ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn looking for a grad transfer guard?

We only have three true guards on scholarship; Harris, Henderson, and Cooke. All are point guards. Beal can play guard but her true/best position is SF.

It has been reported Dawn is looking for graduate transfer who is immediately eligible and won’t clog up the roster moving forward.

bring back Tea or Bianca
I would be in favor of bringing Bianca back but I believe she wants to start or play major minutes. She would be a role or spot player here.

T’ea is a talent and if she had been able to play last year we may have repeated. She came here under, shall we say complex circumstances. She was going to be suspended for a year at UT or kicked off the team. DS took a gamble on her talent knowing her history. Neither of them seem pleased with the outcome. Wishing T’ea’s third coach in 4 years good luck. I doubt a top 15 program takes a risk on her.

I would be in favor of bringing Bianca back but I believe she wants to start or play major minutes. She would be a role or spot player here.

T’ea is a talent and if she had been able to play last year we may have repeated. She came here under, shall we say complex circumstances. She was going to be suspended for a year at UT or kicked off the team. DS took a gamble on her talent knowing her history. Neither of them seem pleased with the outcome. Wishing T’ea’s third coach in 4 years good luck. I doubt a top 15 program takes a risk on her.

Dawn won't take Te'a back! Period! Bianca either!

Cooper is a 5'8'' G. She is not a PG.
She does not shoot it well from the outside.
She has good moves to the basket but then
is only 5'8'' and trying to finish. She was not
someone who passed the ball nor did she
play defense well. I would not want her back
on the team under any circumstances. I think
she was a shell of what Dawn hoped she'd be getting.

Bianca J. is not better than the returning G's nor the
freshman coming in. Williams has underachieved her
entire Gamecock career. Se was a 6'4'' C who played
soft in the post and got pushed all over the court. She
may as well have been 5'11''.

Bianca Jackson has already signed to transfer to Florida State. We will have Ty, Brea, Des, Zia and Olivia that can play the 1 or 2 spot. We have Kiki, Brea and Laeticia that can play the 3. We have Lele, Victaria, Aliyah, Kiki, Laeticia and Elysa that can play the 4 and we really only have Aliyah that can play the 5. I think if we take a grad transfer, it will be a 4 or 5, but she make take a 2, also, for experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockylady50
Dawn won't take Te'a back! Period! Bianca either!
Did Jackson tick Dawn off? I thought she was transferring to get playing time. Being a former player I'm sure Dawn could understand that. Must be more to it if Dawn is ticked at her for transferring. Of course no turning back now as she has submitted paperwork to Fla St.

Bianca Jackson has already signed to transfer to Florida State. We will have Ty, Brea, Des, Zia and Olivia that can play the 1 or 2 spot. We have Kiki, Brea and Laeticia that can play the 3. We have Lele, Aaliyah, Kiki, Laeticia and Elysa that can play the 4 and we really only have Aaliyah that can play the 5. I think if we take a grad transfer, it will be a 4 or 5, but she make take a 2, also, for experience.
You forgot the most talented and versatile of the freshmen Laeticia Amihere!

Is Westbrook from Tennessee available? New coach at Tennessee means transfers will not have to sit out the following season.

Bianca Jackson has already signed to transfer to Florida State. We will have Ty, Brea, Des, Zia and Olivia that can play the 1 or 2 spot. We have Kiki, Brea and Laeticia that can play the 3. We have Lele, Aaliyah, Kiki, Laeticia and Elysa that can play the 4 and we really only have Aaliyah that can play the 5. I think if we take a grad transfer, it will be a 4 or 5, but she make take a 2, also, for experience.

What did Saxton do to tick you off? Laughing She was playing ahead of most of the returnees by the end of the year and will be our best returning rebounder.

Is Westbrook from Tennessee available? New coach at Tennessee means transfers will not have to sit out the following season.

Westbrook is visiting UCONN this weekend! Heard nothing about conversations with USC! Doesn't mean talks are not happening! The way Dawn and Law operate you won't hear anything unless there is a visit!

Did Jackson tick Dawn off? I thought she was transferring to get playing time. Being a former player I'm sure Dawn could understand that. Must be more to it if Dawn is ticked at her for transferring. Of course no turning back now as she has submitted paperwork to Fla St.

Coach Staley made zero effort to keep her from leaving! That's very revealing! KiKi is the only one she wanted to stay. Cooper was asked to leave!

Westbrook is visiting UCONN this weekend! Heard nothing about conversations with USC! Doesn't mean talks are not happening! The way Dawn and Law operate you won't hear anything unless there is a visit!
I don't see Westbrook starting at guard at UCONN. Her chances are better at USC if Dawn wants her.

Do we know yet if the center from UNC is going to transfer? Janelle Bailey would make a great additional to the 5 position. She may have to sit out a year but I can't imagine she is going to stay at that dumpster fire known as UNC women's basketball...

Do we know yet if the center from UNC is going to transfer? Janelle Bailey would make a great additional to the 5 position. She may have to sit out a year but I can't imagine she is going to stay at that dumpster fire known as UNC women's basketball...

As of yet Bailey has not entered her name in the transfer portal. Because of the coaching change, she would not have to sit out!

So we have currently:

1) PG Harris (Sr.)
2) PG Henderson (So.)
3) PG Cooke (Fr.)
4) W Beal (Fr.)
5) W Amihere (Fr.)
6) F Saxton (So.)
7) F Wesolek (So.)
8) F Grissett (Jr.)
9) F Herbert-Harrigan (Sr.)
10) P Boston (Fr.)

Plus PWO Thompson, who is a PG

Coach Staley has always stated that while she doesn't like having a full roster of 15 scholarship players, she has stated that a roster of 11 or 12 is a good size. If you only have 8-10 players, and 1 or 2 is injured, and then you have foul trouble, you'll be hard-pressed some games to have enough to field a starting 5. Regardless if we have 15 or 8 players, Wesolek and Thompson will not play an awful lot unless they blow up, and to do that they'll have to strike like lightening when they do get their few chances.

I would think another post player would be optimal, as at least we have 3 guards plus Thompkins which really make it 4 guards, but we only have Boston as a true post, and then players who belong at other positions would have to pretend to be posts when they are not. But I guess we'll see how it plays out....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT