ADVERTISEMENT

Did the Champ really

What about the Bowl?
On the game logs I saw the Akron game was the 4th game. I dont understand what's so hard for yall to understand that he couldve played the bowl game if he would've sat the Akron game and still red shirted. It's not freaking rocket science.

On the game logs I saw the Akron game was the 4th game. I dont understand what's so hard for yall to understand that he couldve played the bowl game if he would've sat the Akron game and still red shirted. It's not freaking rocket science.
Akron or the bowl game would have been his 5th game. It’s not rocket science

Reactions: rogue cock
Did he play against UGA? I was there but I dont think I ever saw him but of course its impossible to keep up from the stands.
Yes he played at UGA. Boom knew we needed him for Bowl game, so he was gonna play in 5 games no matter what so he might as well play in 6 games including Akron.

Reactions: rogue cock
Guys I'm laughing on this one...Belk has shown on the fold NADA that he will be a 3 year player and gone...most of you guys that with all due respect that never played past HS or not at all get way to caught up in evaluating 16,17 year old kids...once you get to College I can promise you this an NFL scout could care less if he's a 2 star or 5 Star ...simply what they do on the field... not an early Impressions even though they are way early I do not see any Mean Streak or aggressiveness... and you don't see a lot of drive just watch his body language when he's in the game that's really hope that comes with coaching and maturity... right now he is simply big kid that played against a lot of little kids at a small High School that has yet to prove anything... she talkin about being here three years at this stage is laughable now if he had 60 tackles and 5 sacks his freshman year that would be a different story

Why would he sit, to redshirt, when he has no intention of being here 5 years? It's not freaking rocket science. Should the coaches force him to be here 5 years?

Don’t have too, the same people that bash our players and program are easy to spot.
Gross generalization. I would like you to identify specifically the posters who both wanted him to play early but didn't want him to burn his redshirt and regret he is playing now. You can probably find a few. I don't think you will find many.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Akron or the bowl game would have been his 5th game. It’s not rocket science
In that case it's a moot point but everything I saw said Alron was going to be his 4th game. As for redshirting every one of you suffer from the same defect Champ does... lack of foreseeability. Use your noggin and you'll see why a redshirt year might wouldve been worth it.

Guys I'm laughing on this one...Belk has shown on the fold NADA that he will be a 3 year player and gone...most of you guys that with all due respect that never played past HS or not at all get way to caught up in evaluating 16,17 year old kids...once you get to College I can promise you this an NFL scout could care less if he's a 2 star or 5 Star ...simply what they do on the field... not an early Impressions even though they are way early I do not see any Mean Streak or aggressiveness... and you don't see a lot of drive just watch his body language when he's in the game that's really hope that comes with coaching and maturity... right now he is simply big kid that played against a lot of little kids at a small High School that has yet to prove anything... she talkin about being here three years at this stage is laughable now if he had 60 tackles and 5 sacks his freshman year that would be a different story
You also can’t define a nose guard by classic measurable as sacks and tackles. You have to watch game tape and see pockets crashing, etc. The little he’s played he looked pretty good.

You also can’t define a nose guard by classic measurable as sacks and tackles. You have to watch game tape and see pockets crashing, etc. The little he’s played he looked pretty good.
Exactly - I don't care if he has 20 tackles all year if he eats up space and allows his teammates to make the tackle. Wish I could watch the film of the games he was in; from what I saw in a couple of games he played well.

Maybe Muschamp runs his programs differently than most coaches. Most coaches TELL a kid he's redshirting. The kid doesnt get to call the shots as has been suggested by several posters here. Maybe Champ let's his players dictate when and where they play. This was clearly a big mistake. He should have never played against Akron.

Exactly - I don't care if he has 20 tackles all year if he eats up space and allows his teammates to make the tackle. Wish I could watch the film of the games he was in; from what I saw in a couple of games he played well.
You can watch them all on YouTube.

Champ has burned a kid before at other schools for one game if the kid was needed and wanted to play the bowl game back in the old days,when he tells that story he says he asks the player and lays out the scenario and sees what they want to do

Champ has burned a kid before at other schools for one game if the kid was needed and wanted to play the bowl game back in the old days,when he tells that story he says he asks the player and lays out the scenario and sees what they want to do
Who? I know he didn't burn Will Grier's redshirt when he had every justifiable reason and opportunity to do so.

I will have to find it, i believe it was at his time at LSU, way back, it was DB if i recall
Then that would have been Saban's call moreso than Muschamp's. I'm sure he has before...all coaches do especially if a player is super talented...but his preference based on his time at UF and here is to redshirt players.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Redshirting was never a consideration for Belk. You only redshirt to give a guy a 5th year of eligibility because they are not ready to play as a freshman. He played early in the year against UGA. He had some nagging injuries that kept him out of several games but has played down the stretch at the end of the year. Redshirting would have been pointless for this guy. Even if he does not leave after 3 years he certainly will after 4. Five years was never a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT