ADVERTISEMENT

Da'Qon Stewart, a 6-foot-2, 192-pound wide receiver

UMass and Akron his other offers?? What the....?
I am sure ( or would hope ) that the coaches had him at camp and know what they are doing. He is welcomed to join us. His stock will likely rise, but this aint a star contest. It is what our coaches think and and if the player is ready to work . Welcome, Master Stewart !

Reactions: pettyw
I am sure ( or would hope ) that the coaches had him at camp and know what they are doing. He is welcomed to join us. His stock will likely rise, but this aint a star contest. It is what our coaches think and and if the player is ready to work . Welcome, Master Stewart !

I just don't know. I hear what you are saying about stars but shouldn't this be a call back guy if we can't get others? Don't mean to question a kids ability or try to match coaches ability to evaluate but we are in catch up mode to our two closest rivals.

Still way early I’m sure he’ll at least show 3 star talent or drop by the wayside at some point. Not sold on Champs coaching yet but he seems to evaluate talent pretty well.

I just don't know. I hear what you are saying about stars but shouldn't this be a call back guy if we can't get others? Don't mean to question a kids ability or try to match coaches ability to evaluate but we are in catch up mode to our two closest rivals.
I hear you. I would feel better if he was a three star , very excited if he was a four star , and dang right shattting on myself if he was a five star. But who knows, maybe the coaches know something we dont or see something early that others haven't seen yet. I am trying to hang in there, ….very diplomatic you see..

Reactions: gamecockblack
Wad up your panties and throw them in the corner when you finish knashing your teeth and ripping your garments. Look the kid is a junior. He has another year to show what he can do. If he's as bad as some suspect, the offer can be withdrawn. It could be the coaches see something that others haven't seen. What was Deebo rated? 2 star. Not sure but he didn't blow the doors off their hinges as a recruit.They must have seen something in him they saw that damn sure turned out ok.

Champ probably took his commitment in order to get some momentum for this weekend. Maybe have a higher recruited kid jump in as well. If this kid does not show out his senior year then Champ can cut bait and let him de-commit. You know just stop communicating with him. It all works out in the end...right?

Champ probably took his commitment in order to get some momentum for this weekend. Maybe have a higher recruited kid jump in as well. If this kid does not show out his senior year then Champ can cut bait and let him de-commit. You know just stop communicating with him. It all works out in the end...right?

Not attacking you, but that's a crap way to recruit. A couple years of that, and valuable relationships with high school coaches will be destroyed, and credibility on the recruiting trail will be lost.

I would more hope that Stewart is indeed a diamond in the rough, and works out as a future contributor. Fingers crossed.....

but...but...players that commit to USC always get bumped down a star!(some of the homers on here). Good thing Muschamp knows more than recruiting services, and all the other coaches in the NCAA (from that offer list).
And 5 stars only go to Clemson (or any other SC rival) because of bagmen and lying, cheating coaches.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

Reactions: idohvac2
Sidney Rice was a 3 star
Did they even have stars back then ? Seems like Sydney was very highly recruited, regardless of stars, certainly number one receiver in our state, and seems like the number one overall recruit too....?

HE WILL NOT END UP A 2 STAR BY THE TIME 2020 DECEMBER IS HERE. SOME OF YALL REALLY SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND THINK IS THIS HOW PATHETIC MY LIFE IS RIGHT NOW. THAT IM COMPLAINING ABOUT SOME 16 YEAR OLD WHO DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH STARS BY HIS NAME TO SATISFY ME ?
Half this board couldnt post at all if they had to post something positive.

HE WILL NOT END UP A 2 STAR BY THE TIME 2020 DECEMBER IS HERE. SOME OF YALL REALLY SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND THINK IS THIS HOW PATHETIC MY LIFE IS RIGHT NOW. THAT IM COMPLAINING ABOUT SOME 16 YEAR OLD WHO DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH STARS BY HIS NAME TO SATISFY ME ?
When you’re on a forum about college football and a sport built off College kids, you’re gonna complain about some odd stuff.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Sidney Rice was a 2 star at Gaffney

Don’t know this kid but if he’s a pivotal part of state championship football and basketball teams then I’ll be as excited about him as I was about Sidney Rice.

If you followed upstate high school ball there wasn’t a Gamecock fan that did that wasn’t excited about Rice.

Commits to the Gamecocks

So there are people on here who actually think that BMac and Bentley would take a commitment this early from a guy who is 2 star talent when we have 7 4star WRs on our current roster? So who do you think is "off" on this guy right now? The geeks that run these sites or coaches of a team that passed for over 500 yards against the national champion?

BTW, there are more 4 star WR flops than any other position I have seen while following recruiting for the last 25 years. Just go look at our last 10 or more recruiting classes and see if you remember half of the 4 star WR names that came and disappeared. clem has there share as well...their best WR is an unrated walk-on.

Show some intelligence people....you are embarrassing yourselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT