ADVERTISEMENT

Dozier

I wish he would try his foul shots granny style - seriously. Not bashing him. He is a much better shooter than 59 % from the foul line. It`s clearly in his head more than his ability. I wonder if he has tried it.

Reactions: RockThrillCock
I wish he would try his foul shots granny style - seriously. Not bashing him. He is a much better shooter than 59 % from the foul line. It`s clearly in his head more than his ability. I wonder if he has tried it.

Maybe Canyon Berry can give him a few pointers.

Kotsar would be another good Granny shot candidate. You can really control the ball and shoot it so softly with that backspin.

It's worked pretty well for those Berry's. I'm really surprised more guys haven't tried it.

Last edited:
Kotsar would be another good Granny shot candidate. You can really control the ball and shoot it so softly with that backspin.

It's worked pretty well for those Berry's. I'm really surprised more guys haven't tried it.
They feel like it makes them look weak. Why guys like deandre Jordan don't either but I totally agree abut some of our guys. Dozier is all mental cuz he has a pretty stroke. He just needs to work on that and 3s and get stronger. Mark it Down he will be a super star in this league next year

Reactions: taiwancock
It's difficult to be consistent with a high arcing shot. Dozier needs to change his shot in the off-season. He has a lot of upside, but will never stick in the NBA with the current shot.

It worked pretty good for the Barrys too.

Reactions: roosterbell
15 is correct. Higher arc = higher percentage.
Higher arc gives the ball a higher percentage of going in but it's more difficult for players to execute. It's like throwing a knuckleball in baseball. If you have a good knuckleball you have a good chance to make it to the big league. Sounds simple, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: USCBIRDS
cocksgetgoing15Member
New

It's difficult to be consistent with a high arcing shot. Dozier needs to change his shot in the off-season. He has a lot of upside, but will never stick in the NBA with the current shot.
just curious, why is it harder to be consistent with a bigger arch? It would seem that would give it a better chance of going in the basket

You totally missed the point of my post. I wasn't talking about the odds of the ball going in, I meant the form of the shot is inconsistent. You have to get it to the rim before it will go in.

Reactions: viennacocks
just curious, why is it harder to be consistent with a bigger arch? It would seem that would give it a better chance of going in the basket
Never get a bounce to go in with that much arch , either going in or bouncing of top of backboard. Needs major overhaul . Free throwing is just relaxing and throwing up the shot in the same manner evertime. See kids make one and then walk around slapping hands and then get back in there spot, my goodness you make one don;t move and shoot again, watch Reddick in the pros

He has got to flatten the shot. Like post above, he gets no bounces with that high arc. He also aims his shot which causes some of those bad misses. That's why great shooters just seem to let it rip and shoot in rhythm

He needs to shoot more in the gym probably... work on the muscle memory. ( obviously he practices a lot and frank has mentioned this, I just mean for him to take it to next level will require a more consistent shot. )
I think he was used to being able to drive and finish at the rim in HS so he didn't practice his shot as much. Idk
Happy he is ours

The arc, arch, arcing, arching.... stuff is meaningless.. the problem with his shot is poor mechanics. He looks like his arms grew 6 inches overnight and he is trying to adapt every time he shoots from beyond about 2 feet. Either he has always had a terrible form and they are just letting him roll with it because he hits a hot streak every now and then, or the coaches are trying to make him change it and he is fighting with trying to decide between what he has always done and what he is being TOLD ago do every time he shoots it...

Regardless, something has his confidence messed up, and only a few hot games shooting will fix it. He needs to drive the lane and create inside shots more, get his confidence back and when he is feeling the flow he will hit more rhythm shots. Frank says he has been telling PJ to drive it, hope he starts being more aggressive. He has some smooth moves when he doesn't think just goes hard to the basket, he is long and getting strong enough to battle inside for position... seems like he could/ maybe should be moved to a 3 for the time being. He has always played the 1 or 2, and if he had the FT or three point stroke going, I get it... a guy that size, playing guard is a mismatch all day! But if he isn't hitting those, think about a SF with his moves, vision, length and ability to create around the basket! Just a thought... Especially since we have an abundance of guards right now!

I have no idea if it is confidence or poor mechanics or attitude. Many times I have seen him have a fast break advantage where he needs to go up strong and dunk or at least draw the foul, only to see him make some low percentage attempt at a shot.. PJ has the physical tools to be outstanding. He just has to put it all together. Right now he is not helping. He is so worried about his offense that his defense suffers. I hope the kid can get it sorted out. His potential is unlimited. If he wants to go NBA, his stock needs to improve.

I have no idea if it is confidence or poor mechanics or attitude. Many times I have seen him have a fast break advantage where he needs to go up strong and dunk or at least draw the foul, only to see him make some low percentage attempt at a shot.. PJ has the physical tools to be outstanding. He just has to put it all together. Right now he is not helping. He is so worried about his offense that his defense suffers. I hope the kid can get it sorted out. His potential is unlimited. If he wants to go NBA, his stock needs to improve.
It is certainly confidence. Watch him in warm-ups. He can hit the open jumper all day. Frank stated that he also hits them in practice. Agree that he needs to go to the hoop strong. He has a knack for getting to the hoop. When he goes strong, he either scores or gets fouled. When he goes soft, he'll take an off balance runner or short-arm a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT