ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN/Herbstreit/Satterfield

AnCRooster

Oct 22, 2009
It's really amazing the power this guy has over ESPN. I really think it's more of a nobody's really guarding the hen house so he gets throw his weight around. What I'm getting at is how much airplay this Satterfield statement is getting. It's been stuck on the ticker all night about how he's staying at Louisville and not to mention the constant jabs at South Carolina since that punk Herbstreit's boys went to Clemson. There was never any kind of story at least publicly where we were pursuing Satterfield. Now, it looks like we were begging him to come here and I never felt like he was in the top two. Satterfield is a dumbass anyway. He ain't getting a raise period.

It's really amazing the power this guy has over ESPN. I really think it's more of a nobody's really guarding the hen house so he gets throw his weight around. What I'm getting at is how much airplay this Satterfield statement is getting. It's been stuck on the ticker all night about how he's staying at Louisville and not to mention the constant jabs at South Carolina since that punk Herbstreit's boys went to Clemson. There was never any kind of story at least publicly where we were pursuing Satterfield. Now, it looks like we were begging him to come here and I never felt like he was in the top two. Satterfield is a dumbass anyway. He ain't getting a raise period.
He was never was in the top 2 maybe not even top 3!

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
I think if he had been able to meet with Ray without it leaking to the media, there would have been no need for a statement. I don’t think he is trying to Rich Rod us, but needed to get an explanation out to the Louisville fanbase. Don’t blame him.

Wish we could have conducted this search with a little more discretion so candidates are not placed in this position. I’m not really blaming Ray here, but seems there are several of the BOT with loose lips.

Reactions: Brace1
I think if he had been able to meet with Ray without it leaking to the media, there would have been no need for a statement. I don’t think he is trying to Rich Rod us, but needed to get an explanation out to the Louisville fanbase. Don’t blame him.

Wish we could have conducted this search with a little more discretion so candidates are not placed in this position. I’m not really blaming Ray here, but seems there are several of the BOT with loose lips.
This is 2020 and CFB is a multi billion dollar business nothing stays quiet for long.

I never said anything about his statement. I'm talking about how it's being plastered all over every ESPN controlled station.

I grew TIRED reading that Statement as well. I was wondering if anyone else noticed it.

Reactions: CockFamily6
It came down to Beamer and Napier and we picked Beamer. I don't know how close it was, but that call Napier made last night in the App State game probably didn't help him much.

Isn’t he like 3-7 this year or something? May as well have kept Muschamp if that was our move!

That leak put his @$$ in a sling with his constituency. His job up there just got a lot harder.

Satterfield must realize Louisville is a lot tougher than he thought. Perhaps he was trying to get out, but instead, got in....to more trouble.

Reactions: king ward
Told his AD there was not interested, THEN went and interviewed with RT. Imagine a college football coach telling a BIG FAT LIE, then getting busted. He was NEVER the top candidate, NOR offered the job. Unless this MFer was going somewhere other than USC his statement is a save face PR move...

Napier made a similar statement. He was NEVER the top candidate, NOR offered our job either...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT