ADVERTISEMENT

Crossroads

Eddie71

Mar 12, 2014
I’m sorry guys, but there is no coming back from this with Muschamp. He is what he is at this point. And what he isn’t is head coach material. He’s had three plus years and the team has actually regressed.

To think that Muschamp had 8 months to rectify the mistakes of the Belk Bowl, and he fielded virtually the EXACT same team with the same level of play, same mistakes, same inept play calling, same incompetent game management, same absurd amount of missed tackles, same everything. Once again the team looked completely unprepared to take the field on Saturday. Why do we think he will all of the sudden wake up and become somebody new for the rest of the season? It’s not happening.

I normally don’t believe things like this, but I think it would be completely naive to think Muschamp’s new 20 million contract doesn’t have a role in his seemingly cavalier approach to his responsibilities as the head football coach at USC. It is unfathomable that Ray Tanner gave him a new contract on the cusp of a new incoming president before he really proved to be a consistent winner.

All of this is extremely disturbing to me. I’m not trying to be dramatic, but I truly believe that USC is at a crossroads right now. As I’ve spoken to other people over the weekend, some of them being major program boosters, I see that I am not the only one who is thinking along these lines. I hope enough voices that matter can help bring about the changes necessary to put forth a Football Program that this University and all of its fans and supporters can take pride in and deserves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News