I don't have nearly that many. More like a bunch of dozen.

I am so disappointed "nobody believes anything you say"

LOL

Let me guess.

You are out on Lake Murray in your boat with your Biden flag laughing at everyone.

F'ing clown. lol

Let me guess.

You are out on Lake Murray in your boat with your Biden flag laughing at everyone.

F'ing clown. lol

No. LOL. It's been raining. Sitting on porch looking at the water. Just finished a nice breakfast omelet with mushrooms and onions.

Political flags are as trashy as a Donald Trump supporter's hairstyle.

No. LOL. It's been raining. Sitting on porch looking at the water. Just finished a nice breakfast omelet with mushrooms and onions.

Political flags are as trashy as a Donald Trump supporter's hairstyle.

Like I've said, you are full of shit. You can't even keep up with your own lies.

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/bye-cnn-…………-😂.379247/page-4#post-6118769

Making fun of Trumpers in person? That's a hobby too.

Never been intimidated by a human being. That's for children.

I have a Biden flag on my boat that I fly just to watch them melt down and scream obscenities on the lake like fools. Always good for a few laughs.

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals...-him-a-ministry-of-truth.379301/#post-6118833

Who is an independent?

Oh, I love to fly my Biden flag.

LOL

it's not the first time -and won't be the last - I post something to enjoy the snowflake tears of Trump cult members.

the thought someone is proudly flying a Biden flag will always cause their blood pressure to escalate even more

Reactions: ShannonL
LOL

it's not the first time -and won't be the last - I post something to enjoy the snowflake tears of Trump cult members.

the thought someone is proudly flying a Biden flag will always cause their blood pressure to escalate even more

Wrong. I love it. Makes it easy to identify the idiots.

Even your fictional life sucks ass. Bless your heart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT