ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Reeves RIP

While Reeves is probably worthy of the NFL Hall of Fame, he is not in the NFL Hall of Fame. One of 2 coaches with over 200 wins not in. Marth Shottenheimer is the other.

What might keep Reeves out is the fact that he is time for most NFL losses with Jeff Fisher. I hope he gets in. But as of now, he’s not in.

You don’t get to be #1 in losses without being a head coach for a very long time, and you don’t get to be a head coach that long without being a great coach. The NFL is a business - they cut bait fast when they see you no longer add value.

You don’t get to be #1 in losses without being a head coach for a very long time, and you don’t get to be a head coach that long without being a great coach. The NFL is a business - they cut bait fast when they see you no longer add value.
No doubt. I wasn’t being critical. But nobody wants that record either. Fisher had success in Tennessee, but struggled at the end of his career. For what it’s worth, Reeves has a higher winning percentage than Fisher. Both are big names in the NFL, and I hope Reeves is eventually inducted into the Hall of Fame.

I hope that’s incorrect but I would not be surprised if it were true. Dan never got the credit he deserved as a head coach mainly because of his humble demeanor.

Seems like his name should be put up somewhere in our stadium.
He was a humble man, but he was also very competitive. He and Mike Ditka were close buddies when they were at Dallas. I read where he and Mike would compete with each other in different games.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT