ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley, You are great. We love you. Please coach some basic defense skills.

We needed to play a matchup zone against UCONN or maybe a switching diamond and one with the one covering the hot outside shooter - Samuelson, mostly.

It is not always offense.
My assumption is that you started following the team since A'ja arrived.
For the first six years here We were the best the best defensive team in the conference. Played constant pressure. We also were small, no bigs, and limited offensively.
Our games rarely got in the 60's and we won ugly. As we got better Dawn was able to recruit bigs and more offense. Next year I predict we will be great defensively but limited on O. Style of play follows personnel

For the first six years here We were the best the best defensive team in the conference. Played constant pressure. We also were small, no bigs, and limited offensively.
Our games rarely got in the 60's and we won ugly. As we got better Dawn was able to recruit bigs and more offense. Next year I predict we will be great defensively but limited on O. Style of play follows personnel

No matter what you say, my friend, if she does not change her style for that one game, every year, against UConn, she will get spanked by Geno.

We had one of the greatest defensive team in the history of college basketball last year. We didn't have the defensive wings this year, but we still held our opponents in the SEC tournament, all ranked, to an average of 30% shooting. The lack of perimeter defense eventually caught up to us against a excellent shooting team.

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT