ADVERTISEMENT

Coolest stadium you’ve ever visited and why.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
besides WB, sadly I have only been to Jordan Hare for the 2010 game. Pretty nice overall. Nothing really stood out though.

At the time, it was called Univ of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale (believe it has a new name now); I was there for the Men’s Final Four to cheer on our basketball team. Went with 3 other friends—it was the best weekend ever (other than losing the game). Cool stadium and very interesting to see a basketball court in the middle of the field.

Last edited:
Only been to Willy B, Memorial Stadium, Fulton Co., Turner Field and Suntrust. Easily the coolest is Suntrust. The most interesting was Memorial when the Carolina Panthers played their first season there. That’s when I found out that college football fans and NFL fans weren’t necessarily the same. Never seen so many drunk fat men without shirts except at dirty Myrtle.

Reactions: Judson1
For Gamecock Football I have been to Clemson, UGA, Tenn, Florida, Both Arkansas places, Alabama, Miss State, Vandy, Navy, UNC, NC State, and Georgia Dome for SEC Champ game, Citrus Bowl, Raymond James for Outback bowls.

I would say out of those Raymond James but no spectacular
reason behind it, nice experience, good traffic flow, pirate ship is cool

Mercedes Benz - Atlanta. Most definitely the WOW factor.
Fenway - Because IT'S FENWAY.
Dodger Stadium - one of the iconic ball parks.

Mercedes Benz - Atlanta, not New Orleans. Super Bowl.

I believe it's the best stadium in the country. Really impressive visually (inside and out), and the cheapest concessions in the country. Can't beat it.

I agree. This is my first choice as well. I have been at the Benz for both the Falcons and Atl United games. Really not a bad seat in the house with 70k capacity. The food options are unique and are plentiful for each level.

Stadium_22__1_.jpg

Last edited:
1 - Dodger Stadium.
2 - Dudy-Noble Field at Polk-DeMent Stadium.
If you are a college baseball fan, this needs to be on your bucket list.

I am 100% agreement on Dodger stadium, it was perfectly built for baseball.

Sarge Frye was always awesome for me as a kid & eventually a USC student. I had my share of free entries, and $2 tickets. & some pretty epic Clemtech battles. loved when the putting green was in right field and you could walk out there.

Coolest and most wow factor for me was Mercedes Benz in Atlanta. I’ve been to Fulton County, Turner Field, Suntrust, Death Valley (Clemson), Wallace Wade in Durham (squeezed in through a gate with no ticket and saw Clemson lose!), Citrus Bowl before the renovation, Tarholes stadium and Minute Maid Park in Houston. We have tentative plans to go to California in June and I was planning on catching an Angels game. We’re still going to try our damnedest to go to CA this summer, but I’m not planning on a baseball game being on the itinerary anymore.

1) Fenway Park. Half been to about 10 or so Red Sox games over the years (am a Red Sox fan). Quirky, charming, legendary, imposing - all of the above. Great around the stadium experience too.

2) Ohio Stadium. My clear-cut #1 football stadium, college or pro. I find it beautiful and majestic.

T-3) This was really hard, so I gave 'em the ol' tie: Sanford Stadium and Tiger Stadium. Sanford is "nicer." Tiger Stadium has more gravity and mystique.

5) (New) Yankee Stadium. It's hard not to be in awe when you're in the home of the greatest sports franchise in history. Never got to go to the old one.

6) Frank McGuire Arena at Carolina Coliseum. Absolute effing shame that's not still home of the Gamecocks. What a GREAT basketball venue.

I am 100% agreement on Dodger stadium, it was perfectly built for baseball.

Sarge Frye was always awesome for me as a kid & eventually a USC student. I had my share of free entries, and $2 tickets. & some pretty epic Clemtech battles. loved when the putting green was in right field and you could walk out there.

Dodger Stadium is a wonderful place to watch a ballgame. Looking out at the mountains is so beautiful. I just hope one day I'll be able to take Daddy out there so he can see it too. Although he does have one on me. He got to see games at Ebbets - World Series games, no less, in '55 and '56.

The Sarge will always be home to me, for more reasons than I care to list.

I have been fortunate to attend games at alot of different stadiums, but if I have to choose a favorite, then Autzen stadium would be it. Cool looking stadium in person, love the layout, and was a great atmosphere. Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma stadiums were cool too.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Weirdest stadium experience I've ever had was the former Yahoo Dome (now PayPay Dome) in Fukuoka, Japan for a SoftBank Hawks baseball game.

A Japanese baseball game is a very odd experience. Fun in it's own way. The experience is nothing at all like a major league game. Kind of like minor league on steroids.

AT&T park in San Francisco- hands down the best. incredible views of the Bay
Stanford football stadium- great facility, great tailgate area, great people
Old Yankee stadium in the Bronx
Oakland Alameda County Coliseum- Total dump but perfect for the Raiders!

Reactions: DrMickey
I've been to auburn, tennessee, uk, uga, willy b of course but the most electric was the swamp. We were there when we Meat blocked the punt and we went up 2 scores i believe. You could hear a pin drop, Then things changed so quickly and that place was insanely loud. It was by far the wildest atmosphere i have been in especially on the road. But as far as gameday tailgating...ill take Auburn any day of the week. That was the BEST trip overall, but hell it be nice to win a few of these games when visiting ..lol

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
For tradition = Fenway Park and LA Coliseum

For wow factor - AT&T Stadium in Dallas

Wrigley Field - Chicago Cubs. But I didn't feel anything special about being there, example I didn't get cold chills or anything like that but I had never been a Cubs fan or even a National League fan. I use to pull for the Braves some back in the 90s but other than that I have always been an American League fan. Now, had I been at the old Yankee Stadium I would have went ape.

I agree. This is my first choice as well. I have been at the Benz for both the Falcons and Atl United games. Really not a bad seat in the house with 70k capacity. The food options are unique and are plentiful for each level.

Stadium_22__1_.jpg

Now that is a gorgeous stadium, inside anyway.

Old Yankee Stadium...and is my favorite of all time because Mickey Mantle was in the outfield.
Me too. Saw the great sandy koufax set a record by striking out 15 in the world series. Saw mantle hit a moon shot to dead center field in the same series. Had to have been well over 400 feet. Dead center field was 461. As a kid I had not seen a ball hit that far or anything even close. I was shocked. Just as shocked that it was caught
Old Yankee Stadium...and is my favorite of all time because Mickey Mantle was in the outfield.
Saw mantle hit a moonshot to dead center field. Had to have been way over 400 feet. Dead center field was 461 feet. Caught for an out. Couldn’t believe, as a kid, that a) anyone could hit a ball that far and b) it would be an out. Also saw the great sandy koufax set a world series record by striking out 15.

I have been to too many stadiums to list so I’ll spare you. My favorites other than Williams Brice:
1. MLB-hard to beat Yankee Stadium. New one is just the old one updated. Doesn’t have the history but still a great ballpark. Coming from a Braves fan. Pittsburgh is deceptively good and I highly recommend you to see it.
2. NFL-Falcons fan bias but for all the reasons listed above Mercedes Benz in Atlanta. Go see it.
3. NCAA-Alabama. Hard to beat the tradition. Field looks perfect.

Reactions: DrMickey
I have been to games at many stadiums...or is it stadia? And I've also toured dozens as well. The best I've ever been to was Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. The place has it all. Clean, pretty, roomy, great concessions, not a bad seat in the place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT