ADVERTISEMENT

Does Thompson stay or go to okie state

joplin gamecock1

Nov 27, 2016
Defensive line coach Lance Thompson is a candidate for defensive coordinator at oklahoma state. He just recieved a raise bumping him to$550000 a year and the cowboys last coordinator was making$650000 a year. I hope he stays because he appears to be doing a good job so far,but i cant blame if he takes the job if it is offered.

Definitely he goes. Big promotion from a position coach to Defensive Coordinator. Kind of nice seeing other schools want our coaches for a change.
Agree. We'll lose our DC in the next two year to a head coaching position. The only way he stays is if Champ convinces him TRob will be gone after next season and he will be the new DC. May not want to uproot his family if he is semi-assured the same position in Cola. in a year.

Not sure I would make that move at this time. Given the uncertainty about long term stability of the staff. I mean, sure Bill Snyder can probably coach until he is 100, but he could also die.

Does Snyder's son get the job? Does he keep T-Rob? Will T-Rob get a multi-year contract (I would think so). I'm not too sure I would want to make that move.
Snyder coaches at Kansas State, not Oklahoma State.

I think he holds out for a DC job at another SEC school (or waits around for TRob to move on) over the next couple of years. Taking a DC job at a Big XII school is risky. But maybe he's ready for the risk. I'm only speculating.

Reactions: okccock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT