ADVERTISEMENT

Dowell Loggains

Cockytalk84

Dec 5, 2021
Looking very likely he will be the new OC. Not good news. He was an NFL OC for 5 years and every year had a bottom 5 offense. Two years ranked dead last…..

2016 Bears OC: 17ppg (28th/32)
2017 Bears OC: 16.5ppg (29th/32)
2018 Dolphins OC: 19.9ppg (26th/32)
2019 Jets OC: 17.2ppg (31st/32)
2020 Jets OC: 15.2ppg (32nd/32)
2021: ARK TE Coach

Wouldn't it have been nice to hire a guy that generated excitement?

Reactions: uscwatson21

This is what I don't understand. If the offense doesn't come out hot it's just going to be a lot of negativity from the fanbase.

At least if you hire a big name, if we go backward next year you can convince yourself it's just part of the process of installing the new system.

From reading up on this guy it appears he helped Jay Cutler have the best year of his career and that is the attraction. I guess they are hoping he can help Rattler get his stock up for the NFL. My only question is, after Rattler is gone then what? Hoping this turns out better than it looks if he is the new OC.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Ha ha. Prime example. Be careful what you wish for. Grease is not greener. Most everyone wanted satterfield out at all cost. Me included. Now looks like we may settle for a journeyman.
He may turn out to be an awesome hire. But Shirley the #notadimers will be out in full force

Ha ha. Prime example. Be careful what you wish for. Grease is not greener. Most everyone wanted satterfield out at all cost. Me included. Now looks like we may settle for a journeyman.
He may turn out to be an awesome hire. But Shirley the #notadimers will be out in full force

Yeah, right. Why take a chance on a young, up and comer with some proven success, at lower levels when you can go out and hire an experienced loser at three times the salary? At least you know what you're going to get and you can start your search for his replacement that same day.

Welp….he changes jobs every couple years. But that means smart football minds keep hiring him, so he must do great in interviews on the white board

Yeah, right. Why take a chance on a young, up and comer with some proven success, at lower levels when you can go out and hire an experienced loser at three times the salary? At least you know what you're going to get and you can start your search for his replacement that same day.
Kurt Roper to Mike Bobo to Satterfield to this…..

Maybe the problem is USC not our OCs

Wow. Pretty bad stats and they werent getting better. I was kinda hoping we were done with hiring guys who fail elsewhere but I guess not. Oh well, its Beamer's neck. I would like to know what he thinks he's been missing all those years to make his offense work. And why he thinks he can find the parts he needs here.

I mean, I was saying all along that Beamer was the real issue. This hire just confirms it. Now we wait for the bottom unfortunately.

I can only say his resume is not impressive.

We will see how it works out.

Doesn't look like he's going to have a lot to work with next year anyway.

Was he that bad because he didn't have any talent, or were the bears that bad because he couldn't call plays?

Was he that bad because he didn't have any talent, or were the bears that bad because he couldn't call plays?

Good question. The other seasons were with the dolphins and Jets, so no good clues there.

But I think there is more parity in the nfl than in college football. So if the talent disparity caused him to fail in the nfl, I don't think it's a good sign for his college career.

Heard all sorts of people were calling about the position. I guess they were Bill Clinton, Jerry Jones and Sam Pittman. All asking to please take him.

Looking very likely he will be the new OC. Not good news. He was an NFL OC for 5 years and every year had a bottom 5 offense. Two years ranked dead last…..
What is it with this school? We could swing for the fences and yet choose to bunt. If this is truly the best we can do, then I don't think we'll ever be serious. Hiring the guy who wasn't making the calls at Arkansas? This seems like about as Carolina a decision as Carolina could make. If Beamer says this is the best possible choice, I am calling BS. I can't argue his success so far, but I find it real hard to see how a guy with a crappy NFL resume and thin college resume is going to be the best we can do. That all means that Beamer had no real interest from any serious candidates. As a Tight End coach are we required to hire another Tight End coach. We can't even keep our tight ends on campus.

If true, count me not excited and feeling like Beamer is not completely forthright about this search.

What is it with this school? We could swing for the fences and yet choose to bunt. If this is truly the best we can do, then I don't think we'll ever be serious. Hiring the guy who wasn't making the calls at Arkansas? This seems like about as Carolina a decision as Carolina could make. If Beamer says this is the best possible choice, I am calling BS. I can't argue his success so far, but I find it real hard to see how a guy with a crappy NFL resume and thin college resume is going to be the best we can do. That all means that Beamer had no real interest from any serious candidates. As a Tight End coach are we required to hire another Tight End coach. We can't even keep our tight ends on campus.

If true, count me not excited and feeling like Beamer is not completely forthright about this search.

Wonder if it's just being cheap?

Beamer is fine
Beamer is a sunshine pumper. I seriously doubt that there was a prime list of offensive coordinators who wanted to come here and that we decided that the Tight End's coach from Arkansas was the best choice of the pack. I will never believe that. Even after this year's 8-4 finish, serious candidates are not betting on Beamer.

Wonder if it's just being cheap?
We aren't paying Beamer much, we should be able to cough up some money for an offensive coordinator you'd think. This is evidence that the coaching fraternity is not betting on Beamer's longevity. If there were really a long distinguished list of offensive coordinators that could not wait to come to SC, like Beamer has said, I doubt we'd be settling on Dowell Loggains, a coach who failed in the NFL and hasn't really succeeded anywhere in college.

Reactions: gamecockblack
We aren't paying Beamer much, we should be able to cough up some money for an offensive coordinator you'd think. This is evidence that the coaching fraternity is not betting on Beamer's longevity. If there were really a long distinguished list of offensive coordinators that could not wait to come to SC, like Beamer has said, I doubt we'd be settling on Dowell Loggains, a coach who failed in the NFL and hasn't really succeeded anywhere in college.
Well said.

Reactions: vidaliagamecock

We will find out if Shane is a good coach or not this coming season.

Unfortunately, it seems like we're going to lock him in as our coach long term before then.

Now there are rumors Emmanwori is leaving.

Going to be a rough off season if true.
And the hits just keep on coming. There is something we aren't privy to, if every talented player we have is hitting the bricks. People don't leave a place they love, unless the pay is better elsewhere. If he leaves, we have some serious problems.

Generally, pro-style offenses are more complex than typical college or high school offenses. They are balanced, requiring offensive lines that are adept at both pass and run blocking, QBs with good decision-making abilities, and RBs who are capable of running between the tackles.

What could go wrong? Lol

And the hits just keep on coming. There is something we aren't privy to, if every talented player we have is hitting the bricks. People don't leave a place they love, unless the pay is better elsewhere. If he leaves, we have some serious problems.

Its the modern era 18-24 yr old, athletes or not. They have absolutely no sense of loyalty. Its 100% about the self, just like the obsession with social media influencer status. Looking around the country, USC is definitely not the only team w key players quitting on them like its just a job at Chipotle. Actually it seems like the norm for every team

Its the modern era 18-24 yr old, athletes or not. They have absolutely no sense of loyalty. Its 100% about the self, just like the obsession with social media influencer status. Looking around the country, USC is definitely not the only team w key players quitting on them like its just a job at Chipotle. Actually it seems like the norm for every team
The one absolute truth I have heard anyone say, is that the fans are the only fans of the team they support, the players only play for the team and are not usually fans to the extent the supporters are fans. They only work there.

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
This is what I don't understand. If the offense doesn't come out hot it's just going to be a lot of negativity from the fanbase.

At least if you hire a big name, if we go backward next year you can convince yourself it's just part of the process of installing the new system.
Whatever do you mean, the negativity from the fanbase is off an running. Not a lot of positivity to be read into his resume. Certainly he doesn't fit into what Beamer seemed to frame as to what he was looking for. Kenny Loggins hasn't even called a play in college so far as we know.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Beamer is a sunshine pumper. I seriously doubt that there was a prime list of offensive coordinators who wanted to come here and that we decided that the Tight End's coach from Arkansas was the best choice of the pack. I will never believe that. Even after this year's 8-4 finish, serious candidates are not betting on Beamer.
Vidalia……..could you link us to one positive post of yours? You post your theories like facts?Do you work in the football office? Surely you said something good after the UT or Tater wins…..help us out here…just link one so we can stop searching.

Vidalia……..could you link us to one positive post of yours? You post your theories like facts?Do you work in the football office? Surely you said something good after the UT or Tater wins…..help us out here…just link one so we can stop searching.
Why do I owe you anything? This is an opinion site and I have an opinion, you have yours. You apparently haven't looked for any positive posts but they are there. I was very positive after Clemson and Tennessee wins. I was very optimistic that we would get a great experienced offensive coordinator who has called plays in college at some point in his career. His pro resume is not great. Beamer doesn't give a rats ass about my opinion, but that doesn't make me wrong nor you right.

Can you not entertain the possibility that on its face this is not even in the ballpark of the type of hire Beamer was promoting? Do you think in the world of offensive coordinators, both college and the NFL, that Dowell Loggains, a coach who has never called plays in college and whose resume in the pros was so awesome he became a college tight ends coach was the best person available? I listened to Beamer and read his quotes about the type of candidate he was looking for. This hire doesn’t come close to what he was preaching.

I’ll go on the record and say this is a Great Hire. Spend a few minutes looking at what some of his players have said about him. Sounds like he can recruit fairly well - in his short time at Arkansas - he did pretty well.
Players are willing to follow him. Great experience in the NFL at several different teams All are positive.

Connor Shaw played for him. I’m guessing Connor had a some good things to say about him.

I will support him.

Let’s Go——-

Reactions: usc_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT