ADVERTISEMENT

Did Ray Tanner fail to tell Holbrook and Kingston

Brooster

Sep 19, 2010
how you're suppose to warm the bats before the game? I know Jack leg took exception to it, but Ray managed to get by without getting caught. Could be the difference in a .180 batting average vs .280. Amirite?

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
how you're suppose to warm the bats before the game? I know Jack leg took exception to it, but Ray managed to get by without getting caught. Could be the difference in a .180 batting average vs .280. Amirite?
Fire Tanner for not conveying this info.

Yeah that damned cheatin' Ray Tanner took advantage of saintly Jack Leggett. No wonder he owned Clemson. Then went on to win two championships by heating his bats. Thanks for reminding everybody how Tanner became successful. You nailed it.

By the way the team is batting .268. Does that mean we can expect .368 with Ray Tanner specials?

Yeah that damned cheatin' Ray Tanner took advantage of saintly Jack Leggett. No wonder he owned Clemson. Then went on to win two championships by heating his bats. Thanks for reminding everybody how Tanner became successful. You nailed it.

By the way the team is batting .268. Does that mean we can expect .368 with Ray Tanner specials?
There is not a numrical value that can be assigned to it. For you doctors out there, it's kinda like cholesterol values. You take statins to lower cholesterol. You can't guarantee a certain numerical value, but we know it helps. It's fact that Ray warmed the bats. Don't think he did this to lower hitting averages. You people need to pull your head out the sand. Ray is all about protecting HIS legacy.

There is not a numrical value that can be assigned to it. For you doctors out there, it's kinda like cholesterol values. You take statins to lower cholesterol. You can't guarantee a certain numerical value, but we know it helps. It's fact that Ray warmed the bats. Don't think he did this to lower hitting averages. You people need to pull your head out the sand. Ray is all about protecting HIS legacy.

Where is your documentation? Leggett came up with that BS because Jackie Bradley, Jr. hit a home run against them. Tanner was furious about the accusation. You don't have your head in the sand, but as the old cartoon used to say "Your problem is obvious".

Where is your documentation? Leggett came up with that BS because Jackie Bradley, Jr. hit a home run against them. Tanner was furious about the accusation. You don't have your head in the sand, but as the old cartoon used to say "Your problem is obvious".
Tater catcher picked the bat up and lt was hot. He then told Jack. What did Tanner get furious for? The bat was hot. It is what it is.

Tater catcher picked the bat up and lt was hot. He then told Jack. What did Tanner get furious for? The bat was hot. It is what it is.

Yeah, good one.

I love trolls that write things like "Tater catcher..." yep you must be an S.C. fan you used the word tater. Yes Clemson said they actually noticed the warm bats the night before. The bat was so warm the umpire picked up the bat and handed it to JB, Jr. and said there was nothing wrong with the bats. Clemson complained about everything that year, they said that they used Easton bats and S.C.'s bats (Rawlings) were livelier. I think most people recognized Leggett was using everything possible to keep from losing to South Carolina after S.C. won the the national championship and booted Clemson out of Omaha in back to back wins against Leggett's team.

The catcher CLAIMED it was hot. Nothing was ever proven. The run stayed on the board and JBJr stayed in the game.

CRT got furious because this was the straw that broke the camel's back in regard to "shenanigans" that JackLegg had pulled over the years.

The catcher CLAIMED it was hot. Nothing was ever proven. The run stayed on the board and JBJr stayed in the game.

CRT got furious because this was the straw that broke the camel's back in regard to "shenanigans" that JackLegg had pulled over the years.
We would beaten Clemson then with tobacco sticks.

Yeah, good one.

..,The bat was so warm the umpire picked up the bat and handed it to JB, Jr. and said there was nothing wrong with the bats.
We know that umpires are always straight shooters, don't we.

how you're suppose to warm the bats before the game?
1989cerrano7-copy1.jpg

Reactions: Out of Conference
How are the bats carried to the dugout from the bus? In my day there was one bag. It had all the bats plus balls, catchers equipment, and anything else that would fit. By the time my nephew came along, every player had his own bat, glove, and whatever else would fit in their own personal bag. So in this bat warming escapade, How are the bats kept, and transported? Does every player have his own “bat and case” to carry it in or what? I’m talking about something like a golf club head cover. I’m trying to see how exactly one would go about warming their bat. How is that even possible?

How are the bats carried to the dugout from the bus? In my day there was one bag. It had all the bats plus balls, catchers equipment, and anything else that would fit. By the time my nephew came along, every player had his own bat, glove, and whatever else would fit in their own personal bag. So in this bat warming escapade, How are the bats kept, and transported? Does every player have his own “bat and case” to carry it in or what? I’m talking about something like a golf club head cover. I’m trying to see how exactly one would go about warming their bat. How is that even possible?
Simple, they stood them up in the sun beside the dugout. The good ole sun warmed them up naturally.

Reactions: bushmastercock
you seem to be mighty interested in bats. Are you the type that plays with your own ding-a-ling?

You seem peculiarly interested in my ding-a-ling. It's pretty obvious who has the strange preoccupation with bats since you made another bizarre reference about bats in the "Easily the best win in Kingston era" thread. It makes more sense now, you just want to talking about warming people's bats in a homoerotic sense. People on here thought you were talking baseball.

You seem peculiarly interested in my ding-a-ling. It's pretty obvious who has the strange preoccupation with bats since you made another bizarre reference about bats in the "Easily the best win in Kingston era" thread. It makes more sense now, you just want to talking about warming people's bats in a homoerotic sense. People on here thought you were talking baseball.
Are you a little light in your loafers?

Ok. I Googled the whole bat warming thing. Voila! There is a company that sells them. It works the same as keeping a covered dish warm by using a microwaved pak of something inserted into a custom made sleeve/case for the bat that warms it, and stays warm for about 8 hours. When I played HS ball, we had 1 aluminum bat. 1! They were just starting to come out then around 1974. We never ever thought about warming any bats. Come to think about it, I am not even sure we had a microwave in our home yet. Dang! I guess that means I'm officially old!

My question is this: Is warming your bat(s) actually illegal? If so, why if it is so easily done now that anyone could do it if they desired?

Missing in this ridiculous thread is any evidence that a warm bast delivers more or harder hits than an ambient temperature bat. Is there any proof of that? Can anyone explain the physics of the claimed phenomenon?

The thread starts off with an all too often slam at Tanner. Where do people like the OP find all that animosity? We seem to have developed the most suicidal fan base in college sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT