ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss UNC getting the death penalty?

Their penalty is expected this Friday
Heard Heath say that UNC had some other something going on this Friday and would likely be telling the No Cahones At All people that this Friday wasn't going to be good for them.

here is their (loved by the NCAA) penalty..
giphy.gif

And then the new commission on fixing what's wrong with college basketball will be filled with people associated with UNC basketball and its sycophants. I wouldn't be surprised if ole Roy himself ends up on it.

And then the new commission on fixing what's wrong with college basketball will be filled with people associated with UNC basketball and its sycophants. I wouldn't be surprised if ole Roy himself ends up on it.[/QU
Just had a good friend tell me who is connected to the inner sanctum, that they would have to take down the 2005 & 2009 championship banners down. They plan to fight it out in court and they believe they will get them back.

If having players FOR YEARS staying in school via classes that are not real does not draw hells fire for them...they should disband the ncaa Bc at that point there are no rules.
SMU was kids play along side this

Not sure why folks don't imagine the NCAA will burn UNC down for this. The original problem was that UNC had a strong case that the academic fraud was university-wide and therefore wasn't specific to athletic matters. But the NCAA decided on the third attempt to go back in and treat it as though it does clearly relate to the athletic programs. I wouldn't be at all surprised if at least one program is given the death penalty. Presumably, UNC will have to forfeit all basketball championships for roughly the past 25 years because they've had ineligible players involved. Look for a 50 million dollar fine, 3 years for the men's program. Loss of 2 scholarships each year for those 3 years. It won't break the men's side of things, but it will hurt. They'll have a more difficult time stockpiling mickey d players.

Not sure why folks don't imagine the NCAA will burn UNC down for this. The original problem was that UNC had a strong case that the academic fraud was university-wide and therefore wasn't specific to athletic matters. But the NCAA decided on the third attempt to go back in and treat it as though it does clearly relate to the athletic programs. I wouldn't be at all surprised if at least one program is given the death penalty. Presumably, UNC will have to forfeit all basketball championships for roughly the past 25 years because they've had ineligible players involved. Look for a 50 million dollar fine, 3 years for the men's program. Loss of 2 scholarships each year for those 3 years. It won't break the men's side of things, but it will hurt. They'll have a more difficult time stockpiling mickey d players.
The period of academic fraud was 18 years, but the NCAA focused on only half that time from 2002-2011. I seriously doubt any sport will get the death penalty. The NCAA just doesn't do that anymore. But, if the basketball program is implicated, they could be stripped of their national titles from either 2005 or 2009, if not both, plus suffer post-season bans, loss of scholarships, etc.

Not holding by breath though. The NCAA has been absolute wimps about issuing meaningful punishments, even when the programs are clearly guilty.

The period of academic fraud was 18 years, but the NCAA focused on only half that time from 2002-2011. I seriously doubt any sport will get the death penalty. The NCAA just doesn't do that anymore. But, if the basketball program is implicated, they could be stripped of their national titles from either 2005 or 2009, if not both, plus suffer post-season bans, loss of scholarships, etc.

Not holding by breath though. The NCAA has been absolute wimps about issuing meaningful punishments, even when the programs are clearly guilty.
IMO, stripping titles is meaningless until you can "unplay" the games.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT