ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Country Songs

My favorite one is that one that's about whisky, pickup trucks, cigarettes, blue jeans and girls. Can't remember the name of it....

Reactions: howard13
Chris Stapleton - Tennessee Whiskey
I went to see Stapleton. I took my wife as her birthday or anniversary gift. I forget which. I don't like being in a crowd that large for hours. But he had Marty Stewart and Brent Cobb with him. Both of those bands were great. But Cobb's band just blew me away. I had never heard of him before then and now I check his tour dates. If i catch him, I'll go ahead and buy tix and surprise the wife.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
He was always who he is. It wasn't he who changed.

I think he's changed quite a bit. Much more outspoken politically. Some of it pretty toxic. And musically, he is a shadow of his former self. Which is not all that surprising. He was in his late 20's then, and is in his 70's now. Still talented, but he really has turned into a bit of a caricature.

To your point though, I've changed a lot too. The world has changed a lot. Everything has changed since the late 70's. Some for better, some for worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReelEss
I think he's changed quite a bit. Much more outspoken politically. Some of it pretty toxic. And musically, he is a shadow of his former self. Which is not all that surprising. He was in his late 20's then, and is in his 70's now. Still talented, but he really has turned into a bit of a caricature.

To your point though, I've changed a lot too. The world has changed a lot. Everything has changed since the late 70's. Some for better, some for worse.
Fair enough. Discourse in general, is a lot more toxic nowadays.

Reactions: GandBinNC
Interstate- Randy Rogers
Flyover States- Jason Aldean
The Good Stuff- Kenny Chesney
Alyssa Lies- John Michael Carroll
Another Bullet- Randall King
Hollerboys- Upchurch

And of course a ton of older country as well including Keith Whitley, etc.

Garth Brooks - The Dance
Alabama- Dixieland Delight
Cadillac Three- The South
George Strait- Leave Her With a Smile
Patsy Cline- Crazy

Newer stuff-
Cody Jenks- Loud and Heavy
Kip Moore- Good Things
Matt Mason- E
Gabby Barrett- I Hope
HIXTAPE- One Beer
Chris Jansen- Drunk Girl