ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Says ...

Clemson D-Line and secondary is good. Linebackers are average except for Boulware. Special teams is a dumpster fire. O-LIne is full of freshman and exploitable. Watson is hot/cold and can get rattled. Keep the pressure on and he likes to throw to D-Backs like Boyd used to. They are beatable.

Now...Give a breakdown of all top 15 teams that doesn't sound similar...And doesn't end with "They are beatable"...
Did I touch a nerve or something CT? I am responding to the OP thread. There are always comparable stats among the top teams in football. I don't care about the rest of them right now, I am talking about Clemmy's team per the OP. The bottom line is they are beatable. See you in November clemmy.

Fall into our laps? For the first two years he was at Clemson every Gamecock and Sooner laughed and said that he was a terrible coach and was out the door at Oklahoma etc. Dabo saw something in him when no one else did. That is hardly falling into someone's lap.
I said defensive LINE coach, NOT coordinator.

Let's talk about Clemsons sterling D against three "powerhouse" teams...

They suck... If there D was any good Louisville wouldn't have been able to score.
Their efficiency rating was as high as Clemson's offense. They had fewer first down (4 less) but they ran fewer plays.
They won the turnover battle.
They had more passing yards on Offense.
The point is - The taters D sucks and you shouldn't be giving them any credit.
And they were only adequate enough against Louisville.
Had Petrino used the final 4 minutes correctly they could have kicked a tying field goal and then who knows what happens. Such is life, however their Defense (if it was so stellar) never should have allowed Louisville to even be in this game.

You'll see when ND comes to town and set you Taters straight.

I think you're confusing defense with special teams. Clemson's special teams is down right horrid. Huegel cannot boot the ball out of the endzone to save his life and thus resulted in a 99 yard kick return. The game was 20-10 before that return and the stats indicated Clemson defense was indeed dominate. They held Louisville to 19 yards rushing I believe. Venables is a blitzing machine...he relies heavily on his secondary to make plays and while they did most of the night, they occasionally gave up the big chunk plays. All of UL's receivers are 6'3" or taller...they aren't scrubs.

I will say when Clemson plays tougher competition, they will get exposed in the ST department if it doesn't improve drastically. It could easily cost Clemson a game. Lakip is back now though after serving his 3 game suspension...

No nerve touched...Just sounds like the same thing could be said about every one...At the end of the day everybody just wants to be undefeated...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT