ADVERTISEMENT

Embarassing: SC community college pitching against Top 10 UNC

MT4125

Apr 1, 2008
Based on the pitchers last night, SC thought this game was like any other mid-week game. Will Crowe pitched last Thursday. Could Will Crowe not have at least started the game and then pitch again this weekend? You would think the coaching staff would have at least used a top starter against a top 10 team.

They treated this game like an exhibition or little league game where everyone gets a chance. The gamecock fans around me felt the same way and said "oh no, its just like last year" when they first saw our starter. He was followed not by more inexperienced pitchers who simply could not throw strikes. The experienced relievers like Scott and Regan came in when it was so far gone, it did not even matter if he held them.. If this game "does not count and we do not care" then don't expect fan to shell out $75 a ticket. South Carolina fans living in NC take a lot of heat from UN Cheaters. This was humiliating. The fans around me left in the 5th inning when it was 12-4 None of us want to go to a mid-week game against a ranked team unless our team fields its best players.

Did UNC pitch their midweek starter? Just curious - not stirring the pot. Just wondering how they approached the game vs Holbrook. I wasn't able to watch.

South Carolina - Cody Morris (Fr. RHP) 2-0, 1.62 ERA, 16.2 IP, 4 BB, 21 SO
North Carolina - Tyler Baum (Fr. RHP) 4-0, 2.22 ERA, 28.1 IP, 10 BB, 21 SO

Starting pitching information.

And no, Wil could not have pitched last night and again on Saturday.

f
You don't start your weekend guys on a Tuesday night game. No one does.
If you do not intend to compete, do not schedule a top 10 team
Well then you paid Stub Hub prices. Face value was NOT $75.
I paid what I had to pay and did not have the opportunity to buy tickets earlier. Attacking other fans who really wanted to see a good game and were willing to pay for it is arrogant and insulting.

Reactions: cockburg
I agree with op. Why not let Crowe throw a few innings to get us started well. Then pitch Crowe some on Sunday. I understand how the rotation works and the importance of each sec series is but try to win each game. I have seen us pitch guys on 4 days rest before in post season.

I agree with op. Why not let Crowe throw a few innings to get us started well. Then pitch Crowe some on Sunday. I understand how the rotation works and the importance of each sec series is but try to win each game. I have seen us pitch guys on 4 days rest before in post season.
Did you seriously just try to relate the post season with a midweek regular season game?

UNC is likely a top 8 seed this year.

That projection was before the Vandy series. 1-3 since then, so getting a national seed is a long shot now. Still possible, but need to turn it around against better overall competition than we have played to date.

f

If you do not intend to compete, do not schedule a top 10 team

I paid what I had to pay and did not have the opportunity to buy tickets earlier. Attacking other fans who really wanted to see a good game and were willing to pay for it is arrogant and insulting.
You need to lighten up.
1 - I simply answered another poster's question about ticket price.
2 - YOU overreacted claiming your integrity was questioned.
3 - I made a simple statement again that face value was not what you paid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT