ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci casting doubt on football season

MowerDave

Jun 10, 2020
He says they would need live in total isolation from the outside community and be tested nearly every day. There are roughly 1700 players in the NFL, not counting coaches and other necessary support start. That's a whole lot of testing.

Obviously, for the college game, that amount of testing would be prohibitive. Doing some rough math, it would work out to 7200 tests per college team for the season (if you only tested 4 days a week).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29328206/dr-anthony-fauci-football-needs-bubble-format-play-2020

Last edited:
Even if we have football season this year, it will be so limited that it is probably not worth the effort. They probably need to cancel and focus on next season.

Keep in mind, this is the same who just admitted lying to the American people about the need for facemasks at the start of the outbreak here.

I'd take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Keep in mind, this is the same who just admitted lying to the American people about the need for facemasks at the start of the outbreak here.

Yes, I agree that he is not the complete authority on the subject and has changed his positions multiple times.

However, he and others have cast enough doubt that it has created confusion and panic among some. If they do have football season, I can imagine it being a confused mess that will be out of control. I guess I would rather have a legitimate football season or no season at all.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
He is an idiot.

He is. But the mainstream media will latch onto this. And jellyfish have stronger spines than our universities do, so they'll Gundy this faster than you can blink.

Oddly, the one confounding factor is ESPN. They've gone all-in with the leftist politics, which is the driving force behind the shutdown. Yet, they stand to lose the most without a football season. Will they remain loyal to the left and go without one of their major cash cows for a whole season, or will they be loyal to their bottom line?

Reactions: jonesz21 and 92Pony
He is. But the mainstream media will latch onto this. And jellyfish have stronger spines than our universities do, so they'll Gundy this faster than you can blink.

Oddly, the one confounding factor is ESPN. They've gone all-in with the leftist politics, which is the driving force behind the shutdown. Yet, they stand to lose the most without a football season. Will they remain loyal to the left and go without one of their major cash cows for a whole season, or will they be loyal to their bottom line?
Very perceptive post. ESPN cannot survive without college football revenues.

Just bring back NCAA football for playstation and xbox. Pay all the players on the college rosters to use their names, then have virtual games with the playoffs at the end. Just broadcast each individual virtual game in the time slots where the real games were scheduled. The thing is who would we get to be our controller?

Reactions: DeepfriedCock
He says they would need live in total isolation from the outside community and be tested nearly every day. There are roughly 1700 players in the NFL, not counting coaches and other necessary support start. That's a whole lot of testing.

Obviously, for the college game, that amount of testing would be prohibitive. Doing some rough math, it would work out to 7200 tests per college team for the season (if you only tested 4 days a week).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29328206/dr-anthony-fauci-football-needs-bubble-format-play-2020

Fauci can F'ck himself... The man lied about mask so that there isn't a run on mask... If he lied about the mask, then what else he like about??? Oh, he lied about 2 million Americans would die if we didn't take shelter and hide... And that was to keep from over loading the hospitals... Flatten the curve...

The man needs go F'ck himself... Oh, BTW, Big time donor to DNC, along with Brix... Go look it up... That information well know within the medical lab community

I don't care for the NFL, but want to see college football...

Reactions: MowerDave

Since he’s stating football teams and all support staff need total isolation and daily testing, then that matrix would have to be applied to the rest of the country that gets out and works.

He’s a lifelong bureaucrat, held a total of 4 jobs at NIH since 1968. I think it’s reasonable to question his judgement and real world experience.

Fauci is also the man who said the financial and economic devastation of the shutdown was "inconvenient."

So I'm long past putting a lot of stock into what he says. He knows an awful lot about the stuff he knows an awful lot about. But he should not be put in this position of being the economic czar, school czar, sports czar, etc. But he's a darling of the left, so if he says it they're going to push it.

Still just waiting to see how ESPN plays this. Their viewership is absolutely cratering, for a variety of reasons. College football is an absolute cash cow for them.

Fauci can F'ck himself... The man lied about mask so that there isn't a run on mask... If he lied about the mask, then what else he like about??? Oh, he lied about 2 million Americans would die if we didn't take shelter and hide... And that was to keep from over loading the hospitals... Flatten the curve...

The man needs go F'ck himself... Oh, BTW, Big time donor to DNC, along with Brix... Go look it up... That information well know within the medical lab community

I don't care for the NFL, but want to see college football...
He said in an interview today that his two favorite presidents were Bush I and II.

Very, very interesting thing to watch!

Reactions: uscedge21
Fauci is also the man who said the financial and economic devastation of the shutdown was "inconvenient."

So I'm long past putting a lot of stock into what he says. He knows an awful lot about the stuff he knows an awful lot about. But he should not be put in this position of being the economic czar, school czar, sports czar, etc. But he's a darling of the left, so if he says it they're going to push it.

Still just waiting to see how ESPN plays this. Their viewership is absolutely cratering, for a variety of reasons. College football is an absolute cash cow for them.

ESPN...

default-1464355421-828-stressed-out-snake-eats-itself.jpg

Reactions: 92Pony
I'm sorry to say, I think college football will have to be cancelled this season. Just too dangerous for amatures to play.

As a nation, I feel like we will *need* football. Everyone is pissed off.

The pros get paid well, and theyll get cte anyways. They just need to go ahead and get infected and get ready to play.

Even if we have football season this year, it will be so limited that it is probably not worth the effort. They probably need to cancel and focus on next season.

Agree 100%. I had just soon not have college football because our team is going to be mediocre at best.

Reactions: Cola G'Cock

Yeah, this guy in my opinion is a complete joke.. If he keeps this up he will eventually be right about something... He's got too many Big Pharma, Big Donor's, Big everything connections to be believed , world's greatest pandemic authority my butt. Hell, I've been right more often than him.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

The problem is, this isn’t going away anytime soon. He’ll then call for the cancellation of the NBA/NCAA seasons because of the same issue and it being during winter/colder months. Then come spring, baseball, soccer, and other sports will be called to be cancelled. You will literally see schools shut down if there aren’t sports to help financially.

let everyone get it, herd immunity, and move on with life.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
The problem is, this isn’t going away anytime soon. He’ll then call for the cancellation of the NBA/NCAA seasons because of the same issue and it being during winter/colder months. Then come spring, baseball, soccer, and other sports will be called to be cancelled. You will literally see schools shut down if there aren’t sports to help financially.

let everyone get it, herd immunity, and move on with life.
Oh, I agree.

However, I am not "woke".

Reactions: Cocky4SC
He said in an interview today that his two favorite presidents were Bush I and II.
He's been all over the place.
What has he been wrong about in the last three months? The first few weeks when there was little or no concrete information, everything was speculation. Since then, the science has been very accurate. We were able to flatten the curve due to policies put in place - based on science.
People seem to criticize him because the numbers were not as bad as he predicted (so far). It was not as bad as predicted because of the policies put in place.

What has he been wrong about in the last three months? The first few weeks when there was little or no concrete information, everything was speculation. Since then, the science has been very accurate. We were able to flatten the curve due to policies put in place - based on science.
People seem to criticize him because the numbers were not as bad as he predicted (so far). It was not as bad as predicted because of the policies put in place.

This is ALWAYS how the left operates. It's a page right out of the global warming playbook. Predict the apocalypse to scare people into complying, then when it never materializes, claim victory b/c of policies you put in place.

For the record, we were told that EVEN WITH mitigation strategies (shutdown, distancing, etc) we'd see north of 2 million deaths. So they said even with their policies, that's how many deaths we'd see. Then that number was revised down and then revised down again. And we're still not close to their prediction.

You know, you make an excellent point. And if people want to be fair, the same logic should be applied to certain other people as well. We'll just say that he, and certain other people, have only APPEARED erratic, OK?

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
So he's more concerned about a player getting the coronavirus than he is about a player being permanently maimed playing the sport? He truly can't see the forest because of the trees.

The curve was flattened but there always was going to be a spike after the lockdowns were lifted and that is what we are seeing now. We just delayed it at a major cost to our economy. Fauci also knew there was going to be spike after the lockdowns were lifted. His model showed it but he only showed us part of his model and not the whole thing. The media was too clueless to question his modeled results.

Also, don't forget how the narrative shifted. Remember when it was "2 weeks to flatten the curve"?

It went from "flattening the curve" to "we can't return to normalcy without a vaccine."

You know, you make an excellent point. And if people want to be fair, the same logic should be applied to certain other people as well. We'll just say that he, and certain other people, have only APPEARED erratic, OK?
Okey Doke. Just like the people who claimed more people die daily in car accidents than Covid now appear erratic.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT