ADVERTISEMENT

Don't really understand the anti-Texas sentiment

Point proven.

They easily make the most money in the conference and advocated spreading it evenly amongst all schools to build us all up. They’ve never been prima donnas about it.
Just my opinion, but I think you are giving Bama too much credit. Revenues in the league have always been split the way they are and not sure Bama could do anything about that even if they want. Where did they lead the charge for the current revenue split plan? Must have missed all the credit we owe the Tide for that.

And, while Bama may produce the most football revenue (and not totally sure that is always the case especially in years when teams like LSU, UGA, UF etc are having good years) there is way more balance in the SEC.

Just my opinion, but I think you are giving Bama too much credit. Revenues in the league have always been split the way they are and not sure Bama could do anything about that even if they want. Where did they lead the charge for the current revenue split plan? Must have missed all the credit we owe the Tide for that.

And, while Bama may produce the most football revenue (and not totally sure that is always the case especially in years when teams like LSU, UGA, UF etc are having good years) there is way more balance in the SEC.
Those other teams and Bama could have tried to use their clout to push for a more uneven revenue share like Texas has. But to the best of my knowledge, they havent. That's something, however small.

FTR, I'm not opposed to this realignment.

Those other teams and Bama could have tried to use their clout to push for a more uneven revenue share like Texas has. But to the best of my knowledge, they havent. That's something, however small.

FTR, I'm not opposed to this realignment.
I think thats mostly my point. Texas could do it in the Big 12 because they were so much more powerful in all senses than every other school.....even OU. In the SEC that will not be the case and that is also historically why Bama has been kept in check. They are the class of the league in football for now but other league schools also have very strong football programs. Its also cyclical. Also, of you look at all sports, Florida is stronger across all sports.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Lots of posts expressing strong dislike for Texas and that being the reason some folks are against their move into the SEC. I neither dislike or am a fan of the Horns. They do have some cool football traditions that are SEC-like. I think UT/OU is a done deal and is happening. Would be surprised if it stops at a 16-team SEC.

First, I know football is king in the SEC but if you look at all sports competition in the league, the SEC is also really strong. I think the league places strong importance on non-football sports and likes its members to have a strong athletic program across the board. It follows the whole "It Just Means More" mantra of the league.

Looking at it though that lense.....adding Texas is a no-brainer. They just finished #1 in the NACDA Directors Cup all sports competition for 20/21 and are perennially in the top 5. They won 3 national titles this year and finished runner up in another sport. This year in big three final rankings they finished #2 in baseball, #9 in mens basketball and #19 in football.......light years ahead of our current situation and I am sure very strong in comparison to any other current SEC school. That combined with being an AAU university and having a very strong national brand for TV audiences, again its a no-brainer. Anyone who has spent time in TX knows they are the power-broker in the state.

Check out the banner graphic on the article linked below. Foreshadowing?

Easy to understand the anti -Texas sentiment, other than women's bb , most usc fans are afraid of losing in football (see Auburn, Texas AM), mens baseball series with Texas. Its pure intimidation on a fan level , thankfully D. Staley ,Frank Martin and S. Beamer do not share the same sentiments as the current fans . Go Cocks

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Athens might be the best college town in the country. Perfect size, great downtown area with lots of legit bars and restaurants that are all walkable before or after a game. The whole set up is perfect.

It’s a real good place to go to college and a great place to live, if you are a GA fan or grad. But those are not enough to make a real town a good place to live. The State of GA has some great small towns where I would much rather live than Athens. But it is hard to beat on Saturdays in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT