ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone here honestly think this program will ever be anything more than a mediocre SEC team?

Well the way I look at it is this
1) UGA

7) Vandy
And everybody else is in the middle. We could lose to these teams , we could beat them. That's just the way it is right now.

and if you do.....why?

I do if we make the hard decisions and quit treating every coach with kid gloves aka charity cases.

We've already shown that we can win at a high level. It's the fan base that embraces apathy and mediocrity by constantly making excuses for this coaching staff's ineptitude.

When we finally take a stand and truly demand accountability, we will get it and an SEC Championship.

We can have a few seasons where we won’t be. But I am fully aware of who we are as a program. Still will keep hope long term somehow.

Hate to say it but we are to blame . I admire Garnet Glasses , Love and support my team thru thick and thin Fans . It’s admirable but it leads to mediocre programs . The administration has no need to change if the money keeps rolling in . I sat thru 0-11 and 3-9 years and the support is always there . Let Bama, OSU or Clemson go 0-11 ... the towns would be on fire . The culture has to change top to bottom . I mean honestly guys if you go to the same home town restaurant for years and you get food poisoning on your last two visits ..... are you gonna keep going just because ?? This program can be Elite . Spurrier proved it . Even in his 7-5 years this team could compete with Anybody . Tommy Bowden could have coached here forever going 8-5 every year , Clemson ran him out of town just like LSU did Les or TAMU did Sumlin . That’s the difference . Winning is not negotiable.

Hate to say it but we are to blame . I admire Garnet Glasses , Love and support my team thru thick and thin Fans . It’s admirable but it leads to mediocre programs . The administration has no need to change if the money keeps rolling in . I sat thru 0-11 and 3-9 years and the support is always there . Let Bama, OSU or Clemson go 0-11 ... the towns would be on fire . The culture has to change top to bottom . I mean honestly guys if you go to the same home town restaurant for years and you get food poisoning on your last two visits ..... are you gonna keep going just because ?? This program can be Elite . Spurrier proved it . Even in his 7-5 years this team could compete with Anybody . Tommy Bowden could have coached here forever going 8-5 every year , Clemson ran him out of town just like LSU did Les or TAMU did Sumlin . That’s the difference . Winning is not negotiable.

This

IDK. I think I'm going to fish more. I've started fishing in colder weather. It's good exercise and better for the blood pressure.

The bull reds are going crazy in the Panhandle right now . Schools of 100’s .. 30 and 40 pounders smashing poppers on top . Come on down !!! That’s what I’m doing Nov 24 !!!

I do because there is no fundamental reason why we can't. Will we be like Alabama under Saban? No. But neither will anybody else.

The bull reds are going crazy in the Panhandle right now . Schools of 100’s .. 30 and 40 pounders smashing poppers on top . Come on down !!! That’s what I’m doing Nov 24 !!!
The FL panhandle?
I'm going out of Murrells Inlet next Saturday after wahoo. I would have preferred the inshore stuff. It's more like bass fishing, which is my passsion. But my nephew made the arrangements with my bro-inlaw then they asked if I wanted to go. It should be a good time.

I don't see why we can't win 9 games a year MINIMUM. If we hadn't fiddle farted around we'd be at 7 wins NOW with two more sure wins to go. 9-10 wins a year is VERY attainable, if you want it to be.

The FL panhandle?
I'm going out of Murrells Inlet next Saturday after wahoo. I would have preferred the inshore stuff. It's more like bass fishing, which is my passsion. But my nephew made the arrangements with my bro-inlaw then they asked if I wanted to go. It should be a good time.

Wahoo fishing is a blast too . Yeah when we get that second cold front of the winter the bull reds start schooling up and following schools of Pogies ( Menhaden in SC) , the bait get scarce after the cold front but it concentrates them in big packs and the reds just follow them around like wolves . It’s insane . We usually throw big poppers and 10 inch Swimbaits at them . Bird chasing kinda like winter time Striper Fishing at Santee is the best way to find them . It’s a blast . If you ever get a chance to come down during the winter time and try it you will be hooked forever . They usually start about mid November and go till Late Feb .

Reactions: TheReelEss
The FL panhandle?

Hire the proper head coach and anything is possible. Requires exceptional people at the president and AD level to find that innovative coach, exceptional coach, and get him the pay for himself and his assistants, and support the necessary continued development of facilities and brand recognition.

For a 4 year period Spurrier made this one for the most respected and feared programs in the country.

Look no further than our women’s basketball program. Some success historically, but nothing significant and a lot of really bad seasons. Never really considered relevant. And least you think college women’s basketball isn’t highly competitive and cut throat— it is. We hired one of the most recognizable women in the basketball world and a coach with innovative recruiting and defensive strategies. Now we’re a national power.

Reactions: robertfootball
Hire the proper head coach and anything is possible. Requires exceptional people at the president and AD level to find that innovative coach, exceptional coach, and get him the pay for himself and his assistants, and support the necessary continued development of facilities and brand recognition.

For a 4 year period Spurrier made this one for the most respected and feared programs in the country.

Look no further than our women’s basketball program. Some success historically, but nothing significant and a lot of really bad seasons. Never really considered relevant. And least you think college women’s basketball isn’t highly competitive and cut throat— it is. We hired one of the most recognizable women in the basketball world and a coach with innovative recruiting and defensive strategies. Now we’re a national power.

You read my mind. I, for one don’t care about women’s basketball. However, that program was a mess forever until the right coach was hired.

Reactions: 67gamecock

We were never “elite”. You have to win a championship to be elite. The quitter never won us anything

Reactions: ConKreteCock
We could be better. But USC has a much bigger Hill to climb than Clemson did. And Clemson started their ascent before Dabo. Tommy Bowden was the one that convinced the powers that be needed to improve their facilities and the first deal was the west wing of the end zone. And had plans to spend the other monies they have spent following. But Clemson's ascent also began when FSU was beginning to flounder in the final years of Bowden. So Clemson had one elite team they had to eclipse. USC has at least two in UGA and Bama. And as we have seen in the past, UF and Auburn can get to that level from time to time. But USC is building the new football facility, so that's a start. Now the money needs to flow into other areas. I believe I read a year, or so ago, how USC's recruiting budget was woefully shy of what you find at Clemson, Bama, UGA, etc. That has to be fixed. Then invest in staff. Look at Clemson. Thier co-ordinators, and staff, are paid extremely well. With that, they have very little turnover. So you need to spend big for good coaches and recruiters. How does USC compare with those ever growing staffs, and analysts, that everyone has now? If you don't match them position for position, you are getting behind. Takes a huge committment and a lot of money. I guess we will see if the administration wants to go to every length needed to they and elevate the program to the elite level.

We were never “elite”. You have to win a championship to be elite. The quitter never won us anything

Ok maybe not elite . A program that was not a complete joke is what the quitter did for us . Twenty years from now when we are still a laughing stock we will appreciate how good that quitter was . I’ll take a 90 year old Spurrier over the best Muschamp anyday .

I don't see why we can't win 9 games a year MINIMUM. If we hadn't fiddle farted around we'd be at 7 wins NOW with two more sure wins to go. 9-10 wins a year is VERY attainable, if you want it to be.

The Mizzou and Tenn. fans could say they would have better records if they hadn't "fiddle farted" around as you say, against South Carolina...It works both ways

and if you do.....why?
I've been beating the no drum for a while. The answer is no. If only we could drum up the money for academics instead of football. Maybe the state of South Carolina and the world would be better. Nope we will continue to throw money at a game losing interest of the public.

Yes, look at klempson, we can do the same thing. However, the administration has to commit to it. Never has. Presently, they are worthless.
You are exactly right. At Clemson and most other schools the President of the University greets the players and is one of many that help them navigate becoming a college athlete. Explaining resources, expectations etc. they go to their games, they show up at their functions they are as invested as the coaches. I think Muschamp needs more time. I understand it’s year three, but I don’t know of any coach that had to come in and change the culture and rebuild a team that has done it in less than 4 or more years. Spurrier didn’t do much that last year but there were some decent players left on the team, the ones that are showing out and making it about them instead of team are Mushchamps recruits and he needs to get them in line. Also agree they need to try and wrap up people and tackle them, worry about getting the ball after you have stopped them

Does anyone here honestly think this program will ever be anything more than a mediocre SEC team?
I see the resources to have a successful SEC-level program - or at least the potential for the resources. My answer is that we could; not that we will. We've already seen that a truly great coach can win here. Fourth in the country is nothing to discount. But it will take a top-tier coach, hopefully one we catch on his way up. Really outstanding college coaches are successful wherever they are. I put that in bold because the NFL is not the measure of a great college coach necessarily.

No, because Spurrier proved you can win at South Carolina, our problem is that we hired an old Spurrier...

I like to have a young coach like Lincoln Riley... We missed the boat on hiring him...

Tanner should have rolled the dice, after all he was a vey young coach at NC State...

We could be better. But USC has a much bigger Hill to climb than Clemson did. And Clemson started their ascent before Dabo. Tommy Bowden was the one that convinced the powers that be needed to improve their facilities and the first deal was the west wing of the end zone. And had plans to spend the other monies they have spent following. But Clemson's ascent also began when FSU was beginning to flounder in the final years of Bowden. So Clemson had one elite team they had to eclipse. USC has at least two in UGA and Bama. And as we have seen in the past, UF and Auburn can get to that level from time to time. But USC is building the new football facility, so that's a start. Now the money needs to flow into other areas. I believe I read a year, or so ago, how USC's recruiting budget was woefully shy of what you find at Clemson, Bama, UGA, etc. That has to be fixed. Then invest in staff. Look at Clemson. Thier co-ordinators, and staff, are paid extremely well. With that, they have very little turnover. So you need to spend big for good coaches and recruiters. How does USC compare with those ever growing staffs, and analysts, that everyone has now? If you don't match them position for position, you are getting behind. Takes a huge committment and a lot of money. I guess we will see if the administration wants to go to every length needed to they and elevate the program to the elite level.
Too bad we've got Trustees/Board that believe in doing things "on the cheap" and an AD that lives for nuggets of approval from those same people

Catch lightning in a bottle one year and maybe play for a championship. Outside of that, implode Willy B and build the first state of the art college football stadium. Hire a young coach and sell, sell the program. Won’t happen because it is USC and we are followers not leaders.

Auburn fans want to fire their HC after he knocked off Number One Georgia and Number One Alabama in a three week period in 2017. They signed him to a new deal that is set for seven more years. In year one of that contract, they are already wanting him fired. So it is a mindset and an expectation of championships that drive real programs to be successful. I do not ever see that happening here. If you were honest with yourself, over the next 10 years, if we already KNEW we would finished every season 4-4 in the SEC East, 8-4 overall, but beat Clemson 9 out of the next ten years, most everyone WOULD take that future in a heartbeat. That is the difference between winning NC and believing the beating Clemson is more important than winning an SEC Championship.

I do if we make the hard decisions and quit treating every coach with kid gloves aka charity cases.

We've already shown that we can win at a high level. It's the fan base that embraces apathy and mediocrity by constantly making excuses for this coaching staff's ineptitude.

When we finally take a stand and truly demand accountability, we will get it and an SEC Championship.
If the fans are better the SEC Championships will come. OK.
And the other poster also claiming it’s the fans fault for showing up for crappy teams. How many fans do you expect for this week, and after a loss to Clemson, how many for the Zips?
But yeah, it’s the fans fault.lol

Auburn fans want to fire their HC after he knocked off Number One Georgia and Number One Alabama in a three week period in 2017. They signed him to a new deal that is set for seven more years. In year one of that contract, they are already wanting him fired. So it is a mindset and an expectation of championships that drive real programs to be successful. I do not ever see that happening here. If you were honest with yourself, over the next 10 years, if we already KNEW we would finished every season 4-4 in the SEC East, 8-4 overall, but beat Clemson 9 out of the next ten years, most everyone WOULD take that future in a heartbeat. That is the difference between winning NC and believing the beating Clemson is more important than winning an SEC Championship.
If Auburn won 8 games a year but beat Bama 9 out of 10, their coach would be safe too. It’s that second part that is difficult

If Auburn won 8 games a year but beat Bama 9 out of 10, their coach would be safe too. It’s that second part that is difficult

No one will last at Auburn only winning eight games and beating Alabama. I would argue they would take the losses against Alabama if they could compete for a National Championship every year. PS Both Alabama and Auburn share the same conference. Clemson, being in the ACC, should be an after thought after we play Florida each year. But they are not. The second we drop a few games the posts start popping up about how we need to beat Clemson. And that is before we face UT and Florida every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT