ADVERTISEMENT

Dakereon Joyner NEEDS to Start Next Year

GarnetCocky1

Oct 3, 2015
I have seen enough of Bentley. He is not a good QB, and he will not get us over the hump. I don't know if it's due to coaching or his own inabilities, but I have simply seen enough from him. Tired of watching open receivers be overthrown, picks on "miscommunications", and him dancing around the field like a fairy when he actually makes a decent throw.

Bring on Dak!

If he is a 50% passer, it will still be an improvement, because his legs will force defenses to respect that. they know what we're going to do right now.
Btw, when does dak enroll? Is he coming in December?

Can't wait for tomorrow to hear Heath Cline explain that the receivers ran the wrong routes on the pick 6 and every incompletion.

Reactions: drawplay000
Dakereon Joyner Is not better than Jake Bentley. He will wait his turn, and Roper will ruin him just like he is doing to Jake. :(

40 & 3 high school career. Ran for a million yards, passed for half a million. He's the real deal.
Conner Mitch was supposedly the real deal to, but we saw how that turned out! I don't think that will happen to DJ but you never know.

If DJ isn’t scared to run then I say give him every opportunity to lead this team.

JB is scared. And to make it worse. After he hands off the ball he stops playing and watches the play. Good QB follow through with fakes, etc. sorry. He has never impressed me and last night was a huge reason we never had a chance.

We cannot have a RUn Pass Option offense with a QB that cannot run.

If we keep JB. Then gotta change offense .

I've watched him play every home game since his freshman year as I run the Jumbotron at FDHS. His passing is light years ahead of where it was then. I expect that growth to continue. Great kid on every level and a winner. Not sure what that means for the next level, but I think he's special and will be surprised if he comes up short of that in college. We'll see....

Dakereon Joyner Is not better than Jake Bentley. He will wait his turn, and Roper will ruin him just like he is doing to Jake. :(
Nobody else will start at QB while Jake is here as long as his dad is on the staff and that is BS. I have never been a fan of having a kid on a team where his dad coaches.

Reactions: rogue cock

I’m not for or against the op’s suggestion but what does “not better than Jake Bentley” mean? We got mule stomped last night and a majority of the blame goes on Bentley. I can’t imagine you yourself looking worse than him last night.

Nobody else will start at QB while Jake is here as long as his dad is on the staff and that is BS. I have never been a fan of having a kid on a team where his dad coaches.

There's a lot of truth to this. I think we're fortune he committed in the first place knowing the situation you mention. There needs to be a competition. It will only make Jake better.

If he is a 50% passer, it will still be an improvement, because his legs will force defenses to respect that. they know what we're going to do right now.
Btw, when does dak enroll? Is he coming in December?
Remember BMaC? He was a run threat but our offense was even worst under him. Joyner needs to develop properly. Hope he’s great day 1 but I’m not putting money on it, especially since he’s listed on some recruit sites as athlete not QB

Remember BMaC? He was a run threat but our offense was even worst under him. Joyner needs to develop properly. Hope he’s great day 1 but I’m not putting money on it, especially since he’s listed on some recruit sites as athlete not QB

BMAC had no Edwards, no Deebo , no RBs and an OLine that couldn’t block air . Tom Brady couldn’t score with that offense .

Reactions: rogue cock
We need Eason or sumbody with experence to transfer in.Jake is a back up at best right now.If he had a proven qb to study and learn from his chances for success would greatly improve

All I heard at the beginning of the season was Bentley looks good in practice and he doesn't miss and that our offense was goin to go fast. I got lied to .

I’m not for or against the op’s suggestion but what does “not better than Jake Bentley” mean? We got mule stomped last night and a majority of the blame goes on Bentley. I can’t imagine you yourself looking worse than him last night.
I agree with you that Jake is partly to blame for that disaster last night. But there's no doubt in my mind, that the kid can still play at a high level at the QB position. DJ is awesome and I believe his skills will translate onto this level, but I don't believe he will beat out Bentley next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT