ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo, the genius!

t-zonie

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2002
Starting a player that could hardly walk, but hey, he needed another win! Then got a concussion!
Anybody want to bet that Kelly starts in 2 weeks!
Thoughts!

Reactions: Tiger71
Starting a player that could hardly walk, but hey, he needed another win! Then got a concussion!
Thoughts!
I don't know about Kelly but dabo and chad morris both talked about "wrapping bailing wire around DW's knee" to get him through a USC game

The Syracuse game replay is on ESPNU right now.

Bama arranged the ceremony to honor Stallings and the 1992 National Championship team on a weekend Dabo could attend. Bama went the extra mile to accommodate him. Has their courtship for Saban's replacement started with Dabo?

All this on a weekend Dabo lost to a weak Syracuse team and the Clemson offense only scored 17 points.

The Syracuse game replay is on ESPNU right now.

Bama arranged the ceremony to honor Stallings and the 1992 National Championship team on a weekend Dabo could attend. Bama went the extra mile to accommodate him. Has their courtship for Saban's replacement started with Dabo?

All this on a weekend Dabo lost to a weak Syracuse team and the Clemson offense only scored 17 points.
Thanks for the heads up - I'm going to enjoy this game again.

There ain't a horse that can't be rode; there ain't a man that can't be throwed" Darrell Royal

Everyone bites the dirt sometime, even sometimes when they shouldn't.

Thoughts!
I too, think he should have rested, but athletes play with sprained ankles all the time. The concussion had nothing to do with his ankle and is a little more serious, so he will have to pass all of the concussion protocols before returning.

Reactions: vlastimil_hort
Thoughts!
Damn right he'll start, Dablow said in the paper this morning that Bryant is progressing well. Dablow don't give a rat's ass about anything but himself and trying to get a win. He played Watson against us at Clemson with a torn ACL, and had a wooden insole made for CJ Spiller's cleat when he had a hurt foot or ankle in another game at Clemson but it didn't work and Spiller had to come out of the game. He is a total douche.

Reactions: boatingsportscock
Damn right he'll start, Dablow said in the paper this morning that Bryant is progressing well. Dablow don't give a rat's ass about anything but himself and trying to get a win. He played Watson against us at Clemson with a torn ACL, and had a wooden insole made for CJ Spiller's cleat when he had a hurt foot or ankle in another game at Clemson but it didn't work and Spiller had to come out of the game. He is a total douche.

Coach speak. He already said Bryant would not practice and would be evaluated by medical staff later in the week. The only thing Bryant has done this week is jog around some on the sidelines in shorts and a t shirt. No cuts, no major weight on his ankle, nothing. Regardless of what you guys think Dabo can or would do. NO doctor is gonna risk his career by releasing Bryant before hes able to pass all the concussion protocols. I think Hunter Johnson should get the start against GT. He should have played against Syracuse as well.

Coach speak. He already said Bryant would not practice and would be evaluated by medical staff later in the week. The only thing Bryant has done this week is jog around some on the sidelines in shorts and a t shirt. No cuts, no major weight on his ankle, nothing. Regardless of what you guys think Dabo can or would do. NO doctor is gonna risk his career by releasing Bryant before hes able to pass all the concussion protocols. I think Hunter Johnson should get the start against GT. He should have played against Syracuse as well.
Why haven't they played him? It was sort of surprising not to see him versus Syracuse.

What about the injury that CAUSED him to get the concussion... I doubt the doctors step up on that one. It was really, really clear that KB wasn't close to 100% from the first snap of that game and Dabo just won't tell the truth about it. Period. He started a kid that was hurt... 3rd QB he's done it with.

I too, think he should have rested, but athletes play with sprained ankles all the time. The concussion had nothing to do with his ankle and is a little more serious, so he will have to pass all of the concussion protocols before returning.
The concussion has everything to do with the ankle. Hobbling around is what allowed him to be caught and body slammed like that. It looked like he was in such pain that he didn’t fight the tackle at all.

Watch the replay, guys calling the game mentioned the fact that Bryant was NOT 100 percent. CU fans can defend their coaches all they want, but it won't change the fact that they played a QB visibly limping and immobil compared to pre injury vs WF.

Thoughts!

Did WM take Jake out after this hit? Yea I am a tiger fan and I know I will most likely get banned but come on guys Dabo is a good man who knows how to run a large operation like a major college football team. Truth be known most of yall would love to have him as your coach if he could produce in Columbia like he does in Clemson

Reactions: vlastimil_hort
What about the injury that CAUSED him to get the concussion... I doubt the doctors step up on that one. It was really, really clear that KB wasn't close to 100% from the first snap of that game and Dabo just won't tell the truth about it. Period. He started a kid that was hurt... 3rd QB he's done it with.

A big 300 pound lineman slamming him on his head CAUSED the concussion, not a sprained ankle. Bryant looked fine the first drive or two but then he rolled out and looked like he tweaked it again. I agree he should have been taken out at that point but to say the ankle was the reason he got a concussion is just reaching. He might have been tackled the exact same way by the same guy with the same result without the ankle issue.

Did WM take Jake out after this hit? Yea I am a tiger fan and I know I will most likely get banned but come on guys Dabo is a good man who knows how to run a large operation like a major college football team. Truth be known most of yall would love to have him as your coach if he could produce in Columbia like he does in Clemson
Don't worry, Clemson fans never get banned. You can pretty much do whatever you want, and it will be allowed.

Why haven't they played him? It was sort of surprising not to see him versus Syracuse.

Not really sure to be honest. He did well in the few games he played this season. Seems like coaches are trying to give Cooper his fair shot which I think he got this past week. I dont think they can keep Johnson on the bench much longer the way Cooper struggled last week.

A big 300 pound lineman slamming him on his head CAUSED the concussion, not a sprained ankle. Bryant looked fine the first drive or two but then he rolled out and looked like he tweaked it again. I agree he should have been taken out at that point but to say the ankle was the reason he got a concussion is just reaching. He might have been tackled the exact same way by the same guy with the same result without the ankle issue.

Do you think a player being sent onto the gridiron with a full leg cast would be wise? Do you think maybe its because he wouldnt be able to move properly and protect himself? OK now, how about a severely sprained ankle that he is plainly hobbling on? You think that might help get an offensive players lights turned out? You think he was able to protect himself?

Reactions: Logic1969

What he is good at is firing and hiring coaches until he finds out what works. Spurrier wouldn't do that and that is what i didn't like about him and when he did have to hire a coach he never would spend enough time doing it, he would make quick hires.

What he is good at is firing and hiring coaches until he finds out what works. Spurrier wouldn't do that and that is what i didn't like about him and when he did have to hire a coach he never would spend enough time doing it, he would make quick hires.
In your opinion should Bentley have stayed in the game after seeing the way he was staggering from that hit? I don't think so just like I think KB should have come out after he tweeked his ankle. Bottom line is both coaches want to win but I don't think either one will take undue risk with a kid for the sake of winning a ball game. I know Watson's playing on a torn ACL will come up but it was a decision made by Doctors, Coaches and Watson himself and as you can see it turned out ok for Clemson

He absolutely did not look ok on the first two drives.

Not really sure to be honest. He did well in the few games he played this season. Seems like coaches are trying to give Cooper his fair shot which I think he got this past week. I dont think they can keep Johnson on the bench much longer the way Cooper struggled last week.
Just curious, do you think Cooper transfers after this season? Bryant will be back, Johnson seems to be next in line and then you throw in the Lawrence kid. It is great to have all these qb's but they and WR's are the biggest divas on the field for about any team. if they dont get to play, they want to leave. Dont know how it can work out for Clemson having 4 QB's and really only about 2 will play.Will lawrence redshirt?

But now if you go to tiger.net and say the orange paw on the field has a slightly yellow tint...Banned for life! true story...
I got banned after my first post with my ClemsonPlayersBeatWomen handle. That was years ago, and I gave up trolling after that attempt.

I got banned after my first post with my ClemsonPlayersBeatWomen handle. That was years ago, and I gave up trolling after that attempt.
I got banned from CULosersLater.com. It took a while because I was always respectful while I taunted them for losing 5 straight. Funny, I'll still get an email from the site every now and then though I'm banned from it.

giphy.gif

Look at the video again. This is at the end of the game with no timeouts and Bentley jumped to run a play. He passed the protocol for the next week. That is different than a hobbled QB who is clearly playing not up to his normal potential because he is hampered by injury and it left him vulnerable for a big hit and concussion. You cannot compare the two. If Dabo is a good coach and cares about his players he will sit him and play the backups.

Yea, just ask Willy Korn.

SHilltiger;
What Dr. okayed Kyle Parker to play for St. Dabo with an injured
shoulder. Dabo's selfishness cost Parker his pro baseball career.
Dabo is a snakeoil salesman and his schitck will soon get old and
there will be 54 million reasons to regret he ever stumbled into
Tillman U.

Reactions: howard13
Y’all keep saying that. But I suspect Dabo will be at Clemson longer than Muschamp is in Columbia. And a lot of folks on this board will be still wishing he would go to Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT