ADVERTISEMENT

Could Use Prayers…

Sending an SOS

Aug 20, 2005
Well, I’m not usually that guy, but I’m in need of prayers.

My Father is one heckuva Gamecock fan. I remember as a kid sitting in Section 9 being embarrassed by him while he yelled on every single play (always in Gamecocks favor). He danced, yelled, chanted…even got on TV a few times.

But now he’s fighting for his life. COVID has left him pretty lifeless. He was an overactive and healthy 73 year old who is now clinging to life on a ventilator. He chose not to get the vaccine - his choice, but one I disagreed with. He’s in the ICU on a ventilator, and I need prayers that he can get off the vent and breathe on his own. He’s got an uphill battle either way, but this will help.

There’s nothing worse than seeing an extremely vocal Gamecock fan being totally incapacitated and unable to talk.

I’m heartbroken but still holding onto hope. I am a Gamecock as is he…battle tested.

My Father is one heckuva Gamecock fan. I remember as a kid sitting in Section 9 being embarrassed by him while he yelled on every single play (always in Gamecocks favor). He danced, yelled, chanted…even got on TV a few times.

But now he’s fighting for his life. COVID has left him pretty lifeless. He was an overactive and healthy 73 year old who is now clinging to life on a ventilator. He chose not to get the vaccine - his choice, but one I disagreed with. He’s in the ICU on a ventilator, and I need prayers that he can get off the vent and breathe on his own. He’s got an uphill battle either way, but this will help.

There’s nothing worse than seeing an extremely vocal Gamecock fan being totally incapacitated and unable to talk.

I’m heartbroken but still holding onto hope. I am a Gamecock as is he…battle tested.
I’m really sorry to hear. Praying for a miracle. I had a good friend that almost lost his battle with Covid but was able to eventually pull through. I am praying for the same outcome for your dad.

Both of my parents were in the hospital. One in for a week, the other in for a month. It is life changing. Prayers to you brother.

I'm really sorry.

I hope he can get off that thing and get stronger. It happens. So there is always hope.

My sincerest best wishes and prayers for the outcome you are seeking. God bless and strengthen you, whatever happens.

Saying a prayer for your dad and your family right now @Sending an SOS

Reactions: Sending an SOS
Prayers sent. If you have an opportunity, make certain that they've checked his vitamin D levels (25D). There are now over 100 studies on the impact of low vitamin D levels in people with COVID complications.

Those in the deficient category (with 25D levels <20 ng/mL) made up 87% of severe Covid-19 cases. They are 14x more likely to have a severe C19 outcome than those with levels above 40ng/mL. Vitamin D therapy has been used in all stages of COVID - including those in the ICU. You can't assume they are testing. In fact, they probably aren't. You need to specifically request. Best of Luck.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/a...ouA&utm_content=203565583&utm_source=hs_email

Any update today?

SOS, friend, it is OK to be "that guy in need of prayer" ... I also just prayed for your father, you, and your entire family .. may God make Himself known to all of you ... do keep us continually posted. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for all of the prayers. My Dad passed away this afternoon, and Gamecock Nation lost one heckuva fan. I guess it’s now my responsibility to be the embarrassing Father to my girls. One day they will appreciate it…
I'm so sorry, and I wish the best for you and your family in the days ahead. RIP to your father. He sounded like a great Gamecock.

Thank you for all of the prayers. My Dad passed away this afternoon, and Gamecock Nation lost one heckuva fan. I guess it’s now my responsibility to be the embarrassing Father to my girls. One day they will appreciate it…
I will continue to pray for you and your entire family. All girl dad here as well.

Do you remember where abouts?

I saw in Section 9 in the late 90s and early 2000s for awhile- pretty low in the stands.

Do you remember where abouts?

I saw in Section 9 in the late 90s and early 2000s for awhile- pretty low in the stands.
Back then, he would’ve been on the second row. Right in front of the cheerleaders and near the isle.

God please touch this man with your healing hand and rid his body of this horrible virus.

Back then, he would’ve been on the second row. Right in front of the cheerleaders and near the isle.

oh ok. I sat higher up so I wouldn't have run into him.

Once again, I am really sorry. I lost one of my best friends to COVID over a year ago. There are no words really that provide any comfort.

I hope your family grows even closer through all of this and your mind is able to focus on all the good times.

Really truly am Sorry for You and Your Family.
I am Praying for You, Your Family and anyone else impacted by the passing of Your Dad.

I empathize with your loss as I have lost my
Dad and Mom to Cancer in the last 5 or 6 years.

Very sorry for this outcome but I believe it isn't the end, just the end of now. God strengthen you in days to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT