ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone calls South Carolina a backwards state, a hick state a dumb state.. Well at least we know

And
bikini-bash.jpg

Let's see South Carolina has elected a black Senator and a Female Minority Governor. Oh Yeah! We're the close minded ones.

Also, a higher percentage of our Juniors and Seniors take the ACT/SAT than most states. The SC Education Department encourages this so they can justify asking the legislature for more education funds because of where we "rank" nationally.

South Carolina has issues but we're not as backwards as some people think.

Last edited:
One of the issues both states face is that their laws for counting absentee ballots are a bit nuts and it demands tons of time to count, then verify them. In Arizona, they have to go through some weird process of signature verification on ballots which always takes days if not weeks.

Plus, voting turnout in Broward County was the highest ever for midterms.

So both sides shoulder some blame.

I was absolutely stunned this morning when a Republican guest on Fox News was calling for federal election standards across the country. So a so-called conservative is calling for the federal government to step in and make the states do what the federal government wants them to do regarding a clear state function -which is running elections. Wow. Never thought I would hear a conservative say that.

how to count ballots once the polls close....

Florida, Georgia and Arizona you guys are bunch of idiots running their elections..

Have not clue how these three states are ahead of us in the SAT's..

1 + 1=2 simple math...

Last edited:
SC is looked down upon for different reasons.

1). We are a relatively poor state.
2). Infant mortality is higher than the national average.
3). The poverty level is high in South Carolina. (18%)
4) Fair or not, our educational rankings are lower than most.

SC is considered backwards because we haven't devolved to the point that the intimidation arm of the Democratic Party would play here. Most races aren't close enough for the vote re-counting scheme that goes back as far as Lyndon Johnson, wouldn't be tolerated.

SC is considered backwards because we haven't devolved to the point that the intimidation arm of the Democratic Party would play here. Most races aren't close enough for the vote re-counting scheme that goes back as far as Lyndon Johnson, wouldn't be tolerated.

Ole "Landslide Lyndon" who won his first US Senate seat from Texas by a 'whopping' 86 votes! The lines to vote at the cemetaries were very long that year! No kidding! It really happened.

One of the issues both states face is that their laws for counting absentee ballots are a bit nuts and it demands tons of time to count, then verify them. In Arizona, they have to go through some weird process of signature verification on ballots which always takes days if not weeks.

I was absolutely stunned this morning when a Republican guest on Fox News was calling for federal election standards across the country. So a so-called conservative is calling for the federal government to step in and make the states do what the federal government wants them to do regarding a clear state function -which is running elections. Wow. Never thought I would hear a conservative say that.

You forgot to mention that the State of Florida has a law stating you have to have all absentee ballots and counted by 30 minutes before the polls open on election day.

Any absentee ballots come in late after the due date does not count. Period. The Panhandle had no problems getting all their ballots in after the Hurricane... The military ballots are exempt from the 30 minute due date.

Florida had early voting 20 days out, if you can't get in done in the 20 days, plus on election day, then you forfeit your right to vote in the election...

Will be interesting to see how many come from behind victories the Dems mysteriously pull off with these runoffs. Like Rubio said in Florida, how it is that the hurricane affected counties in the panhandle have all their votes in but Broward (a Dem stronghold) is still mysteriously counting theirs.

You forgot to mention that the State of Florida has a law stating you have to have all absentee ballots and counted by 30 minutes before the polls open on election day.

Any absentee ballots come in late after the due date does not count. Period. The Panhandle had no problems getting all their ballots in after the Hurricane... The military ballots are exempt from the 30 minute due date.

Florida had early voting 20 days out, if you can't get in done in the 20 days, plus on election day, then you forfeit your right to vote in the election...
Yes, but they have ten days after the election to count provisional ballots and overseas absentee ballots. I think it's something like 110k ballots total. Either way, a lot of these states are headed to recounts because the margins are so small.

Reactions: funktavious
Why so many continue to suffer from this Southern inferiority complex still puzzles me. Do some some subscribe to the dumb Southerner stereotype of course. Do I care enough to get upset over someone else's uneducated opinion, no I don't.

Why so many continue to suffer from this Southern inferiority complex still puzzles me. Do some some subscribe to the dumb Southerner stereotype of course. Do I care enough to get upset over someone else's uneducated opinion, no I don't.

Amen. One lesson a ton of people all over this country need to learn is never confuse personality with intelligence.

Last edited:

Yep- "Republican" and "conservative" not always synonymous in this day and age.

how to count ballots once the polls close....

Florida, Georgia and Arizona you guys are bunch of idiots running their elections..

Have not clue how these three states are ahead of us in the SAT's..

1 + 1=2 simple math...

The guy in GA in charge of the election is the person who won the governor's race. That's pretty efficient.

We haven't done anything to improve on these. We continue to elect the same people election after election.

People need to stop worrying about statistics and pay more attention to their own households instead. I can reach out and help my neighbor, but I can't help everybody else's neighbor and neither can a government program. The availability of statistics for everything under the sun gives us the false impression that we can fix every societal illness. We can't.

We have always been a one-party state. First we all were democrats then we were all republicans which explains why a moron like Alan Wilson got elected AG even after he was found to have unlawfully interfered into a prosecution for corruption by state officials.

Yep- "Republican" and "conservative" not always synonymous in this day and age.

Also what I like about Trump,

He fights back, where as the rest of the republicans don't.... Bunch of wimpy wussies...

And Ole Nancy, like her hate her, she will keep her party in line and beat back the young stupid democrats who think they will beat her for Speaker...

And if She loses that speaker role, all hell will come down on the democrats... Nancy isn't there to play second fiddle to no one...

Reactions: cockofdawn
I’ll take our state anytime,
I’m still open for trading that North West Corner to another state or make a 52nd State & call it Thar , anyway folks who don’t know what we have here are my favorite & let’s let them continue on

Yes, but they have ten days after the election to count provisional ballots and overseas absentee ballots. I think it's something like 110k ballots total. Either way, a lot of these states are headed to recounts because the margins are so small.

Like Connecticut... Republican Governor went to bed think he won and woke up to a Democrat Governor....

Provisional ballots are the ones who voted twice or more, didn't register to vote and etc...

It's been reported that a lot of provisional ballots are the voters who already voted twice... And a teacher found a box of provisional ballots on Thursday that someone left them behind in a school room...

Check those ballots for crayons checks....

Reactions: cockofdawn
Like Connecticut... Republican Governor went to bed think he won and woke up to a Democrat Governor....

Provisional ballots are the ones who voted twice or more, didn't register to vote and etc...

It's been reported that a lot of provisional ballots are the voters who already voted twice... And a teacher found a box of provisional ballots on Thursday that someone left them behind in a school room...

Check those ballots for crayons checks....
Rumor has it, They are still filling out ballots in the Back Room..

The guy in GA was in charge of verifying the election results not in how the absentee ballots were mailed or how the local votes were counted, just a democrat ploy, oh by the way he just resigned before the results can be certified. The governor appointed the first black female to ever serve in the GA government as Secretary of State and she will certify the results. The democratic canidate is a sore loser and if she cared about the people she would not be filing law suites wasting tax payer money as the state has to defend the law suites.

Let's see South Carolina has elected a black Senator and a Female Minority Governor. Oh Yeah! We're the close minded ones.

Also, a higher percentage of our Juniors and Seniors take the ACT/SAT than most states. The SC Education Department encourages this so they can justify asking the legislature for more education funds because of where we "rank" nationally.

South Carolina has issues but we're not as backwards as some people think.
All juniors take either the ACT or the SAT now, regardless of whether they are college bound or not. There is an opt out, but very few use it.

So a so-called conservative is calling for the federal government to step in and make the states do what the federal government wants them to do regarding a clear state function -which is running elections.

For state offices, maybe. But how is a vote for Congress or Senate or President a "clear state function"? Those are federal offices. It is the federal government that decides how long they serve and how many each state gets. The federal government decides who is eligible (by age, residency and citizenship). The federal government decided poll taxes can't be collected. The federal government picks the election day and it has to be the same throughout the United States. If the day has to be the same, why shouldn't the rules for voting for federal offices? I don't see it as so clearly a state function, at least with respect to federal offices.

Pretty suspicious, too.

Agree. Was taught in school if it looks like a conflict, it's a conflict. Kemp could be as clean as a whistle (not saying he is) and could've kept his fingers out of the race (not saying he did), but it looks shady. He could've solved that when he decided to run by resigning.

Secretary of State (which Kemp was) should be nonpartisan. How you make that happen is beyond me, but I'm a 35 year Georgia resident and political moderate and I'm disgusted with the direction the election went.

If third party candidates weren't so damn third party, I'd probably be voting for them left and right these days.

Ah well. Sorry. Struck a nerve.

Reactions: aj&uscgrad

We haven't done anything to improve on these. We continue to elect the same people election after election.

Exactly. What is that old adage about the definition of insanity being doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Republicans, Republicans, Republicans have made this state so GREAT.

Will be interesting to see how many come from behind victories the Dems mysteriously pull off with these runoffs. Like Rubio said in Florida, how it is that the hurricane affected counties in the panhandle have all their votes in but Broward (a Dem stronghold) is still mysteriously counting theirs.

Aaaand here come the crazy right-wing conspiracy theories. Only thing Republicans/"Conservatives" have to hold on to anymore. Even the White House itself is releasing doctored videos (lies) to the American people.

Now I understand!

You, authorities on everything in the world, are so busy knowing every state's in the union voting and absentee ballot laws ... How can anyone expect you to know what the hell you are talking about when it comes to football, basketball, and baseball.

God Bless you and protect you from the Godless menace of Communism.

Exactly. What is that old adage about the definition of insanity being doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Republicans, Republicans, Republicans have made this state so GREAT.

Aaaand here come the crazy right-wing conspiracy theories. Only thing Republicans/"Conservatives" have to hold on to anymore. Even the White House itself is releasing doctored videos (lies) to the American people.
Talk about videos and lying, Pelosi, Booker, Harris, Nadler, Clinton, Shief, Waters, Gillibrand and others that anything that comes out of their mouths is nothing but false rhetoric. The main one is that any opponent is racist with no substantion.

Talk about videos and lying, Pelosi, Booker, Harris, Nadler, Clinton, Shief, Waters, Gillibrand and others that anything that comes out of their mouths is nothing but false rhetoric. The main one is that any opponent is racist with no substantion.

WHATABOUTISM.

None of those people are The President of the United States of America or The White House representing him. Can you "look me in the eye" and tell me that Donald Trump isn't telling multiple lies to the American people every single day?

Here's a couple new ones... "I don't know Matthew Whitaker" and "The video was a closeup, not doctored." LIES.

The Republican party has become the Nationalist Authoritarian Party of lies. Face it. Real Conservatives (if there are any left out there) need to grow some balls (and some patriotism) and break off to create an actual Conservative party in America. Ted Cruz is your perfect example of what's happened to the Republican party. Donald Trump shits all over you, calls you a liar, calls your wife ugly, calls your dad the murderer of another POTUS and then you smile and say, "Thanks Mr. Trump!" to keep your power.

Democrats trying to buy/steal the Governor`s and the Senate races. If you want the truth, you have to watch Fox News or listen to Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity or Michael Savage. Other "news" outlets will not give you the truth. Voter fraud lies with the Democrats - laughable that they try to say that about Republicans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT