ADVERTISEMENT

Mulkey is classless

JGH 35

Oct 22, 2013
Mulkey says she wishes Cordoso had pushed a Angel Reese instead. She is actually encouraging this type of thing. She should wish that nobody got pushed and incidents like this don't happen. Instead she encouages her players to play rough and dirty and to get into these types of altercations. Why didn't she take Reese out of the game when she was called for a flagrant foul for forearming Cordoso in the face? Just look at the difference in responses from Dawn Staley and Kim Mulkey to the incident in the SEC championship game.
Mulkey could stand to take some lessons in classiness from Dawn Staley.

Mulkey says she wishes Cordoso had pushed a Angel Reese instead. She is actually encouraging this type of thing. She should wish that nobody got pushed and incidents like this don't happen. Instead she encouages her players to play rough and dirty and to get into these types of altercations. Why didn't she take Reese out of the game when she was called for a flagrant foul for forearming Cordoso in the face? Just look at the difference in responses from Dawn Staley and Kim Mulkey to the incident in the SEC championship game.

There are several threads on this very issue. She stepped in it and has been called out by several national folks.

I have a sense her AD probably has talked to her behind the scenes and expressed some displeasure at what she said. We'll never know that and they will never say it.

I read she said something like "I am what I am" and " I say what's on my mind" yesterday on some local radio thing down there.

We excuse that from our politicians but not coaches and she should know better. She is "what she is" when she's at home, not when she's leading a group of people.

Last edited:
There are several threads on this very issue. She stepped in it and has been called out by several national folks.

I have a sense her AD probably has talked to her behind the scenes and expressed some displeasure.
No, this is the only thread on this issue. There are some posts within other threads on related subject matter that address it, but there are no other threads devoted to this issue.

I was specifically addressing the difference in classiness between Dawn Staley and Kim Mulkey.

No, this is the only thread on this issue. There are some posts within other threads on related subject matter that address it, but there are no other threads devoted to this issue.

I was specifically addressing the difference in classiness between Dawn Staley and Kim Mulkey.

okie dokie.

apparently Angel didnt want none. she was limping and headed to the far end of the bench while this was happening.

Cordoso, honestly, could probably put a hurtin on Devil Reese just as well. Reese will get her butt whipped quite a few times in the WNBA, if she doesn't get rid of her (I'm So Bad) attitude. Alleyah Boston and Asia Wilson are more than capable of beating Reese's punk ass. As for "Coach Trailer Park Trash", her true low life colors came shining through. She should be reprimanded by the SEC for her comment about Cordoso and Reese. That is sooo unprofessional!!!!

Cordoso, honestly, could probably put a hurtin on Devil Reese just as well. Reese will get her butt whipped quite a few times in the WNBA, if she doesn't get rid of her (I'm So Bad) attitude. Alleyah Boston and Asia Wilson are more than capable of beating Reese's punk ass. As for "Coach Trailer Park Trash", her true low life colors came shining through. She should be reprimanded by the SEC for her comment about Cordoso and Reese. That is sooo unprofessional!!!!
Hope it doesn't happen, but wouldn't it be ironic if Cordoso and Reese really square off on each other in the Final Four. Mulkey should be warned about possible monitary sanctions by the NCAA before the game, if the game ever happens this year.

I think a rematch would be kick a"". I would watch that game.
Trailer Park Mulkey will be trying to raise money for the L.S.U. NIL Fund by promoting a "Cage Match" between Reese and Cordoso after the season. I'm getting that Pay Per View!!! Did anybody see Mulkey with her make-up off in the L.S.U. practice on ch. 384 last night? She looks every bit of 90 years old- no lie. She must have consumed a lot of alcohol or smoked a lot of Camels over the past 25 years. She looks rode hard and put to bed wet!!!

Stories need villains. IMO, it's good we have to deal with a team like LSU. It does nothing but strengthen resolve both physically and mentally. We need to know how to deal with teams who play with that style and try to throw us off our game. We'll probably run into another one during the tournament.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Stories need villains. IMO, it's good we have to deal with a team like LSU. It does nothing but strengthen resolve both physically and mentally. We need to know how to deal with teams who play with that style and try to throw us off our game. We'll probably run into another one during the tournament.
Yes indeed. I think other teams understand we play with a lot of physicality so they attempt to match it when they play us. LSU likes to think they can match us but obviously they can’t. I heard a sports blogger refer to Cardoso as “Queen Kong.” I love it!

Reactions: turncock
They called it an “intentional foul”…..I was like WTH that’s flagrant. Someone on here posted the women’s game doesn’t have flagrant fouls any longer.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
Your boys at 107.5 had a CBS moron on air with some disparaging remarks about Cardoso. I sure hope no one listens to that joke of a radio station anymore.

Reactions: 67gamecock
They called it an “intentional foul”…..I was like WTH that’s flagrant. Someone on here posted the women’s game doesn’t have flagrant fouls any longer.
Pretty sure they do. Bayou Baby got called for one when she threw a vicious elbow into Cardoso's throat. It was upgraded upon replay review. Think we got 2 free throws and the ball back. Not sure what the pulled hair incident that the refs missed should have been called. That's a new one for me. Don't see that much.

I’m convinced the game plan was to create an ejection situation. Angel Reese calmly walked to the bench because she knew the rule about leaving the bench and once it escalated to the shove and ejection she had accomplished her goal. The hair pulling and elbows to the ribs and forearm to the face were all about getting in to Cardosa’s head. Mulkey wasn’t surprised the confrontation came just that it took so long.

Your boys at 107.5 had a CBS moron on air with some disparaging remarks about Cardoso. I sure hope no one listens to that joke of a radio station anymore.

I read about that. The station aired that going to commercial but has no control or even role in it. It's airs by CBS nationally.

Some were saying referring to her ethnicity like he did didn't require an apology. I thought it did because it was used in a negative way.

Even so, the station issued a written apology to Coach Staley about the situation and the person that said it also issued an apology. Coach acknowledged it.

Everyone upset about the comment wishing Cordoso would push Reese.....to me the worse comment was her stating it should have been Johnson and Fulwiley going at it.

Reactions: cocks rule
Screen_Shot_2022_09_27_at_11.51.07_AM.png

Tales-from-the-Crypt-The-Cryptkeeper.jpg

Mulkey is aggressive, sarcastic, rude, dismissive, disrespectful, inflammatory. Similar to some of Tom Herman's lesser traits. So a big part of it is really her personality.

On top of that, she was defensive of Baylor and dismissive of the sexual assault issues during Briles coaching run.

Mulkey is aggressive, sarcastic, rude, dismissive, disrespectful, inflammatory. Similar to some of Tom Herman's lesser traits. So a big part of it is really her personality.

It's interesting how traits that are looked at badly in a coach are looked at very positively in politicians and CEOs.

Maybe that’s why politicians have an “approval rating” now at an all-time low. As does the media.

But that's always the "other" politicians.

People hate Congress, but when they interview folks, they always say they love what their member of congress does (whatever they do- however they act-whatever they say) but they hate "those other ones"

People hate Congress, but when they interview folks, they always say they love what their member of congress does (whatever they do- however they act-whatever they say) but they hate "those other ones"
You don't see a distinction between those who support immigration, Ukraine, anti-American economic & foreign policy, experimental medications, censorship, and other corrupt actions and those who don't?

Last edited:

Whatever, but all polls taken many ways from many different groups show an all-time low “no confidence” vote with our politicians. I know a lot of folks who are concerned about what their congressmen/congresswomen do, at local, state and federal level.

You don't see a distinction between those who support immigration, Ukraine, anti-American economic & foreign policy, experimental medications, censorship, and other corrupt actions and those who don't?

The hundreds of different opinions on hundreds of different issues don't matter.

People generally say they hate Congress - "throw all the bums out" and think it's awful. But they generally love their own Congressional rep.

There is actually research on this phenomenon. It's called Fenno's paradox.

But below is just an old article about it.

Whatever, but all polls taken many ways from many different groups show an all-time low “no confidence” vote with our politicians. I know a lot of folks who are concerned about what their congressmen/congresswomen do, at local, state and federal level.

Oh, I agree with you.

we all know people- people on here might be like this - that wants to vote "all the bums out" - except for their own rep who they like.

I did use to work with a guy who never voted for the person in office. He was very consistent. You got one term and no matter what you were doing- he wasn't voting for you again. He applied to this to all elections (federal and state too) but our conversations where this came up were always about local races because that's what he liked to talk about.

How in the world did this Mulkey is trashy thread turn into politics? Unbelievable.

Not a political thread. Just interesting that personality traits seen as awful in one person, can be celebrated in others.

BTW - Opinion pieces and sports writing go hand in hand. Hundreds of articles over the years that the subject of the piece considered the information not correct.

Most of the time the article are pretty good and pretty revealing. Lots of these high profile people (coaches, commentators, etc) have troubled lives.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT