ADVERTISEMENT

Dang baseball just may do a complete 180 this season....

It was fun to watch us win like that after last season, but I won't get ahead of myself after just one game. I think we can make the postseason (like we should every year) but it's a very long season

Too early to tell. HC not that good. I believe half the hits were HRs. For the 1st day, they did what they had to, to win. I agree need to see them make contact a lot more.

went to the sec network clicked on Carolina scrolled down to the ball score, clicked on "watch live" boom there it was. Watched the softball game also.

I was hoping offensively, the incoming talent was better than returning players. And I believe it is.

Mlodzinski pitched efficiently going 7 innings on approx 85 pitches. The defense played well behind him with no errors. We can win a lot of games with pitching and defense. 8ks offensively is on par with the status quo for the majority of the season last year, and isn’t gonna cut it, but hey it’s early with a new hitting coach and approach.

Reactions: GeoCocky
I guess it is as a good a start as any. Can't believe that was our first opening day win since 2017. Winning those used to be automatic. May be a good sign.
That means we only lost two in a row... not much of a trend..?

Mlodzinski pitched efficiently going 7 innings on approx 85 pitches. The defense played well behind him with no errors. We can win a lot of games with pitching and defense. 8ks offensively is on par with the status quo for the majority of the season last year, and isn’t gonna cut it, but hey it’s early with a new hitting coach and approach.
I said in another thread the strikeouts concern me. This team is not the caliber of opponent where we should wind up with more strikeouts than hits at the end of the game. Fortunately they seemed completely lost against our pitching, and handed is most of our runs by walks (more WALKS THAN HITS TOO) and errors... It will be virtually impossible to beat teams like clemsun, UT and UGA if we have more strikeouts than hits. I could shrug it off as a potential first game anomaly if this was not an issue being carried over from last season... when considering the small number of returning players and the talent of the new guys.. if we struggle at the plate agin it is a direct indictment of COACHING. Our defense and pitching looked good last night and that will help keep us in a lot of games if that is the norm for this team, but we could not HIT THE BASEBALL last season and I hope these new guys will fix that issue. The results from last night did not instill a great deal of confidence in me. Not going to get too up or too down about this team until I see what we do vs clemsun. That is the most important non SEC series every year and I will have a lot more faith in this team if we can carry a strong record through the noncon and best them again.

The Clemson series was not a good indicator last year, nor will it be this year. When we start winning sec series consistently, that’d be reason to “get too up” about this team
Last year was an ofd circumstance. I stand by what I said- I will reserve judgement on this baseball team until we see if they beat clemsun again. You do you, that’s what I am about... Today was another good showing, hitting looked better

Last year was an ofd circumstance. I stand by what I said- I will reserve judgement on this baseball team until we see if they beat clemsun again. You do you, that’s what I am about... Today was another good showing, hitting looked better
What about the year before? Remember when we lost the series and made it to within a game of Omaha? Also not a good indicator. Just me doing me.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
What about the year before? Remember when we lost the series and made it to within a game of Omaha? Also not a good indicator. Just me doing me.
Again, believe whatever you want, IDGAF. I am telling you what I am doing- waiting to pass judgement until the clemsun series. I made no mention of how it would impact the final outcome of the season. I spoke only to my personal excitement level or lack there of, and whether we beat our rival or not has a lot to do with that.... so none of what you are talking about a bit of relevance to what I said...

Reactions: bushmastercock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT