ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson or Pat Mahomes?

I'd want Allen to have another year like this one before putting him ahead of Watson. As much as I'm anti-tater, I wish the Cowboys had a shot at getting Watson.

I hadn't really thought about it, but the AFC does seem to have a definite advantage re: future quarterback play.

As a Cowboys fan, I’d love to have Watson as our QB. Won’t happen. He’s leaving Houston because the team makes big decisions without telling him. He learns about decisions from Twitter.

Dallas is very similar to Houston in this regard. The decision makers are old school, my way or the highway. Players and coaches should know their place in the pecking order. Watson would never play for Dallas for this reason.

Reactions: duckcock2.0.0
As a Cowboys fan, I’d love to have Watson as our QB. Won’t happen. He’s leaving Houston because the team makes big decisions without telling him. He learns about decisions from Twitter.

Dallas is very similar to Houston in this regard. The decision makers are old school, my way or the highway. Players and coaches should know their place in the pecking order. Watson would never play for Dallas for this reason.
Dallas should try to trade Jerry Jones for Watson, that would be compelling

Reactions: classof95#
Yesterday at the end of the game Mahomes was keeping his guys off the field. He was on the sideline pepping up the defense. When a receiver makes a bad play, he goes over and tells them it ok and then throws them the ball. In other words he is a leader by example. Watson, not so much. He pouts and doesn’t do the stuff Mahomes does. Basically Cam II.
Their physical skills are probably more similar than diverse. But Mahomes elevates a team, makes it a team. Watson not so much.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Yesterday at the end of the game Mahomes was keeping his guys off the field. He was on the sideline pepping up the defense. When a receiver makes a bad play, he goes over and tells them it ok and then throws them the ball. In other words he is a leader by example. Watson, not so much. He pouts and doesn’t do the stuff Mahomes does. Basically Cam II.
Their physical skills are probably more similar than diverse. But Mahomes elevates a team, makes it a team. Watson not so much.
Give Watson mahomes team and he could do the same as mahomes. Your fooling yourself to think otherwise. To say Watson is not a good leader is laughable. Take the red color hater shades off.

Give Watson mahomes team and he could do the same as mahomes. Your fooling yourself to think otherwise. To say Watson is not a good leader is laughable. Take the red color hater shades off.

I still don't think so, and I'm not badmouthing Watson other than him being a tater. But I think Mahomes is more accurate, especially on the move. I think someone made that point earlier in the thread, about Mahomes accuracy while on the move.

Surprise genius. I actually like the Chiefs. Tell me exactly how many Super Bowls Watson has played in and won? Watson had a stout defense and great receivers and did what with them? I will wait. And just because we disagree doesn’t mean either of us is wrong....or right. It’s an opinion. No more no less. Take your Mahomes envy shades off

Surprise genius. I actually like the Chiefs. Tell me exactly how many Super Bowls Watson has played in and won? Watson had a stout defense and great receivers and did what with them? I will wait. And just because we disagree doesn’t mean either of us is wrong....or right. It’s an opinion. No more no less. Take your Mahomes envy shades off
I would expect a football genius like you to realize that the game is won in the trenches. You might also like to know that when Watson had receivers he had one of the worst lines in the nfl. Facts are facts. I never said mahomes wasn’t a good qb he is the best. Just he has excellent surrounding on both sides of the ball. Watson has NEVER been able to say that. Not to mention mahomes has one of the best coaches in the business. All I’m saying is give Watson that team and he would equal mahomes.

Watson is a Moon, Esiason, type....GREAT QB, but Mahomes is Elway/Marino/and Montana right now. God, the NFL will never have QB’s simultaneously like that anymore. But anyway, IMO, Pat would be 4th to 5th at best among that crowd, unless he was still winning a SB or maybe two, which he wouldn’t, because the Niners and Cowboys would still be winning them all.

I would be interested to get peoples take on Lamar. To me to jury is still out. Obviously he is elite in his rushing and scrambling skills but I do not see Baltimore winning a championship with him unless his throwing skills, reading defenses, etc. improves.

I love the guy. Hell of a competitor and fearless. Also seems to command the respect of his teammates. When he first came out I thought he was much bigger than he actually is. I just hope he can stay healthy. If he does he has a chance to get a ring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT