ADVERTISEMENT

Coolest stadium you’ve ever visited and why.

You take that back. That’ll be on your conscience forever if you don’t. Lol

Like I said, I had to take an aspirin after I typed the message. And when I say scenery, I'm talking about the surrounding areas of the stadium, e.g., trees, bell tower, etc from the view point of the seats inside the stadium.

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
Very nice park. I've been part of a group that has sung the National Anthem there a couple of times. One small detraction is that, if you sit in the left field stands, there is a blind spot near the left field foul line that obscures plays made in fair territory near the outfield wall in that area. But it is a nice ballpark.

I love the Durham Bulls park, but can't beat that view in Charlotte.

knightsbbt-ballpark-2019-view*1200xx6373-3585-1664-0.jpg

Not to steer this thread in a different direction but I found this neat. Below is a few photos of Metropolitan stadium where the Minnesota Twins and Vikings used to play at. According to Wikipedia after the stadium was abandoned, Minneapolis/Richfield American Legion Post acquired the flagpole from the stadium and sold them to the Twins. The flagpole are currently planted at the Twins baseball stadium Target field. A quote from Wikipedia
"The old flagpole at the stadium was purchased by the Minneapolis/Richfield American Legion Post when the stadium was razed. The pole was sold back to the Twins and restored in 2010; it was then placed in the plaza at Target Field"

metro16_top.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Met-Stadium-sample.JPG

Reactions: Bad seed
Fan support- Busch Stadium hands down. Hon. Mention to Don Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

Unique- Kauffman Stadium in KC. Just the weirdest baseball stadium, from a looks standpoint, I've been in. Hon. Mention goes to Oral Roberts baseball stadium. Nothing like a roof made in the image of a gold crown.

Nicest fans- Hands down Mizzou football fans. Cheap 50 yard line tickets as well. Hon. Mention goes to Arkansas and Kentucky.

Beautiful view- TD Ameritrade (Rosenblatt) for obvious reasons lol. Knights stadium in Charlotte as well. Hon. Mention goes to Reynolds Razorback stadium when we used to play there in the Fall. Pretty views of Fall foliage.

Been to a good many more but those are the ones that stand out for various reasons. Rosenblatt will always be one of my favorites though. I always felt like I stepped back in time at that place.

Most Wow that I have been to.....ATT Stadium Arlington Texas for a Cowboys Game also been there for the Cotton Bowl. That video board in the middle of the field is dope.
Biggest awe factor......Fenway. Haven't been to Dodger Stadium and Wrigley....but both are on the bucket list.
Coolest may be...Sonny Lubick Field at Canvas Stadium Colorado St. They went from the saddest dump of a stadium to one that drips cool. Toured the stadium before it opened. a Palace.

BTW, I have been to LA Coliseum three times for USC-Left games. Sat in different places. Not a good venue. Old, clunky and kind of creepy. Good history there though. The naked people statue outside the stadium is weird. Rose Bowl is much nicer and cooler.

In terms of Minor league ballparks, the Frisco Roughriders stadium in Frisco, Tx should be on your bucket lift. Coolest stadium in the minor leagues. Even has a lazy river.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Nicest fans- Hands down Mizzou football fans. Cheap 50 yard line tickets as well. Hon. Mention goes to Arkansas and Kentucky.

I've always had good interactions with Mizzou and Hog fans, but I've encountered more troublemakers at Kentucky football games than anywhere else besides maybe UGA. UK is still my favorite away trip in the SEC though. Nice drive through the mountains, usually cool weather when we play there, a nice, clean, roomy stadium.

War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock. It hearkens back to an age gone by, and you cannot beat that name for a football stadium. At night, it's as loud as any other SEC stadium, as I needed aspirin afterwards.

Honorable Mention: The old Stanford Stadium. How such a dump within hosted a Super Bowl, I'll never know. But it seated about 90,000, and was a fun place to catch football when the Air Force trapped us on the Left Coast. Of course, the awesome Stanford Band booed my USC sweatshirt, so I hollered "Go 'Cocks!" back at them. Then they gave the thumbs up. And yes, I did see them do the marching manhood once.

I haven't been to a ton of stadiums but went to an A's game at Oakland Coliseum last summer. That place is a rugged beast of steel and concrete, but had a fun atmosphere and a strange nostalgia to it. That stadium is the last of it's kind for multi-use between baseball and football (of course the Raiders have now exited Oakland but hadn't when I was there). It's kind of fun to see a game with the huge foul territory.
The fans were also great! Even a bit of tailgating in the parking lots

This is a good thread:

NCAA: Michigan. Nothing special, just big and historic.

MLB: Miller Park (Brewers). Such a great venue for a baseball game. I’ve been to some of the ones mentioned and this was the best I’ve seen a game at. Have gone back multiple times. Fans love their team too. Runner-up would be Coors Field (Rockies) though I’m surprised they didn’t get a better view of the mountains in Center Field. The best parks are named after beer.

Scenery: Colorado & Air Force Academy.

Cool to say I’ve been: Astrodome

besides WB, sadly I have only been to Jordan Hare for the 2010 game. Pretty nice overall. Nothing really stood out though.
Kentucky, Commonwealth Stadium - Fans were friendly and the size of the stadium is perfect "60+ thousand. The size may be making a comeback all over college football with the lack of attendance.

Last edited:
The original Durham Bulls stadium was downtown in between the mills. I lived in the Triangle in the late 80s and it was a cool place to watch a game. I saw a State game in Reynolds Coliseum, not so great, but missed my chance to go to Cameron. I know this is a stadium thread, so my vote for Kenan at UNC is blahhhh. Of course, I watched one of the worst played games in the history of the USC/UNC series there. The campus is, I will say, pretty cool.

First of all let me say that How impressed that I am with WB stadium. My son went to USC for his masters in 2003 and every fall since that year I come down for a visit and I really look forward to spending time with him and my visit to a game.

My top 3 choices for a venue that everyone should of had the experience of taking in a game

3 A Whiteout game at Beaver stadium to see Penn State play rival Ohio St simply the best game experience anywhere

2. As an old die hard NHL hockey fan the old Maple Leaf gardens was a treasure. The history just reeks there with the old pictures everywhere. What a shame they moved on to a new arena

1 And finally Saratoga racetrack talking about a walk back into time of days gone by. This place is a must see for any horse racing fan in upstate NY. I have gone there every year for 45 years now and yes I have been to Churchill downs for the KY Derby and that simply can't compare to Saratoga on Travers day.

Last edited:
Sanford Stadium UGA is overrated. With all the building and trees, you dont get a good look of the stadium. Just riding by it.
19fb_sanford_03.jpg

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Sanford Stadium UGA is overrated. With all the building and trees, you dont get a good look of the stadium. Just riding by it.
19fb_sanford_03.jpg
I been to Stanford once for the 93 game when on South Carolina first touchdown of the game Cory Bridges got a celebration penalty and at the very end the Brandon Bennett over the top touchdown as time expired. Unless the surroundings has changed since then, I will agree with you on the exterior part of Stanford. It was almost as i stumbled
up on the stadium because, as you say, you can not see if from a distance. looks like half the stadium is underground or in a hole. Once I got to my seat at the game, I thought the view from inside the stadium had a wow factor.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT