ADVERTISEMENT

Dozier #9 ranked SG for draft

Sometimes I wonder what happens in a Gamecock fan's mind when he reads something like this, and instead of thinking "Wow, that's great for the player," instead chooses to trash the player.
I'm not going to trash a player, but saying that this guy is ready for the pros when he can't make a free throw is like saying that a musician is a pro who can't play a C scale.

He'll go to the NBA and turn out to be the next Curry! Our life as Gamecocks!

I'll be honest, if he does turnout to be that.....I would love it! However, the young man still has a lot of improving to do. I'm sure he will be the first to tell you that. Right now, I hope his family is in his ear.

It's interesting you bring up Curry because he stayed his final year at Davidson just because he knew that he was projected as a point guard.

I'll be honest, if he does turnout to be that.....I would love it! However, the young man still has a lot of improving to do. I'm sure he will be the first to tell you that. Right now, I hope his family is in his ear.

It's interesting you bring up Curry because he stayed his final year at Davidson just because he knew that he was projected as a point guard.

Um...no. Curry left after his Junior year at Davidson.

Reactions: Spur 'Em
Um...no. Curry left after his Junior year at Davidson.

I didn't know which year he left, that's why I said "Final." People were pushing him to leave early too. He stated in an interview that he stayed an extra year to better his play as a point guard.

I've never understood why at 6'7", he will drive and stop near the basket and throw up a floater that bounces off the rim, or even on layups he'll try for some kind of odd looking layup.

He's 6'7", not 5'10". He should be able to dunk or lay it in the box above the rim 60-70%% of the time he drives to the basket.

He often looks out of control when driving the basket.

My wife, who is a former NCAA D1 athlete, opined during our morning drive that PJ looks like he has lost his drive, his passion. He no longer loves the game and is going through the motion.

She told me she saw it more than a couple times as she was coming up.

She finished saying she hopes she is wrong, but I will say she is pretty astute in her observations of athletes.

I remember watching Curry at Davidson's practices. Great practice design by getting the players at one end or the other with a coach while the drills and the pairs and the team stuff was going on and feeding them for game type shots. At the end of a practice, Curry would have gotten up 400+ shots with a coach in his ear. Then he'd stay after for a shooting session of his own. Larry Bird-like. That's why he makes them - always working on the stroke at game speed.

You do know he has a back problem and back problems don't go away in two days...
He didn't have back problems early in the year and he went two complete game starting, but not scoring a single point in regulation. He's simply wildly inconsistent at this stage of his career. He's capable of scoring 25 one night and going scoreless the next.

This. Lazy reporting. National writer trying to write without knowing enough about the individual players. Happens all the time.

yeah remember when they reported our O line would be our strength a couple years ago? lol they actually stated our O line might be the number 1 or 2 O line in the country that year LMAO

He didn't have back problems early in the year and he went two complete game starting, but not scoring a single point in regulation. He's simply wildly inconsistent at this stage of his career. He's capable of scoring 25 one night and going scoreless the next.

I'll say this... it's a back problem... Trust me...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT