ADVERTISEMENT

DLine

DirtyCock99

Sep 28, 2011
The coaches upgraded the talent at the DE and DT positions. Whitlow is gonna be good, Sawyer is a young guy doing well. But, I was under the impression that the coaches upgraded the talent and retooled the DLine. Yet, every Saturday 5 and 55 get just as much, if not more, run time than the guys who were brought in to do the very thing 5 or 55 cant do, show signs of life as a pass rusher. Its no surprise our push and pressure are equally as bad as 14.

I've noticed one of the numbers above is now 3rd string, yet hes on the field at the crucial times in games. Where are the new guys?

The coaches have shaken up the depth chart for the game this week. sawyer is now starting at DT, and Whitlow is listed as number 2 DE behind Johnson. The starting DL is DE Johnson, DT Sawyer, DT Dixon Jr., DE Lewis. I can't wait to see Whitlow lined up next to Sawyer!

Someone posted in another thread (or on CT) that he was in for either 11 or 15 plays (I forget which they said). He didn't have any highlight reel plays, but I think he played pretty well.

Reactions: swampfox33
The coaches have shaken up the depth chart for the game this week. sawyer is now starting at DT, and Whitlow is listed as number 2 DE behind Johnson. The starting DL is DE Johnson, DT Sawyer, DT Dixon Jr., DE Lewis. I can't wait to see Whitlow lined up next to Sawyer!

I agree. Those 2 can anchor down one side for the next 3 years.

Just concerned, although nothing is suprising coming from deke or ward, that we added not just talent, but some serious studs. But we keep running some of the guys who have proved to be inept pass rushers at best. Head scratcher.

Hopefully now that 1/4 of the season has passed, I hope the offense and defense can find the best 11 and try to win some games.

Reactions: BigTomE
Just heard Adams say, the D line played well and no changes or anything new for Missou. And we wonder why the line struggles?

It took our LB coach a while to put the right guys out there too. This happens every year and it is a joke. They either don't know how to evaluate talent or they play the seniority card to a fault. Either way, the coaches are doing a disservice to the team, the players, and the fans.

Just heard Adams say, the D line played well and no changes or anything new for Missou. And we wonder why the line struggles?
In his defense I believe he means all the guys who got playing time will see the field again vs Mizzou. I am interested to see if Whitlow & Blackshear get more playing time off the bench tho

Reactions: bmhood1984
The coaches upgraded the talent at the DE and DT positions. Whitlow is gonna be good, Sawyer is a young guy doing well. But, I was under the impression that the coaches upgraded the talent and retooled the DLine. Yet, every Saturday 5 and 55 get just as much, if not more, run time than the guys who were brought in to do the very thing 5 or 55 cant do, show signs of life as a pass rusher. Its no surprise our push and pressure are equally as bad as 14.

I've noticed one of the numbers above is now 3rd string, yet hes on the field at the crucial times in games. Where are the new guys?
Deke and Whammy are not good D1 coaches and Botkins is barely serviceable. The jury is out on the others coaching D, and Jr is squarely in the deke camp as far as coaching and developing talent. Sands couldn't recruit if his life depended on it and Jr is likely the worst RC in the entire Big5

Reactions: Chuckt0wnCock
Deke and Whammy are not good D1 coaches and Botkins is barely serviceable. The jury is out on the others coaching D, and Jr is squarely in the deke camp as far as coaching and developing talent. Sands couldn't recruit if his life depended on it and Jr is likely the worst RC in the entire Big5
I agree with what you said about Jr but the frustrating part about it is Spurrier Sr will never fire his son to bring in someone better. That is a huge problem. Spurrier won't make the necessary changes to make us better & if people don't see that you're being naive to what's going on within our program. We have to ask ourselves this, why isn't anyone beating down Jr's door wanting him to be their OC or recruiting coordinator? He is merely getting by just by sitting in the shadows of his father. He should have never been labeled as the RC. Spurrier won't demote him & Tanner won't intervene, so how can we expect any type of change going forward if Spurrier Sr decides to stay? I'm sorry but I don't see it.

Reactions: tailgatecock
I agree with what you said about Jr but the frustrating part about it is Spurrier Sr will never fire his son to bring in someone better. That is a huge problem. Spurrier won't make the necessary changes to make us better & if people don't see that you're being naive to what's going on within our program. We have to ask ourselves this, why isn't anyone beating down Jr's door wanting him to be their OC or recruiting coordinator? He is merely getting by just by sitting in the shadows of his father. He should have never been labeled as the RC. Spurrier won't demote him & Tanner won't intervene, so how can we expect any type of change going forward if Spurrier Sr decides to stay? I'm sorry but I don't see it.

That's exactly right. The program is now completely dependent upon a coach that is untouchable.

It's like a runaway train, all we can do is hang on and pray for the best.

It took our LB coach a while to put the right guys out there too. This happens every year and it is a joke. They either don't know how to evaluate talent or they play the seniority card to a fault. Either way, the coaches are doing a disservice to the team, the players, and the fans.

This has been a reoccurring problem. Its like, wtf are you doing in spring and fall camp?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT