ADVERTISEMENT

Mulkey is classless

That's total bullshit. Every SEC team is made up of predominately black women. Yet it is only LSU that is being criticized. It has nothing to do with racism, sexism, or any other ism. This has to do with their behavior both on and off the court. It is their bad character and behavior that spawns this kind of criticism and nothing else. The sad part is it is encouraged and promoted by their classless head coach. She is supposed to be the adult to set the example for these developing young people and she is failing them miserably.

As The Post article well lays out - she holds grudges both personally and professionally and she can be an arrogant jerk personally and professionally.

She can hold a grudge against her dad for 37 years, and a grudge against a former player that tried to thank her for being her coach- well after that player had moved on.

But she wins a lot and that's all that matters to most people in everything.

As The Post article well lays out - she holds grudges both personally and professionally and she can be an arrogant jerk personally and professionally.

She can hold a grudge against her dad for 37 years, and a grudge against a former player that tried to thank her for being her coach- well after that player had moved on.

What exactly is your point? Van Lith whines about negative comments being racist when they clearly are not. There are 14 SEC teams - ALL ARE MADE UP OF PREDOMINATELY BLACK FEMALES. None of the other teams are being criticized in this manner, only LSU. It is clearly a result of their behavior and nothing else.

Reactions: stu1cocks

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a hit piece at all. LOL

What exactly is your point? Van Lith whines about negative comments being racist when they clearly are not. There are 14 SEC teams - ALL ARE MADE UP OF PREDOMINATELY BLACK FEMALES. None of the other teams are being criticized in this manner, only LSU. It is clearly a result of their behavior and nothing else.

She is what she is and as long as she wins, it doesn't matter what she does.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a hit piece at all. LOL

It's clearly not.

Saying someone holds grudges and explaining it by using evidence from her own father and sister- but also explaining how much they love her isn't evidence of a hit piece.

Saying she's one of the best coaches ever in the women's game regardless of her style is not evidence of a hit piece.

Quoting former players who have an issue with her style and personality and then balancing that out in the same article by quoting players that say she's the opposite is not evidence of a hit piece.

It's clearly not.

Saying someone holds grudges and explaining it by using evidence from her own father and sister- but also explaining how much they love her isn't evidence of a hit piece.

Saying she's one of the best coaches ever in the women's game regardless of her style is not evidence of a hit piece.

Quoting former players who have an issue with her style and personality and then balancing that out in the same article by quoting players that say she's the opposite is not evidence of a hit piece.

All the things you listed MAKE it a hit piece. You don't go digging into people's personal family lives to gather "evidence" on them to prove something negative unless you are writing a hit piece.

She obviously feels like it is, and you certainly aren't more qualified than she is to decide if something is a hit piece that has everything to do with her and not a damn thing to do with you. You don't know shit about the story behind any of the things in that article. She knows about all of it.

So, in summary, I'll take her word over some jackhole at a liberal propaganda media outlet and his mindless, mouth-breathing minions on the internet.

All the things you listed MAKE it a hit piece. You don't go digging into people's personal family lives to gather "evidence" on them to prove something negative unless you are writing a hit piece.

She obviously feels like it is, and you certainly aren't more qualified than she is to decide if something is a hit piece that has everything to do with her and not a damn thing to do with you. You don't know shit about the story behind any of the things in that article. She knows about all of it.

So, in summary, I'll take her word over some jackhole at a liberal propaganda media outlet and his mindless, mouth-breathing minions on the internet.

1) not true. Reporters write features on people all the time and explore the entire human being. To do that you have to talk to a variety of people, family, friends, coworkers, players, former players, former friends, fans, bosses, etc. Happens frequently in politics, but also in sports. You value it when it's about a politician you don't like.

A fair-minded person appreciates learning about the warts and the good stuff, not just flowery puff pieces that aren't an more total assessment of a human being. There are dozens of articles from LSU and Baylor beat writers about how great Kim Mulkey is and her opinion of herself is fully covered.

2) She can feel it was unfair and awful- and she can be wrong. Some coaches think everything not glowing is unfair. Some politicians think anything not overflowing with flowers and unicorns is an attack.

The person featured isn't objective. No reporter or anyone else can be afraid of how something will be perceived by a coach, or a politician, etc.

Puff piece coverage is the type of coverage that people viciously attack all the time on here when it involves Clemson based reporters covering Dabo Swinney.

3) You are free to take her word for it all you like. On the other hand, I prefer to hear her opinion but also the opinion of others around her- friends, family, coworkers, players, former players- to get a more complete view- not just her view of herself.

Last edited:
1) not true. Reporters write features on people all the time and explore the entire human being. To do that you have to talk to a variety of people, family, friends, coworkers, players, former players, former friends, fans, bosses, etc. Happens frequently in politics, but also in sports. You value it when it's about a politician you don't like.

A fair-minded person appreciates learning about the warts and the good stuff, not just flowery puff pieces that aren't an more total assessment of a human being.

2) She can feel it was unfair and awful- and she can be wrong. Some coaches think everything not glowing is unfair. Some politicians think anything not overflowing with flowers and unicorns is an attack.

The person featured isn't objective. No reporter or anyone else can be afraid of how something will be perceived by a coach, or a politician, etc.

3) You are free to take her word for it all you like. Some people want to be spoon-fed the sweet syrup and don't want to hear or read anything but sugar-plums. Others like a complete view of someone.

She can't be "wrong" about how she feels about it. It's her feelings and her call. Pretty sure she knows more about all of it than you or the writer.

I mean, I know you are a know-it-all lib contrarian with Republican daddy issues, but you don't know shit about any of it other than what someone wrote.

She can't be "wrong" about how she feels about it. It's her feelings and her call. Pretty sure she knows more about all of it than you or the writer.

I mean, I know you are a know-it-all lib contrarian with Republican daddy issues, but you don't know shit about any of it other than what someone wrote.

She can be wrong about thinking it's a hit piece. It's not a hit piece. It's not close.

She can hate it but it doesn't mean it's something it isn't.

She could "feel" the story make her father out to be a raving lunatic. But she'd be wrong because it didn't.

She could "feel" the story made her sister out to be a criminal. But she'd be wrong.

her "feelings" or whatever they are and she's welcome to them. But no one else has to agree with her feelings about something. That's not the way it works.

She can be wrong about thinking it's a hit piece. It's not a hit piece. It's not close.

She can hate it but it doesn't mean it's something it isn't.

She could "feel" the story make her father out to be a raving lunatic. But she'd be wrong because it didn't.

She could "feel" the story made her sister out to be a criminal. But she'd be wrong.

her "feelings" or whatever they are and she's welcome to them. But no one else has to agree with her feelings about something. That's not the way it works.

Because you were there and she wasn't, right?

You read an article so you know better?

Ridiculous. Just another know-it-all lib that loves eating the shit that the lib media feeds you.

Because you were there and she wasn't, right?

You read an article so you know better?

Ridiculous. Just another know-it-all lib that loves eating the shit that the lib media feeds you.

You've backed yourself into quite the corner.

No one has to "be there" to read a story and realize it's not a hit piece.

Because she "feels" something, doesn't make it true.

She could "feel" the story made her father out to be a raving lunatic. But she'd be wrong because it didn't.

her "feelings" are whatever they are and she's welcome to them. But no one else has to agree with her feelings about something. That's not the way it works.

You've backed yourself into quite the corner.

No one has to "be there" to read a story and realize it's not a hit piece.

Because she "feels" something, doesn't make it true.

She could "feel" the story made her father out to be a raving lunatic. But she'd be wrong because it didn't.

There is no "corner".

She knows what happened better than you or the writer. She says it's a hit piece. You don't know shit and have ZERO evidence to dispute her claim other than you read something.

So much for believing women.

There is no "corner".

She knows what happened better than you or the writer. She says it's a hit piece. You don't know shit and have ZERO evidence to dispute her claim other than you read something.

So much for believing women.
There is, and you backed yourself into it.

"She knows what happened better than you or the writer"

Totally irrelevant to the story. The story isn't about her opinion of herself, or just her view of her life.

"She says it's a hit piece'

It's not. She could say she felt it was "a wonderful story that showed how funny I am" and that wouldn't be true either.

"have ZERO evidence to dispute her claim other than you read something"

I don't have to prove anything. It's a sports feature about a coach.

There is, and you backed yourself into it.

"She knows what happened better than you or the writer"

Totally irrelevant to the story. The story isn't about her opinion of herself, or just her view of her life.

"She says it's a hit piece'

It's not. She could say she felt it was "a wonderful story that showed how funny I am" and that wouldn't be true either.

"have ZERO evidence to dispute her claim other than you read something"

I don't have to prove anything. It's a sports feature about a coach.

Mulkey accused Babb of trying to trick her former assistant coaches into speaking with him by giving them the false impression that Mulkey had acquiesced to being interviewed.

“When my former coaches spoke to him and found out that I wasn’t talking with the reporter, they were just distraught, and they felt completely misled,” Mulkey said.

Mulkey added that former players have told her that the Post “contacted them and offered to let them be anonymous in a story if they’ll say negative things about me.”

Shady shit. And I believe Mulkey.

HVL is just expressing her white guilt. It’s the thing to do these days for stupid white college students.

Reactions: JGH 35 and mikeypen
Mulkey accused Babb of trying to trick her former assistant coaches into speaking with him by giving them the false impression that Mulkey had acquiesced to being interviewed.

“When my former coaches spoke to him and found out that I wasn’t talking with the reporter, they were just distraught, and they felt completely misled,” Mulkey said.

Mulkey added that former players have told her that the Post “contacted them and offered to let them be anonymous in a story if they’ll say negative things about me.”

Shady shit. And I believe Mulkey.

I don't have any reason to believe Mulkey - or not believe her.

I will say, if someone called me to ask about my boss, I think basic due diligence would be for me to take the person's number and contact information, and then tell them I need to check with my boss, then if he/she is ok with it, I'd be glad to talk. I wouldn't just assume my boss was ok with it. But that's me.

All that is irrelevant.

It was a very interesting and deep dive that detailed good parts and parts that some might not see as positive. In other words, she's human.

That's why even reporters that cover LSU and other programs have said it wasn't a hit piece at all.

I don't have any reason to believe Mulkey - or not believe her.

I will say, if someone called me to ask about my boss, I think basic due diligence would be for me to take the person's number and contact information, and then tell them I need to check with my boss, then if he/she is ok with it, I'd be glad to talk. I wouldn't just assume my boss was ok with it. But that's me.

All that is irrelevant.

It was a very interesting and deep dive that detailed good parts and parts that some might not see as positive. In other words, she's human.

That's why even reporters that cover LSU and other programs have said it wasn't a hit piece at all.

The 2-year odyssey was dedicated effort to show that a Women's College Basketball Coach was human?

Nah. He was aiming for the homophobic angle and other inflammatory goodies WaPo is known for.

Unfortunately for him, she checked it in advance and they had to water down the propaganda.

The article fell flat Dave. There's probably more people talking about it on this site than anywhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeypen
She is what she is and as long as she wins, it doesn't matter what she does.
Again what is your point? Your reply has nothing to do with what I posted regarding Van Lith's statement. Take your Ritalin and try to stay focused.

Again what is your point? Your reply has nothing to do with what I posted regarding Van Lith's statement. Take your Ritalin and try to stay focused.

Most of her players- most players of any coach- are going to defend their coach any way they can. I can't defend her statement because I don't know what she thinks about the situation or what she's seen other than what she said.

As a reminder, I don't respond as you or anyone how they want me to respond. I've made that very clear over the years. I answer the way I want.

She is what she is and as long as she wins, it doesn't matter what she does- as I have repeatedly said.

As I also said, just like politicians these days- it doesn't matter what coaches do or say if they can win enough.

Yep- of course it wasn't a hit piece.

When even LSU reporters are saying it wasn't a hit piece and was more positive than Mulkey let on- and a few Gamecock fans are calling it unfair and a hit piece, you know there is only one possible explanation: the few fans are making it up because they backed themselves into a corner and now aren't willing to admit the obvious.

Most of her players- most players of any coach- are going to defend their coach any way they can. I can't defend her statement because I don't know what she thinks about the situation or what she's seen other than what she said.

As a reminder, I don't respond as you or anyone how they want me to respond. I've made that very clear over the years. I answer the way I want.

She is what she is and as long as she wins, it doesn't matter what she does- as I have repeatedly said.

As I also said, just like politicians these days- it doesn't matter what coaches do or say if they can win enough.
Then make a new post. Don't respond to another poster with comments completely unrelated to that post. That is just plain stupid.

Then make a new post. Don't respond to another poster with comments completely unrelated to that post. That is just plain stupid.

Yep- of course it wasn't a hit piece.

When even LSU reporters are saying it wasn't a hit piece and was more positive than Mulkey let on- and a few Gamecock fans are calling it unfair and a hit piece, you know there is only one possible explanation: the few fans are making it up because they backed themselves into a corner and now aren't willing to admit the obvious.

Let us know the next time WaPo does a friendly 2-year deep dive of a "conservative" figure.

They employed the exact same unprofessional tactics they usually do but got called out and had to pivot.

As a reminder, I'll call you out on it every time you do it to one of my posts.

As a reminder, I'll call you out on it every time you do it to one of my posts.
And I'll respond as I choose- as I always do. You'll figure that out eventually. But I'll keep reminding you of it. LOL

And I'll respond as I choose- as I always do. You'll figure that out eventually. But I'll keep reminding you of it. LOL
And I'll continue to make you look like an idiot, which admittedly isn't that difficult.

And I'll continue to make you look like an idiot, which admittedly isn't that difficult.
The only thing your posts do is make yourself look like an idiot- which isn't a revelation. LOL

But you'll get over it-or not.

Last edited:
HVL is just expressing her white guilt. It’s the thing to do these days for stupid white college students.

nah- maybe she just believes it and is sticking to her opinion no matter what anyone else says.

You know- the thing that people normally say they like - when someone takes a stand and sticks to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT