ADVERTISEMENT

Dumbest news headline of the day- "Bobsledder has covid"

It's a perfectly fine headline. A medal favorite will possibly miss the Olympics due to testing positive. It would be similar to hearing that star player tests positive for Covid days before the Superbowl.

It's a perfectly fine headline. A medal favorite will possibly miss the Olympics due to testing positive. It would be similar to hearing that star player tests positive for Covid days before the Superbowl.

It would be similar if the level of interest in the two positions were similar.

You're right, the worldwide viewership of the Olympics greatly outpace the Superbowl so I guess I should find something more on par like the World Cup or something.

Is bobsledding really the pull for all that worldwide Olympic viewership?

But setting that aside, I would still say a LOT less people care about some bobsledder they'd never heard of vs an NFL "star player".

Looking at the OP, he never states the site, I'll admit I assumed it was an American site. (Which would also relegate world cup players to the "I have to look up the name" status)

Not taking sides, but could you imagine training for 4 years to participate in 1 college football/basketball/baseball tournament only to test positive to something and not be able to participate. Maybe some of you would relate more to Fortnite or fantasy draft.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Is bobsledding really the pull for all that worldwide Olympic viewership?

I don't know. It is fun to watch though- one of my favorites.

The problem with it is the tv coverage of it is usually awful. They always play it tape delayed - and it's always edited together.

The video will show the start, then show the start up to about 30 seconds, they'll cut away for 5 seconds and then the next thing you know the on screen timer 1-2 minutes into the run and then it's over.

With all the crap they broadcast, they could devote a few hours to the finals and show the entire thing.

Not taking sides, but could you imagine training for 4 years to participate in 1 college football/basketball/baseball tournament only to test positive to something and not be able to participate. Maybe some of you would relate more to Fortnite or fantasy draft.

Agree on the frustration, but don't get the final sentence.

Do video games have something to do with the absolute absence of bobsledding news/interest for years on end, until its bundled into a group event like the olympics?

Last edited:
On3 has been up for less than 12 hours and we're already debating bobsledding over here.

Why knock bobsledding? It's a worldwide phenomenon, rivaling the NFL and equal to world cup soccer. You know, because it's in the Olympics. Like the skeleton. /sarcasm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT