ADVERTISEMENT

"Crowd" for Kentucky game

DarkCock

Jan 21, 2006
Here's a photo from last Saturday. Supposedly during national anthem (everyone is standing, so I guess so).

CslJIM4WIAAm6vW.jpg

Reactions: Lakecock1
We have a lot of empty seats for our "sell out". What happen with that ?

They were playing nobody. You can bet there will be plenty of people there next week when we come to town. They think we're an easy win - they'll show up.

Reactions: Out of Conference
what happens if everyone starts takn a knee during the national anthem?.....will the protest be over or will someone stand up and start it all over again?

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
A couple of things...

-Not sure why you guys think UK fans don't care about football. If they didn't care, then the entire fanbase wouldn't be apoplectic right now about the sad state of the program.

-Not many fanbases have less to show for their loyalty than UK.

-South carolina is going to murder UK this weekend. almost every UK fan knows this, no reasonable UK person expects to win any SEC games with that defense.

A couple of things...

-Not sure why you guys think UK fans don't care about football. If they didn't care, then the entire fanbase wouldn't be apoplectic right now about the sad state of the program.

-South carolina is going to murder UK this weekend. almost every UK fan knows this, no reasonable UK person expects to win any SEC games with that defense.
I agree that UK does have a following. LSUKFBF is the abbreviation that I have seen used in the past.

A couple of things...

They had a full house two years ago - parking wad a problem. And we lost and I have had to listen for two years now from my kentucky friends. At least I am sittng in USC tickets this year..

A couple of things...

Odds aren't good we "murder" them. This is just a bait post. It will be an ugly game like the ECU and Vandy games were.
Also, we're not Clemson players on jet skis.

Odds aren't good we "murder" them. This is just a bait post. It will be an ugly game like the ECU and Vandy games were.
Also, we're not Clemson players on jet skis.

Not a bait post at all. I've watched three UK games and this is the worst UK defense in my lifetime (I wish I was exaggerating). UK is going 2-10 this year, and the only SEC team I see us even being competitive with at this point is Candy.

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
Not a bait post at all. I've watched three UK games and this is the worst UK defense in my lifetime (I wish I was exaggerating). UK is going 2-10 this year, and the only SEC team I see us even being competitive with at this point is Candy.
All good. I hope it's a blowout, but I think either team will count their blessings with any form of " W"- ugly as it may be.

Last edited:
Not true. We're not happy with our coach or AD and want them gone.

There's a good chance you guys may have more fans there.

The 'problem' with UK athletics is you have the all-time #1 college basketball program in the country, but you struggle in football. Big Cat donors don't like that even if you do own a gazillion NC trophies in basketball. You're still in the SEC where football is king.

UK fans are tired of losing. Its an emotional rollercoaster. There was a lot of hype coming out of fall camp, and the unveiling of a new football facility excited the fan base. The USM game was suppose to be the game we proved the OC change was legit only to see our old OC beat up our defense. Then there was NMST, the worst team in BCS. We should have had a field day with those guys only to have a shoot out till the end. We suffer through the lose on Saturday and Sunday only for the media to pull you back again and build up your hope from Monday- Friday. When Saturday comes around again your disappointed.

All this leads to fans staying home and watching the clown show we call UK football. We need a Football oriented AD who can hire a coach that is worth a damn.

The 'problem' with UK athletics is you have the all-time #1 college basketball program in the country, but you struggle in football. Big Cat donors don't like that even if you do own a gazillion NC trophies in basketball. You're still in the SEC where football is king.

But that's just not true. We do have big money donors in football, too. I know that basketball programs don't have good football programs, but Kentucky has everything in its favor. There's really no reason for it to ever be bad.

The same goes for South Carolina. They've gotten screwed over by NC and the ACC for decades. I could easily argue that SC has had it MUCH worse than Kentucky, yet SC has done an amazing job in the last 15 years.

Kentucky could do the same, if it chose too.

You're preaching to the choir. Our large donors will spend money (e.g. the money we just spent on our new practice facility, stadium upgrades, etc), but people want to invest in a winning vision. The current experiment is failing and I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of our AD.

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
I think it'll be a good game: our horrid defense against USC's dismal offense; our pretty decent offense against USC'S pretty stout D. ..... I'll be there knocking back a few regardless of the score :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT