ADVERTISEMENT

Easy enough to type in 12-0 if your handle isn't attached

Sep 6, 2022
I say that the Cocks lose 7 this year. Why??? My thoughts are that they will go 5-7 in the regular season. Should they surprise and go 6-6, they will lose their 'Bowel' game and lose 7 on the year. I believe that to be an honest & fair reflection on our season hopes.

Afraid to post what you really THINK will be our final record??? Always remember, ... "ONLY in TRUTH is there Wisdom" .... not false hope!"

^^^^
Seems like a reasonable assessment. My best guess
Worse Case Scenario: 4-8. The talent level is not up to par once we get to conference play.
Best Case Scenario: 7-5: A surprise win (somewhere) leads the team to play beyond expectations
Most Likely: 5-7 . After beating the powerhouses of ODU, Akron, Wofford and Vandy, and one upset, reality will settle in.

^^^^
Seems like a reasonable assessment. My best guess
Worse Case Scenario: 4-8. The talent level is not up to par once we get to conference play.
Best Case Scenario: 7-5: A surprise win (somewhere) leads the team to play beyond expectations
Most Likely: 5-7 . After beating the powerhouses of ODU, Akron, Wofford and Vandy, and one upset, reality will settle in.

This is where I fall too.

Maybe we can get some more posters to actually put their predictions down? It sure would help eliminate that revisionist history that tends to happen as the season goes along.

I have already made my prediction. So, I won't repeat. Here is what I am afraid will happen if we go 6-6:

Beamer will get a 10-year extension. That's our luck. SMH. I am convinced that the boys running this university are not serious about football. I think as long as they do well in men's and women's basketball along with baseball, they are content. When the new women's softball coach was gushing about all the NIL money that will go her way to help her make our women's softball program a national power, I could not help but go, "Hmmmmmmm".

Trust me. I want to be proven wrong.

I have already made my prediction. So, I won't repeat. Here is what I am afraid will happen if we go 6-6:

Beamer will get a 10-year extension. That's our luck. SMH. I am convinced that the boys running this university are not serious about football. I think as long as they do well in men's and women's basketball along with baseball, they are content. When the new women's softball coach was gushing about all the NIL money that will go her way to help her make our women's softball program a national power, I could not help but go, "Hmmmmmmm".

Trust me. I want to be proven wrong.

Beamer won't get another legitimate extension from the university. He might get an "extension" but it's in name only "to help with recruiting." It won't significantly increase salary and won't increase the buyout.

We go 6-6, it gives Beamer just enough cover to get a lame duck 5th year. But by then his chances of being successful are done. His recruiting has fallen off drastically since Aug 2023. We will lose so much on our defense to graduation/nfl that we will see a real drop off in 2025. Beamer won't survive that 2025.

A 4-8 campaign or a 5-7 where we don't look competitive in the 7 losses might get us a new coach for next year.

Beamer won't get another legitimate extension from the university. He might get an "extension" but it's in name only "to help with recruiting." It won' significantly increase salary and won't increase the buyout.

We go 6-6, it gives Beamer just enough cover to get a lame duck 5th year. But by then his chances of being successful are done. His recruiting has fallen off drastically since Aug 2023. We will lose so much on our defense to graduation/nfl that we will see a real drop off in 2025. Beamer won't survive that 2025.

A 4-8 campaign or a 5-7 where we don't look competitive in the 7 losses might get us a new coach for next year.
I want you to be right. I hope you are right.

Beamer won't get another legitimate extension from the university. He might get an "extension" but it's in name only "to help with recruiting." It won't significantly increase salary and won't increase the buyout.

I'm sure Beamer went into this thinking it was a 5-year gig. Most football coaches who come to Carolina do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT