ADVERTISEMENT

deleted because some folks can't open their eyes

Whether the OP is a tater or not, I don't care. Whether what he's saying is true or not, doesn't matter until we know for sure. One thing I can't help but wonder is we have to do something before Spurrier retires. I think it's delusional to think his age isn't hurting recruiting. I think we need a head coach in waiting, but that's just my opinion.

Whether the OP is a tater or not, I don't care. Whether what he's saying is true or not, doesn't matter until we know for sure. One thing I can't help but wonder is we have to do something before Spurrier retires. I think it's delusional to think his age isn't hurting recruiting. I think we need a head coach in waiting, but that's just my opinion.

No, if you think Spurrier isn't aware of this and that other schools are using it against him you are a fool.

I say let him deal with it and let's see how this season and recruiting ends up before you jump off the ledge and demand things that aren't yet necessary.

Don't think I was demanding anything and I'm not jumping off any ledge anytime soon. I live and am currently on the beach, so I don't even think that's possible lol. Just think we should be proactive and not reactive.
No, if you think Spurrier isn't aware of this and that other schools are using it against him you are a fool.

I say let him deal with it and let's see how this season and recruiting ends up before you jump off the ledge and demand things that aren't yet necessary.

Reactions: conCOCKshon
So we are changing the subject? Like said before. If we pull in another top twenty class than we have nothing to worry about. If not we should probably be worried. No HCIW is going to fix the situation. It's just going to have to play out good or bad.

So we are changing the subject? Like said before. If we pull in another top twenty class than we have nothing to worry about. If not we should probably be worried. No HCIW is going to fix the situation. It's just going to have to play out good or bad.
I thought rankings didn't matter?

It's definitely not going to happen before the season now. I wanted to post a new thread on this, but I thought it fit in. The wait and see approach bothers me on many levels. If we have another top 20 class then I will be happy. I want the #1 class and I don't think we should expect anything less. Whether that's realistic or not we should at least do everything we can to get it. I'm not saying the coaches aren't trying and aren't aware of outsiders recruiting against his age. My problem is what are we doing about it? It's one thing to be aware, it's quite another to do something about it.

Reactions: ReadR00ster
I thought rankings didn't matter?
They don't. In the end the only thing that matters is results. But if someone is trying to paint a picture that our coaches don't care about recruiting or try hard and they are still pulling in top 20 recruiting classes, that just goes to show that person doesn't know wth he is talking about. Stop trying to confuse the issue. This is specific complaint about our coaching staff's recruiting practices. This isn't a general complaint about the coaches.

Last edited:
It's definitely not going to happen before the season now. I wanted to post a new thread on this, but I thought it fit in. The wait and see approach bothers me on many levels. If we have another top 20 class then I will be happy. I want the #1 class and I don't think we should expect anything less. Whether that's realistic or not we should at least do everything we can to get it. I'm not saying the coaches aren't trying and aren't aware of outsiders recruiting against his age. My problem is what are we doing about it? It's one thing to be aware, it's quite another to do something about it.
The coaches are going to do about it whatever they are going to do. If you think they should be trying to butter up every recruit we can like Dabo and his boys, it's just not going to happen. Our coaches don't have that used car salesmen personality that you admire so much and they don't think they need it.

I think if you read some of my other posts you would see that I don't want us sucking up to kids. It just appears that's the way of the world now. I want to win the SEC Championship. Other schools in this conference are beating us to the punch in recruiting. It's obvious to me, but maybe I'm just stupid.
The coaches are going to do about it whatever they are going to do. If you think they should be trying to butter up every recruit we can like Dabo and his boys, it's just not going to happen. Our coaches don't have that used car salesmen personality that you admire so much and they don't think they need it.

I think if you read some of my other posts you would see that I don't want us sucking up to kids. It just appears that's the way of the world now. I want to win the SEC Championship. Other schools in this conference are beating us to the punch in recruiting. It's obvious to me, but maybe I'm just stupid.
It's not "way of the world." Not in my opinion. Some coaches operate that way, but the teams that recruit the best are always the ones that win consistently year after year. A vast amount of schmoozing is not required. We are not a top recruiting team because we are South Carolina. We haven't won any championships. We are a recruiting much better lately because Spurrier is respected because HE has won a lot and we have won a lot of games recently under him. It's pretty much that simple.

Now the way we played last season and Spurrier's retirement loom is going to put a dent in that plan. No amount of schmoozing is going to get us out of it. Our coaches will have to try to do more, with less and rebound from last year and the recruiting should get better again if that happens.

Last edited:
It's not "way of the world." Not in my opinion. Some coaches operate that way, but the teams that recruit the best are always the ones that win consistently year after year. A vast amount of schmoozing is not required. We are not a top recruiting team because we are South Carolina. We haven't won any championships. We are a recruiting much better lately because Spurrier is respected because HE has won a lot and we have won a lot of games recently under him. It's pretty much that simple.

Now the way we played last season and Spurrier's retirement loom is going to put a dent in that plan. No amount of schmoozing is going to get us out of it. Our coaches will have to try to do more, with less and rebound from last year and the recruiting should get better again if that happens.
After Clowney, we quit recruiting.

Did you really just post that? That has to take the prize as the worst post of the year!
Yes, I really did. Take your garnet colored-glasses off. Go look at the roster when Clowney was a frosh. Then, go look at our current roster. It's not even close, and last year's record reflected it. This year will be worse.

You know, you can be fan and cheer them on. You can be fan and and hope they win. You can be fan and have a great time talking about how great a championship will be. You can be fan and and cry or gnash teeth when they lose. But, you can be fan and also at the same time recognize facts. Our staff isn't as good as 4-5 years ago and neither is our roster.

Reactions: Edistoplayer
Odd SOS keeps getting top 20 recruiting classes when he's as inept as some claim.

Yes, I really did. Take your garnet colored-glasses off. Go look at the roster when Clowney was a frosh. Then, go look at our current roster. It's not even close, and last year's record reflected it. This year will be worse.

You know, you can be fan and cheer them on. You can be fan and and hope they win. You can be fan and have a great time talking about how great a championship will be. You can be fan and and cry or gnash teeth when they lose. But, you can be fan and also at the same time recognize facts. Our staff isn't as good as 4-5 years ago and neither is our roster.
I can't see your roster...can you post a link....? Your staff has some problems I am sure but it has nothing to do with the Gamecock staff. I would think your fellow fan base might be able to help you out though. You should get off FGF for a while and go visit them....

The OP is so FOS and I see conCockshon is now over here after he got banned from the other site for making fun of people with disabilities. I'm surprised they let that loser on this site post.

Merely top 20 classes (15-20) translate to the middle to bottom third of the SEC. If we want to compete for championships we need to aim for top 10 classes, at least every few years.

Odd SOS keeps getting top 20 recruiting classes when he's as inept as some claim.
Top twenty classes certainly help, but you still have to find a way to win with that kind of talent. It also makes it harder when a #19 national average only puts at like #7-8 in your conference every year. It should be good enough to get the job done if the coaches do a good job developing and team building. As I have said and will continue to say, recruiting is not our issue. It's not an acceptable excuse. Getting outcoached is more of an issue.

Merely top 20 classes (15-20) translate to the middle to bottom third of the SEC. If we want to compete for championships we need to aim for top 10 classes, at least every few years.
No, we need coaches that can coach the talent better. If we are top 20 there should not be that much of a talent gap with top 10 classes. We certainly can't be doing what had the last few years and let our LBs leave and have a bunch of freshmen try to replace them and then go through the same again the next year with DE and CB. The next wave of players need to be ready at every position every year.

There's more to it than just recruiting better. Just ASK Dattaboy. Heck for that matter ask Missouri ' coach. They are never in the top 30 recruiting.

Sorry to be the messages with the bad news but he must not be worth the tour of the campus. Duke might love the kid because of his academics and Clemson love sticking their nose up everyone's ass.

Good points..........If Duke wants a player, I'd prefer we didn't. (and I don't even know who the he!! we are talking about). I do know if Jonez posted it, it's garbage cause he's the anti-Gamecock)

Most of the trash talk I've seen is by so-called SC fans calling other SC fans a tater every time something is posted that's not a glowing affirmation of either SC or SOS.

And right on cue.....concockshon jumps in. He's a real fan of course cause if it's negative about the Gamecocks he's "all in."

And concockshon brilliantly points out the names on our roster now are vastly different from the ones on the roster when JD was here. You have no clue how this year will turn out............but I do have a clue how you hope it will turn out. If we win 7 games and lose to the taters, you will be happy cause you'd rather be the cynical so called fan.

Thought stars and rankings don't matter? Obviously, didn't help last year.

It's called players not performing to their capabilities. Plus, we didn't quit recruiting, rankings are one way to see how you compared. Plus, Clowney was the top ranked recruit in the country, you are not gonna get that every year. I'm a fan, but I'm also realistic and don't constantly berate my team, then tell everyone who doesn't agree with me that they don't know what they are talking about! We may not be an 11+ win team this year, but we WILL be much improved.

Again I reference Korn. The remarks attributed to a couple more attendees he interviewed don't reflect the views of RR's reference. These guys are very positive and when I couple their comments with the fact we got two commits who must have been impressed I don't put much validity in the trashing RR's acquatintence gave the showcase. Again, RR digs deep and wide to constantly find anything negative to cast a bad light on our program.

Everything is great. We doing all the right things.

:rolleyes:
No, you deleted the post because of either one of the following or a combination of all:

1. The post was an outright lie.
2. The young man and/or his father embellished the visit and you embellished further.
3. You're too weak to stand up for the words you post.

Last edited:
Good points..........If Duke wants a player, I'd prefer we didn't. (and I don't even know who the he!! we are talking about). I do know if Jonez posted it, it's garbage cause he's the anti-Gamecock)

That's asanine. Almost every big recruit has a boat load of offers from smaller schools. To say you wouldn't want a player just because Duke is interested is just absurd

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT