ADVERTISEMENT

Direct TV?

USCAndy

Jan 2, 2003
Why did they get rid of SEC Network Alternate Channel? It was on 611-1, but it's not available now.

SEC Network+ is not a television channel. It's a streaming service that's only available through the ESPN App. on smartphones, tablets and OTT streaming devices and on computers via ESPN.com.

SEC Network+ is not a television channel. It's a streaming service that's only available through the ESPN App. on smartphones, tablets and OTT streaming devices and on computers via ESPN.com.

SEC Network Alternate Channel is different than SECN +. This was a channel on Direct TV on 611-1. They put some football games on there. I know what you're talking about. SECN + is streaming only.

I've seen it disappear before and pop up when needed. Might be gone for good tho this time. They took away several channels, added a couple of more and went up on their bill by 10 dollars... all in the last week.

I've seen it disappear before and pop up when needed. Might be gone for good tho this time. They took away several channels, added a couple of more and went up on their bill by 10 dollars... all in the last week.
Honestly I can't say I'll miss it if it is gone. It's not as if anything is ever actually aired on it dailey, unless a game runs over on SECN and they need to start the next game there for a few minutes. In that case, I usually keep watching the previous game on the TV (as it's usually a close/exciting game), and just pull our game up on my phone/tablet for the short time needed.

SEC Network Alternate Channel is different than SECN +. This was a channel on Direct TV on 611-1. They put some football games on there. I know what you're talking about. SECN + is streaming only.

You're right. This is the exclamation from their website.

SEC Network Alternate is an overflow television channel. It is not live 24 hours a day. Content only appears on the channel on occasion when games overlap on the SEC channel 611.

Honestly I can't say I'll miss it if it is gone. It's not as if anything is ever actually aired on it dailey, unless a game runs over on SECN and they need to start the next game there for a few minutes. In that case, I usually keep watching the previous game on the TV (as it's usually a close/exciting game), and just pull our game up on my phone/tablet for the short time needed.
Agreed. Too many times someone's caught asleep at the wheel running that channel. And we do have other options so no big deal. Hugely disappointed losing El Rey channel tho. That and the rate hike may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me

Agreed. Too many times someone's caught asleep at the wheel running that channel. And we do have other options so no big deal. Hugely disappointed losing El Rey channel tho. That and the rate hike may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me
I'd love to cut the cord, but with an 87 year old Grandmother with cognitive impairment in the house, I can't just yet. No way she'd be able to figure out how to access the apps. One day...

Still got it on time warner SmokinSmile

Had to watch it for 5 min last night til the game started on the regular channe. Picture was not hd and took up 3/4 of the screen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT